06-13-11, 12:13 AM   #1
Andraenei
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy missing Carbonite button window

Hi there ...
I modified several items in Carbonite config and now I no longer have the "Carbonite button window" (aka "C").
I read several posts regarding "Carbonite button window"; I tried some suggestions, and they didn't work:
* typed /carb resetwin
* moved in/out the minimap buttons into/from Carbonite button window

The "C" is nowhere!!!

Please help

06-13-11, 12:49 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and scroll to the bottom. Make sure there is a check mark in the box for the "Show "Carbonite" minimap button" option.

By-the-way, the "C" button is actually the Carbonite minimap button, and has nothing at all to do with the Carbonite button window. That's an option you can enable in Carbonite that will gather the buttons off of your Blizzard Minimap and put them in a "window" that (I think) defaults to the right side of your screen in a vertical column.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-13-11 at 12:58 AM.

06-13-11, 09:57 AM   #3
Andraenei
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and scroll to the bottom. Make sure there is a check mark in the box for the "Show "Carbonite" minimap button" option.

By-the-way, the "C" button is actually the Carbonite minimap button, and has nothing at all to do with the Carbonite button window. That's an option you can enable in Carbonite that will gather the buttons off of your Blizzard Minimap and put them in a "window" that (I think) defaults to the right side of your screen in a vertical column.
There is a check mark already to "Show 'Carbonite' minimap"

I had all Blizzard buttons in that "window" you mentioned (located at the right side of my screen in a vertical colum). And that is the missing window I want to recover.

06-13-11, 08:03 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Andraenei View Post
There is a check mark already to "Show 'Carbonite' minimap"

I had all Blizzard buttons in that "window" you mentioned (located at the right side of my screen in a vertical colum). And that is the missing window I want to recover.
Open Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page, and make sure there is a check in the option box for "Move minimap buttons into Carbonite button window (reload required)". Checking this option will automatically cause a "Reload UI" confirmation box to open. Hit the "Reload" button, your UI will reload, and your minimap buttons should be back in the Carbonite button window on the right side of the screen.

06-14-11, 07:34 PM   #5
Andraenei
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Open Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page, and make sure there is a check in the option box for "Move minimap buttons into Carbonite button window (reload required)". Checking this option will automatically cause a "Reload UI" confirmation box to open. Hit the "Reload" button, your UI will reload, and your minimap buttons should be back in the Carbonite button window on the right side of the screen.
There was a check in the option box for "Move minimap buttons into Carbonite button window (reload required)".

So I unchecked it, then reloaded UI, and then I checked it and reloaded UI again.

But the buttons are still missing!

06-15-11, 08:55 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you have any other addons that do anything with the minimap buttons, either disable them or go through their options and see if they are hiding the buttons. You can check to see if another addon is interfering with Carbonite by disabling all addons except Carbonite. If the problem stops, it's because another addon is doing something with your minimap buttons.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Open your
"Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\"
folder and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that doing this will completely reset your installation of Carbonite, and it will look and act as if you have just installed it for the first time on ALL of your characters. This happens because those files contain Carbonites set up information for all of your characters.

If THAT doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is that your Carbonite installation has somehow been corrupted. The only way to correct that is to do a complete reinstall of Carbonite.

Start by deleting the previously mentioned files in your WTF folder. Then open your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\ folder and delete the four Carbonite folders there. These will be: Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes, and CarboniteTransfer. Next, go to the download site of your choice (Carbonite at WoWI or Carbonite at Curse) and download and reinstall Carbonite. Start WoW and set Carbonite up the way you like it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » missing Carbonite button window