Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-27-11, 10:29 AM   #1
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to show castbars for all visible nameplates

I was thinking about how to display castbars and spell icon for all visible nameplates.

Since this is way more tricky than the stuff I normally do I need some help.

Brainstorming so far:

* cache all nameplates in a table
* check on events (COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED?!?) if a cast starts
* associate the cast with the proper nameplate by comparing the check above with the cached nameplates
* create a castbar and spell icon for unit's that are casting and display the cast
* show the cast and it's icon

I'm kinda stuck here, not sure how to get rid of cached nameplates or if this is even necessary and if anything of what I said above is correct. I tried to take a glimpse look at how TidyPlates does it, but didn't got it so far, since everything is so split up.

Anyway, I want to use the code with my existing nameplate addon(s), if possible. Which more or less re-skin blizzards plates. So a "simple solution" without the use of additional libraries would be preferable.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to show castbars for all visible nameplates