Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-07-09, 01:00 PM   #11
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
can you please tell me where in the file to put this. I would love to be able to use the functions of changing my multi totems spells. You say to open any addon's . lua to do so but i don't find one listed as that , and not sure if you mean any of the file's with in the mod or a named one. let alone as to where to put it.

Thanks for putting up with a code dummy
K. Dawn

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
With Macaroon, you can make bars and put your totems on them, just as you did pre-patch.

To show the Blizzard totem bar, you need to un-parent it from the main menu bar, since Macaroon hides the main menu bar, and when you hide a frame, all other frames which are attached to that frame are also hidden. Simply open up any addon's .lua file and add:
Code:
if MultiCastActionBarFrame then
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetParent(UIParent)
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:ClearAllPoints()
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, -200)

local dummy = function() return end
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetParent = dummy
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetPoint = dummy
end
The first part attaches the totem bar to something "safe", and moves it up below the center of your screen. Play with the SetPoint line to get it where you want it.

The second part is needed because Blizzard's code unnecessarily reattaches the totem bar to the main bar on certain events, causing it to be hidden again. By overwriting the attachment and positioning functions on the totem bar with an empty function that doesn't actually do anything, the Blizzard code can safely run without ruining things.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread