10-14-08, 11:40 PM   #1
Zokudu
An Aku'mai Servant

Redoing Entire UI

So with the release of 3.0 I have decided to redo my entire UI. So while I wait for the patch to download (utorrent>Blizzard Dowloader) I went through the 3.0 Survival guide for some ideas on addons.

Heres what I'm planning: Black panel along bottom. Chat box on left side combat log on right side. Bars to the right of the chat log. Minimap to the right of that. Blank space? Maybe a damage meter to fill the rest of the space until my combat log. Unit fromes centered above black panel at the bottom. Then scrolling combat text some buff bars and a FuBar at the top. Pretty basic I tend toward functional but not crowding the screen.

So the addons I was planning were:
Bartender4
Chatter
Classtimer
Combuctor
eCastingBar
EBB
eePanel
Examiner
FuBar+Some plugins
HitsMode
MSBT
Omen
Mapster
TomTom

Now thats all well and good but you'll notice I'm missing a few things. First is a UnitFrames addon. I need a lightweight one and I dont know whcih to choose. Any suggestions?

Next I need a tooltip mod. I dont know any of them to be honest. Any suggestions.

Also I run a very low end pc. Do any of the above addons run heavy at all? If so is there a lighter alternative?

About ClassTimer and OmniCC will these addons clash? I dont think so so I think I may also add OmniCC

And finally (hopefully) I need a minimap editor. Which one would you suggest. Lightweight is important remember.

Oops I forgot a damage meter. I'm leanign toward Violation because its simple and I dont need all the functionality of Recount. Is there any issues with choosing Violation over the alternatives?

Last edited by Zokudu : 10-14-08 at 11:44 PM.
10-15-08, 03:36 AM   #2
Magneson
A Defias Bandit

I and my wife personally have had lots of success with X-perl. According to curse.com it updated overnight and I have yet to be able to login to see if it is working or not. Extremely user friendly and looks good to boot. If for some reason it is not working my backup is "Pitbull". As far as the tooltip goes I have never used one, but I have heard people in my guild using "Tooltip Exchange". Hope this helps, and good luck with the search.
10-15-08, 03:51 AM   #3
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might what to check out oUF it has loads of layouts and its verry light on your resources.

It has now setup at all, so if there is no layout that you like you need to change the lua file or get your self a other unitframe addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Redoing Entire UI