Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-16-08, 04:41 PM   #81
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Premium Member
Featured
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 979
You could just tweak that with :SetHeight(). You could post a bug report and I'll have a look at it later tho'.
haste is offline  
Unread 11-16-08, 05:04 PM   #82
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Caellian's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by haste View Post
You could just tweak that with :SetHeight(). You could post a bug report and I'll have a look at it later tho'.
Will do, and yeah clever SetHeight fixed it for now
__________________
if (sizeof(workload) > sizeof(brain_capacity)) { die('System Overload'); }
Caellian is offline  
Unread 11-18-08, 03:54 PM   #83
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Quokka's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 196
I'm having a mayor thig with Vericles and my pets.

If I jump on a vericle my hunter pet goes away, the thing is it shows my Verlcle as offline, so I can't see the stats on it.

is this a bug in my layout or what could it be?
Quokka is offline  
Unread 11-19-08, 04:03 PM   #84
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Alkar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 195
just wondering how i can hide the default party frames.. im using a veriation of P3lim and i just want to hide the default party frames all together..
Alkar is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 09:22 AM   #85
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
just wondering how i can hide the default party frames.. im using a veriation of P3lim and i just want to hide the default party frames all together..
You need a dummy party.

Code:
oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_Party'):SetAttribute('showParty', false)

Last edited by p3lim : 11-20-08 at 09:49 AM.
p3lim is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 12:53 PM   #86
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Alkar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
You need a dummy party.

Code:
oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_Party'):SetAttribute('showParty', false)
Where would i put that in the code in the oUF Lua or the P3lim Lua?

I know im retarted :P
Alkar is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 12:57 PM   #87
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
You should never put anything in the oUF lua
p3lim is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 01:47 PM   #88
Slakah
A Molten Giant
 
Slakah's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
You should never put anything in the oUF lua
iirc if you embed oUF properly then it doesn't really matter what changes you make to oUF.
Slakah is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 01:50 PM   #89
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
iirc if you embed oUF properly then it doesn't really matter what changes you make to oUF.
Not too many embeds oUF though, and guessing he asked where to put that line in the first place, I doubth he knows the point of embedding it at all.
p3lim is offline  
Unread 11-20-08, 02:53 PM   #90
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Alkar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 195
True true but i figuered it out hehe thank ya P3lim
Alkar is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 04:21 AM   #91
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Quokka's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
I'm having a mayor thig with Vericles and my pets.

If I jump on a vericle my hunter pet goes away, the thing is it shows my Verlcle as offline, so I can't see the stats on it.

is this a bug in my layout or what could it be?
Is there a way to have It updated if I jump on a Vericle?
Quokka is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 05:45 AM   #92
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Premium Member
Featured
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 979
You could call object:PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD() to force the frame to update. I have no idea if that will solve your issue however.
haste is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 08:40 AM   #93
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
Is there a way to have It updated if I jump on a Vericle?
There must be some event that fires when you enter a vehicle.
Register that and hook it to the rest any of the events that will cause a 'global' update (as haste mentioned, PEW is one of them)
p3lim is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 10:20 AM   #94
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Quokka's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
There must be some event that fires when you enter a vehicle.
Register that and hook it to the rest any of the events that will cause a 'global' update (as haste mentioned, PEW is one of them)
the only event that I can think off is UNIT_PET since that fires when a unit's pet changes, (and a vericles are shows as pets)

Code:
RegisterEvent('UNIT_PET')
So wen using UNIT_PET how would I get this to refresh the pet unitframe
Quokka is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 03:33 PM   #95
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
the only event that I can think off is UNIT_PET since that fires when a unit's pet changes, (and a vericles are shows as pets)

Code:
RegisterEvent('UNIT_PET')
So wen using UNIT_PET how would I get this to refresh the pet unitframe
somewhere, as an example, put this in your layout
Code:
oUF:RegisterEvent('UNIT_PET')
oUF.UNIT_PET = oUF.PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
Should work

edit:
Code:
oUF:RegisterSubTypeMapping('UNIT_PET')
Might do it, not sure though.
p3lim is offline  
Unread 11-21-08, 04:42 PM   #96
dafire
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 216
a good idea is always to check how the standard ui does things like that .. e.g. at http://wowcompares.com/
dafire is offline  
Unread 11-22-08, 08:12 AM   #97
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Quokka's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 196
Thanks Dafire & P3lim

adding one line to the thing you posted P3lim made it work

Code:
oUF:RegisterEvent('UNIT_ENTERED_VEHICLE')
oUF.UNIT_ENTERED_VEHICLE = oUF.PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
oUF:RegisterEvent('UNIT_PET')
oUF.UNIT_PET = oUF.PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD
Now it updates when you have a pet out and mount a vehicle and vice versa.

EDIT: the testing worked.. now it fails again

Last edited by Quokka : 11-22-08 at 12:14 PM.
Quokka is offline  
Unread 11-26-08, 04:26 AM   #98
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
zork's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,343
I always get a lua error (SecureHandler does not allow *blaba* in combat) when I am in combat and someone else gets invited to my party.

Is there any workaround for this? Thats the last point that does generate lua errors for my UI right now.
__________________
| Simple is beautiful.
| Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
zork is offline  
Unread 11-26-08, 10:50 AM   #99
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by zork View Post
I always get a lua error (SecureHandler does not allow *blaba* in combat) when I am in combat and someone else gets invited to my party.

Is there any workaround for this? Thats the last point that does generate lua errors for my UI right now.

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...bug&bugid=5048
p3lim is offline  
Unread 12-12-08, 08:56 PM   #100
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Alkar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 195
Started gettin this today any reason why??

[2008/12/12 19:53:41-216-x1]: oUF-1.2.1\elements\tags.lua:131: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
oUF-1.2.1\elements\tags.lua:131: in function `func'
oUF-1.2.1\ouf.lua:232: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:187>
oUF-1.2.1\ouf.lua:250: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:247>
oUF-1.2.1\ouf.lua:304: in function `Spawn'
oUF_Deith\test.lua:301: in main chunk
Alkar is offline  
Closed Thread

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF - General discussion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off