Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-09, 06:56 PM   #1
Zyspy
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
My UI look nothing like other peoples?



As you can tell, it looks nothing like all of the other peoples screen shots.
Zyspy is offline  
Unread 04-23-09, 07:00 PM   #2
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Dramber's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22313

*PLEASE* if you find your copy of nUI is not working like it is supposed to, first make sure you have the right version installed. When you log in to WoW, nUI will print the welcome message. If that message does not say "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.00 is loaded" or "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.05 is loaded" then you DO NOT have the right version installed and that's the problem.

If you do not have that version of nUI installed, then you need to go to http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat137.html and download the current "nUI+ (Development)" version that is listed there. As of tonight, that is version 5.02.05

If you go to that link and you get a message that says you do not have permission to view that page, then you need to complete steps 1 through 5 in the instructions that were included in the original "Welcome to the nUI Newsletter" e-mail you received after you confirmed your subscription.

If you haven't yet subscribed to the free nUI Newsletter, then go to http://www.nUIaddon.com/plus.html and submit your request to join the mailing list. After you complete the confirmation of your subscription, you will be e-mailed instructions on how to access the nUI+ download area here on WoWInterface.
__________________
"Polymorph skills... portal skills... mage table skills... Girls only want mages who have great skills!"

-Napoleon Dynamage

Last edited by Dramber : 04-23-09 at 08:16 PM.
Dramber is offline  
Unread 04-23-09, 07:11 PM   #3
Zyspy
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Dramber View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22313

*PLEASE* if you find your copy of nUI is not working like it is supposed to, first make sure you have the right version installed. When you log in to WoW, nUI will print the welcome message. If that message does not say "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.00 is loaded" or "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.05 is loaded" then you DO NOT have the right version installed and that's the problem.

If you do not have that version of nUI installed, then you need to go to http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat137.html and download the current "nUI+ (Development)" version that is listed there. As of tonight, that is version 5.02.05

If you go to that link and you get a message that says you do not have permission to view that page, then you need to complete steps 1 through 5 in the instructions that were included in the original "Welcome to the nUI Newsletter" e-mail you received after you confirmed your subscription.

If you haven't yet subscribed to the free nUI Newsletter, then go to http://www.nUIaddon.com/plus.html and submit your request to join the mailing list. After you complete the confirmation of your subscription, you will be e-mailed instructions on how to access the nUI+ download area here on WoWInterface.
That's most likely the problem.
I am running v 5.01.13 (At least I think)
But when I try to go to the first URL link it says "You are not authorized to view this category. "
EDIT: When I got that message, I went to the index, then went to the same thread you linked me to and it said 5.01.13 is the latest version.

Last edited by Zyspy : 04-23-09 at 07:13 PM.
Zyspy is offline  
Unread 04-23-09, 07:46 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author
 
spiel2001's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,724
Originally Posted by Zyspy View Post
That's most likely the problem.
I am running v 5.01.13 (At least I think)
But when I try to go to the first URL link it says "You are not authorized to view this category. "
EDIT: When I got that message, I went to the index, then went to the same thread you linked me to and it said 5.01.13 is the latest version.
/sigh

Why don't people read? I don't mean to pick on anyone in particular... but... yeah... third paragraph of the message you were replying to and the paragraph immediately after the one with the link in it that you clicked...

If you go to that link and you get a message that says you do not have permission to view that page, then you need to complete steps 1 through 5 in the instructions that were included in the original "Welcome to the nUI Newsletter" e-mail you received after you confirmed your subscription.
In the interest of helping me understand how to write these instructions in a way that people will read, can you tell me how I might rearrange that set of instructions so you would have seen that?
__________________

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.



Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
spiel2001 is offline  
Unread 04-23-09, 08:16 PM   #5
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Dramber's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
I knew I should have put that part in red...

Fixed!
__________________
"Polymorph skills... portal skills... mage table skills... Girls only want mages who have great skills!"

-Napoleon Dynamage
Dramber is offline  
Unread 04-24-09, 01:49 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI User and Supporter
 
Xrystal's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,047
Hmm, just noticed looking back at other messages that you've been using light colors to highlight things. The forum style I am using (red and yellow) doesn't allow those to stand out so I am wondering if that is maybe why people are not seeing the items standing out.

Edit: Ah just checked announcements and its not colored at all .. maybe you need to bold out the important phrases then

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
/sigh

Why don't people read? I don't mean to pick on anyone in particular... but... yeah... third paragraph of the message you were replying to and the paragraph immediately after the one with the link in it that you clicked...



In the interest of helping me understand how to write these instructions in a way that people will read, can you tell me how I might rearrange that set of instructions so you would have seen that?
Xrystal is online now  
Unread 04-24-09, 07:20 AM   #7
Zyspy
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Yea sorry, but since it didn't work. I was looking all over the forums before actually posting. But since I've read like 2 hours worth of text, I glanced over it, and just came to the conclusion that I've read whatever you put in the post, and that I didn't need to read it again.
Short version: I'm lazy.

But I've got it working, it's very nice.
Also, to the question, I guess it would help if it was in Red/A noticeable color.

But, whatever, thank you for your patience, I've got it working now.
Again, thank you.
Zyspy is offline  
Unread 04-24-09, 12:52 PM   #8
bigdaddysky
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
So what did you do to fix it.... Im having the same issues i have the Plus version installed.
bigdaddysky is offline  
Unread 04-24-09, 12:54 PM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author
 
spiel2001's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,724
Originally Posted by bigdaddysky View Post
So what did you do to fix it.... Im having the same issues i have the Plus version installed.
It says "nUI+ Development" and not "nUI+ Release" -- correct?

If so then this part of that same post is the one you are interested in...

If nUI is printing the message that "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.0X is loaded" and you are still having problems with the load failing and leaving your unit frames and info panel empty, then you need to log out to the character selection screen and disable all of your mods except nUI and log back in... I am certain at this point nUI will load correctly. Now, log back out and start enabling your other mods one at a time and after each one, log back in and make sure nUI still loads. Keep repeating that process until you find the mod that is breaking your UI... you will either need to update that mod or leave it disabled.
__________________

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.



Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
spiel2001 is offline  
Unread 04-24-09, 03:07 PM   #10
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
wreck's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 114
Ran into this with my Wife when we moved her to a new Laptop. We installed the latest version of all of her addons (over 50). Newest version of nUI+ etc. When she logged in her screen looked exactly like the OP.

What we did to fix it was log her out and disabled nUI only. She logged back in and we saw the regular Blizz UI. Logged back out and enabled nUI. Re-entered the game and everything was working.

So at least in this case by simply disabling and re-enabling nUI we got her back up and running. Faster and easier than disabling all of the other mods. At least in our case that's worked in a couple of cases. YMMV

Of course, this won't help people who are on an old version of nUI.

Last edited by wreck : 04-24-09 at 03:09 PM.
wreck is offline  
 

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » My UI look nothing like other peoples?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off