01-15-12, 02:28 PM   #1
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Parenting KgPanels to Classtimer

Hey guys.
It appears that Classtimer does not have a built-in border option, so i figured iŽd make a clean 1xpixel border on it with Kgpanels and Parent it to the Classtimer bar.
I used "/Fstack" to find the parent, and it says "table: 47CE49C8"
I tried to parent it on KGpanels but it just goes away and does not parent with the ClassTimer bar.

Obviously I need to Parent/Anchor it, since I only want the border whenever the bar is visable.

What is going on =(?

Thanks in advance!
01-15-12, 02:36 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What you saw (table:xxxxx) is not a frame name, it is a memory reference. The frame does not have a name, so you cannot parent/anchor to it with this method. It would require you to find some other identifier for the frame or modify the addon's code directly either to give it a global name or to add a border.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-15-12, 02:41 PM   #3
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well that's a shame :/
I only use ClassTimer to track my "Living Bomb" and make a clean simple bar over my unitframe.
Do you have any idea about an addon that would do that trick?
01-15-12, 04:38 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't know if you can put borders around these, but there's this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mbmonitor.html

Or you could set up something like WeakAuras or PowerAuras to watch your target for your Living Bomb debuff. (weak auras should let you set up a timer bar for it, plus you can use the addon to set up notifications for other spells/debuffs like Ignite.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-31-12, 05:21 PM   #5
Rusken
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Download needtoknow instead, you can parent to it and it's simply the king of timer addons!
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eedToKnow.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Parenting KgPanels to Classtimer