04-30-09, 11:33 AM   #1
Mephestius
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite 3.1.1

I downlaoded Carbonite like always and put it in addons but for some reason it is not showing up for me to check it in addons at char screen. Need some help to fiugre out why.

M
04-30-09, 11:38 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Need a bit more info to start. What Operating System are you on? What is the path you installed it to?

Double check what you have done against this FAQ: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
04-30-09, 12:04 PM   #3
Mephestius
A Defias Bandit
I am on vista and crogams/wow/interface/addons I put the folder that i unzipped carbonite in the addon folder.

Just so you know all my other addons are working fine just the new 3.1.1 carbonite is not showing up.

Last edited by Mephestius : 04-30-09 at 12:08 PM.
04-30-09, 12:11 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It may be due to changes in the way Vista handles it's permissions.

From the FAQ:

The most common error is that the unzipper program embedded them into an extra folder layer. If you have any questions about whether your addons are embedded one folder too deep, post a path for the .toc file of each addon

Windows XP:
C: \Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MODFolder\ModName.toc

Windows Vista:
C: \users\public\games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MODFolder \ ModName.toc

INCORRECT EXAMPLE (the addons will not load properly.):
Windows XP/Vista:
..\World of Warcraft \Interface\AddOns\MODFolder1.23.456\MODFolder\ModName.toc

If you use the Favorites feature of WoWinterface, then this may help you also: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...r-Windows.html
04-30-09, 01:02 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Read through this sticky thread - it has the path to your WoW directory in Vista, if you told the program to move it when upgrading to patch 3.0.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-03-09, 02:24 AM   #6
Mephestius
A Defias Bandit
Hey

I really do appreciate the tips but wow is in the prgram directory and interface is interface and there is an addon folder and all my other addons are in the folder and work properly. the only issue is when you updated carbonite to 3.1.1 that it stopped working. I delete the old one before downloading the new and p-ut it in the same folder that the old one was in.

I know that addon is a folder cause when i start wow and look at addons at char selection all are there and accessable except carbonite 3.1.1... the old one carbonite 2.(what ever is there) but when i tried to update it using wowmatrix i got the message that matrix can no longer update carbonite due to it being blocked for update by carbonite makers( not the exact wording but close).

I donlt know what they changed in the update but i am totally FUBAR and i really don;t want to use questhelper.

So what i need is real tech help.. not look at sticky this or sticky that, I am familar with computers and i know everything is right( as per how i did it in the past) and i have not moved any folders or anything. I even when back and did a sys restore to before i downloaded carbonite.

Just to clear things up further i fillowed the sticky notes you guys suggested and they do not match what i have on my computer so basically it was worthless to me.

please look back up at previous post that is the path to wow addons that is on my computer(exactly as it is). I have mage anouncer, druid bar questhelper, cartography etc and all work. I just hate quest helper.

thanks guys .
05-03-09, 06:45 AM   #7
Nitogs
Silent

Premium Member
Open the folder its inside of and see if you unzipped the folder into it if its inside a subfolder like it sounds then it wont work like C:/Programfiles/WoW/Interface/Addon/Carbonite/Carbonite Which is what it sounds like you did to me.
05-03-09, 08:33 AM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm betting on the same thing as Nitogs. Several people have had an issue installing Carbonite lately. For whatever reason they end up having the Carb folders one directory too deep in the addons folder.

It should look like this when extracted:

Interface/addons/Carbonite
Interface/addons/CarboniteNodes
Interface/addons/CarboniteTransger

If that doesnt work, making sure they look like that, then you should try the old/current WoWI updater for now until the new one comes out.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...r-Windows.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Carbonite 3.1.1