07-02-10, 02:45 AM   #1
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

Consolidate buff

I use this fucntion, but it's god awful ugly and I want to move it down a little.

Is there any addon out there that will allow me to move it and also to skin it or make it less hideous?
07-06-10, 12:58 AM   #2
Barana
A Defias Bandit
As far as I know, to get to the textures you can replace the icon with you need to get Blizzard's Addon Kit (a google search should get you to it, don't have the link right now).

Download it(from Blizzard's site, of course), run it, and click Install Interface Art(you also have the option of installing all of the UI LUA and XML files to dig around in).

It may freeze and tell you it's unresponsive, but give it 2 minutes and a window similar to WoW's updater should pop up.

After that finishes, the folder with the textures should be in your root WoW directory with the name "Blizzard Interface Art" (spell and ability icons are in the folder "ICONS")

Ingame, type
Code:
/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetTexture("Interface\\<Name of folder inside of installed art folder>\\<Name of chosen icon>")
(without <>) to set your icon of choice.

Use the following script commands to modify the appearance of the icon:

Code:
/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetTexCoord(left, right, top, bottom)
--Changes the focal point of the image; a setting of (0, 1, 0, 1) will generally center the image

Code:
/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetHeight(32)
/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetWidth(32)
--More or less the general buff icon size, some icons may need tweaking

To get the icon back to default, type this ingame:

Code:
/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetTexture("Interface\\Buttons\\BuffConsolidation")

/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetTexCoords(0, 0.5, 0, 1)

/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetHeight(64)

/script ConsolidatedBuffsIcon:SetWidth(64)
That does it for reskinning it, as for moving it, I'd think BuffBars or Bartender would allow you to do it, but I haven't thought to test it. Any addon that lets you move the buff bars around should work.
07-06-10, 01:10 AM   #3
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You use any specific addon for buffs? Im not at home atm. But Can give you the code i used too skin it if you want when i get Home.
07-07-10, 06:30 PM   #4
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

I don't use anything at the moment for my buffs. I hadn't found anything that did what I wanted.

I'll give what was suggested a shot and see what happens.

(I do use Buttonfacade though which does make all the other buffs look nice but not the consolidated button)
07-11-10, 04:10 AM   #5
Patrick1337
A Defias Bandit
If you are looking for a buff addon, you can try Elkano's Buff Bars. It's quite simple and nice-looking addon. Google it and you'll find it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Consolidate buff