08-08-09, 11:21 AM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
DBM and CoS

I am getting a ton error messages from DBM all related to Strat.
08-08-09, 11:34 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What are your error messages?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-08-09, 12:35 PM   #3
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
What are your error messages?
Something lua Strat. Same one every single time. And I still don't know what a lua is. I am old enough to have forgotten more than most younger people here know. I really don't know how to get an exact copy of the message to post.
08-08-09, 12:39 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Snag an addon like buggrabber and bugsack. It will collect the error messages so you can copy/paste them to here. Lua is the language addons are programmed in. What its saying partially is there is an error in the lua file for that instance in DBM. What that is remains to be seen.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-08-09, 12:49 PM   #5
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Ah, thank you. I was an old Cobaler. 30+ years ago.
08-08-09, 12:58 PM   #6
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Would you believe I just downloaded dbm fresh from the site, unzipped it, but it in the add ons folder and wow does not recognize it exists?
08-08-09, 01:14 PM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Might want to double check the file path. Ill assume you removed the old version first then re-downloaded. If thats the case its possible it wasnt packaged correctly which happens from time to time.

should be ...\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\DBM

.. And inside the dbm folder should be the DBM.toc file.

If its not and there is another DBM folder in there and inside THAT one is the toc its just simple folder in folder syndrome. Just move the files in to the first dbm folder. The only reasons wow would not see it are (and someone please correct me if im wrong here):

A) The files are not in the right place

or

B) The files themselves are not correctly written

For A its either folder in folder or the files aren't where they should be (read totally wrong directory primarily happens with vista users) and for B its pretty self explanatory.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 08-08-09 at 01:17 PM.
08-08-09, 02:05 PM   #8
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
2009/08/08 15:03:09-1-x114]: ...DBM-Party-WotLK\OldStratholme\OldStratholmeWaves.lua:60: attempt to call global 'GetCurrentDungeonDifficulty' (a nil value):
DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:202: in function <Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:198>

Ah finally. During or right after a nexus run but I have been seeing this for 2 days now.
08-08-09, 11:21 PM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
2009/08/08 15:03:09-1-x114]: ...DBM-Party-WotLK\OldStratholme\OldStratholmeWaves.lua:60: attempt to call global 'GetCurrentDungeonDifficulty' (a nil value):
Blizzard did it's old trick of replacing functions mein old time COBAL writing friend

GetCurrentDungeonDifficulty

is now replaced by

GetDungeonDifficuly

http://www.deadlybossmods.com/DBM-svn.zip should have it fixed

http://www.deadlybossmods.com/forum/...8da3411ad36fec

Okay, GetRaidDifficulty() is a completely new function while GetCurruentDungeonDifficulty() was replaced by GetDungeonDifficuly(). I'm now trying to figure out what corresponds to the old 15/25-men detection.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 08-08-09 at 11:24 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DBM and CoS