01-27-09, 12:47 PM   #1
Askren
A Defias Bandit
DPS calculator in tooltip?

'Ello all. I'm a pretty hardcore connoisseur of add-ons for the most part, but there's always been one thing that's annoyed me slightly; namely, I have never been able to find an add-on that acts like DruidTips for Warlocks. I discovered DruidTips when looking for add-ons for my druid, obviously, and loved it because it gave an easy breakdown of Bear Mitigation, Bear DPS, and Cat DPS on an item's tooltip, making comparing gear a breeze, especially while leveling.

So, it's been bugging me forever that I can never find something that does this for Warlocks. I have RatingBuster, and it's great to a point, but I'd rather have it in conjunction with something that sums up the overall DPS of an item rather than just give me the stat numbers.

Anyone know of something like this? I'm using Pawn right now, with a custom setup that was recommended to me for Warlocks, and it does sort of what I want, but not exactly.

Screenshot of DruidTips, to show what I mean: http://mediabeta.curse.com/Curse.Pro...6747/dtips.jpg
01-27-09, 12:53 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried RatingBuster?
01-27-09, 01:17 PM   #3
Askren
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Askren View Post
I have RatingBuster, and it's great to a point, but I'd rather have it in conjunction with something that sums up the overall DPS of an item rather than just give me the stat numbers.
=/ TL;DR, I guess.
01-27-09, 01:30 PM   #4
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pawn has an item comparator where you can specify two items and it will show you the differences between them.

Whilst I don't believe you can get it to display the differences between the two items purely on a single item tooltip, you can use something like TekKompare that will display an extra tooltip frame that displays your currently equipped item when you mouse over another item that can be equipped. Pawn values will display in both tooltips, allowing easy comparison.

Note also that you can have more than one Pawn scale displayed in the tooltip, so it can display both Mitigation and Damage scales for tanks and so on.

A good tool to work out scales based on your current items and talent spec is Rawr. Simply load your character from the Armory, make sure it's gotten all your items and talents correctly and then choose "Relative Stat Values" from the "Chart" drop down on top of the item list. Plug those values into Pawn and off you go. The bad news is that it doesn't currently work for Warlocks, but they are working on it so you might like to keep an eye on it (and/or use it for your alts).
01-27-09, 04:46 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Askren View Post
=/ TL;DR, I guess.
Oh yeah. I saw
I'm using Pawn
and completely missed the previous sentence .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DPS calculator in tooltip?