04-04-12, 05:58 PM   #1
SaberWulf
A Kobold Labourer
Am I doing it wrong?

I'm having such a hard time setting up carbonite properly. Here's what I basically want;

Carbonite map when I hit "M" Except when in instances (it just.. doesnt work? especially instances with multiple levels like Scarlet Monastary)

I've merge the minimap but I was the carbonite minimap when im out in the open, but when im indoors, in instances and/or especially battlegrounds, I want the WoW minimap to dock full size. Now it KIND OF does this but I find myself constantly having to right click and select minimap -> full size, it just seems to reset all the time for no reason.

There's some other annoying things but those are the 2 major ones.. Am I doing it wrong? Can anyone tell me how I'm suppose to set this up properly? I dont want to have 2 minimaps, I've tried that setup and it's just ugly.

Thanks in advanced.

04-04-12, 10:35 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SaberWulf View Post
I'm having such a hard time setting up carbonite properly. Here's what I basically want;

Carbonite map when I hit "M" Except when in instances (it just.. doesnt work? especially instances with multiple levels like Scarlet Monastary)

I've merge the minimap but I was the carbonite minimap when im out in the open, but when im indoors, in instances and/or especially battlegrounds, I want the WoW minimap to dock full size. Now it KIND OF does this but I find myself constantly having to right click and select minimap -> full size, it just seems to reset all the time for no reason.

There's some other annoying things but those are the 2 major ones.. Am I doing it wrong? Can anyone tell me how I'm suppose to set this up properly? I dont want to have 2 minimaps, I've tried that setup and it's just ugly.

Thanks in advanced.
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page, and make sure the options highlighted with red are checked:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb Minimap Opt.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	6878 (Please click the picture for a larger view)
If your Carbonite map doesn't maximize when you hit "M", then while you have the options open, go to the "Map" page and make sure the first option on the page, "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map", is checked. If you want different map behavior for when you're doing "normal" things (questing and such) and when you are in instances, then no, that isn't possible. Sorry. If you want to see the Blizzard world map just use "alt + M" and it should open. That's a default Carbonite key combination.

I understand that there have been some problems with instance maps showing (or, rather, not showing) in Carbonites minimized map. One reason for that might be because the structure of the addon Atlas, which Carbonite uses for its' instance maps, has changed since the last update to Carbonite. Hopefully that will be corrected in Carbonites next update.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Am I doing it wrong?