Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-23-08, 02:15 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Toran View Post
That's a really odd comparison. Not sure if you've tried openSUSE since v9, but that last several versions have supplied GUI configs upon install (easy/easier than XP install) for sound, wireless detection, partitions, etc. So simple it's silly. Ubuntu also has a very strong installation process - but they are both imo similarly easy.

Don't forget - SUSE engineers developed the cube desktop (aka compiz/xgl) that you see on all other distributions and in some screenies on this thread. So, if you want the cool technology first - go SUSE.
Ok, enough of the sweet talk.... I'm convinced lol. Will give it a try after income tax check time and I've rebuilt my comp. I already had intentions of getting a smaller hard drive to dedicate to a linux box, and was going to go with Ubuntu again, but I'll give openSUSE a try (that cubed desktop is just so hawt lookin hehe).

*Edit*
Mandrake was the first linux distro I ever tried, then Suse, then FreeBSD (will never like anything better, ever), then it was Ubuntu. Mind you, I tried Mandrake about 6 years ago or so... it's been a long time. I have no clue if FreeBSD has the easy install GUI now, but if it does then I'll definitely be giving that another go lol. Meh, there's too many flavors to check out haha.

Last edited by Petrah : 04-23-08 at 02:30 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Screenshot of your Desktop