07-22-09, 02:51 PM   #1
Omobasso
A Kobold Labourer
Pet bar: need more slot

Hi guyz!

Well, i'm an hunter, and with the new (well, not so new, right now) pet talent trees there are a lot of new abilities, but on the original wow pet action bar you can't put all of them.

And I was not able to find an add-on that could expand the number of the slots of the pet bar...couuld someone help me?

Thanx!
07-22-09, 02:53 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

As far as I'm aware, the default pet bar auto-adds any new pet abilities that are learned. I've been playing hunters since I starte WoW around 3 years ago, and I've never added anything to the pet bar.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-22-09, 03:11 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no way to expand the number of slots on the pet bar. That is something totally and completely up to the Blizz developers to allow us to do, and so far this hasn't happened. Unfortunately, many hunters/locks have requested this feature for a very long time, and nothing has ever come of it.

In all honesty, we don't really need more slots. IMHO it works perfectly just the way it is.
07-22-09, 03:16 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It'd be fine if when you turn off an automatic ability, the damn thing stayed turned off.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-22-09, 03:24 PM   #5
BFSskepsis
Premium Member

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
It'd be fine if when you turn off an automatic ability, the damn thing stayed turned off.
Like Prowl and Cower! GRRRRRR
07-22-09, 03:25 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yes, exactly like that.
07-22-09, 03:29 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't have a problem with those as I keep em on the petbar. Those two abilities need to be on the petbar due to the fact that circumstances can change on a dime and you need to have quick access to them at all times. Since those two are the only ones hunters have an issue with and all of the other pet abilities stay on when you turn em on, it makes sense to keep thost two on the petbar.

Personally I don't use my cat anymore since the wolf helps me put out more DPS with Furious Howl.
07-22-09, 03:36 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
But if you basically never use them and have other abilities that you would by far rather have on the bar ....
07-22-09, 03:43 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

But if you basically never use them and have other abilities that you would by far rather have on the bar ....
But those abilities stay turned on and there's really no reason to turn them off (other than growl for raids/groups/instances). Having other abilities on the bar serves no purpose other than to look at them lol. The only abilities that need to be on the bar are the ones you need to switch on or off at a moments notice.. which would be Cower, Growl, Prowl.. and depending on what type of pet you are using, any AOE type of ability.
07-22-09, 04:05 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
All a matter of your personal preferences, situations and play style, now isn't it?

To the OP - I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately it isn't possible at this point. Hopefully Blizzard may change this in the future, or allow pet abilities to be put on regular bars or something, but not as of yet ....
07-22-09, 04:17 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All a matter of your personal preferences, situations and play style, now isn't it?
Nah, not really a matter of personal play style at all. In all actuality, this same discussion has been beat to death on the bug reports forum. How I use the pet abilities is really no different than most of the other old timers who have played a hunter as their main. In fact, that and EJ's are where I learn most things hunter related. Those math geeks there at EJ's are some smart cookies!
07-22-09, 04:53 PM   #12
tachase
A Kobold Labourer
"A bug shouldn't be fixed because I have found an admittedly inconvenient way of circumventing it. Moreover, a bit of added functionality should not be added because everyone should just do exactly what I do."
07-22-09, 05:06 PM   #13
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

All I would want to see done is at the very least, allow us to remove the abilities on the bar from the beginning (allow us the option to remove them), the Passive, Defensive, Aggressive & Stay / Follow plus Attack.

I myself would keep Passive, Defensive & Attack, but have no need for Stay / Follow as Follow is all I keep it on and Aggressive gets too dangerous for me to bother with, especially since you have to hit each mob at least once anyway to get credit for it. That would free up 3 slots for me if I needed them, but I just like the others only put on the few that need to be toggled anyway, so it's always worked out fine as-is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pet bar: need more slot