01-06-06, 10:12 AM   #1
Crusty
A Murloc Raider
Floater Problem

Can anyone tell me how to edit a floater so it will only show after I parry to indicate I can use "Riposte"?

Another question is I made one too many floater buttons and I wish to delete them to add to the bar of my choice, I see a "Delete" text on the right side of the "Floaters" label but theres no minus sign only a Plus "+" and a drop down menu thanks in advance and more power to Loz
01-06-06, 10:35 AM   #2
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

to delete it, just select it in the drop-down and it's gone.

for the parry->riposte issue, I don't have the exact script on-hand, but previously I did something similar with dodge->overpower. in the events section, you can select 'unit misses' (or something similar to that) and do a string.gfind for parry (or dodge) and teh use the script command that's something like DAB_ShowFloater(#)

sorry for the lack of any exact syntax. I've got it on my home computer, and it was very similar to something on loz's site, but maybe that can get you started until someone else comes along.
01-06-06, 11:02 AM   #3
Crusty
A Murloc Raider
Ok thank you that solved my problem 1

still cannot figure out how to make the Riposte Floater to reapper I have it on "Hide" on the Floater Config option I had it working before I read in one of the Threads in Loz's website and used "DAB_Floater_ShowWhenUsable(120);" script on the OnUpdate but now when I use it it gives me errors Ill post the exact guide which I copied from the original thread and saved in my guild website unfortunately its now an obsolete guide due to 3.0

Heres the Floater Guide:

-Make the Button Appear Only When Useable:

Now the extremely cool part, and your first taste in macros. We're gonna take some floaters and make them only appear in the heat of battle, right when you need them. Here are the relevant skills by class (to be updated later):

WARRIORS: Execute, Revenge, Overpower
HUNTERS: Mongoose Bite, Counterattack

-1 Create a Floater for each of these skills, and place them where they will pop out at you in battle. Lozareth puts em right on top of his character, I like em just below, you put them where you want them. Size them the way you want.

-2 In the DAB menu, select "On Event Macros". Macros are little snippets of code that allow you to customize things exactly the way you want. Don't be intimidated by them! I'll explain them more in Part 3, but for now just follow my instructions.

-3 In the "Choose Event" drop-down, select "OnUpdate". This part tell DAB when to execute our macro. Look through it really quick, just to get an idea of what DAB can do.

-4 In the big window below, type in the following, exactly as I have it:

DAB_Floater_ShowWhenUsable(120);

The number in parenthesis corresponds to the number of the Floater you want to use.

-5 Add a copy of the same line above for each Floater you have created. For example, if you have 3 floaters, your window should now look like:

DAB_Floater_ShowWhenUsable(120);
DAB_Floater_ShowWhenUsable(119);
DAB_Floater_ShowWhenUsable(118);

I hope someone can explain to me how to make my Riposte button work thanks

Last edited by Crusty : 01-06-06 at 11:05 AM.
01-06-06, 11:32 AM   #4
Rags
A Cyclonian

that's what I'll be tackling tonight when I get home, but what you're describing sounds like the old way of coding for DAB.

Not quite the same now (it's mondo better)

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
01-06-06, 11:57 AM   #5
Crusty
A Murloc Raider
Thanks if you will, please post here on how to set this up when you figure it out I appreciate the help, its now 4 am here and my UI is almost complete gonna get some well deserved sleep this mod gives me anxiety lol
01-06-06, 12:04 PM   #6
Arin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Set up your floater, Drop in the Riposte button, go to DAB select the floater at the bottom of the scroll, hit Advanced Config(?) where it says Active Conditions. From the dropdown, select Target Just Parried, Make sure it is You, and then on the second dropdown, select Show. May aso want to select Hide on click so it goes away after you hit it.
01-06-06, 01:15 PM   #7
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Arin
Set up your floater, Drop in the Riposte button, go to DAB select the floater at the bottom of the scroll, hit Advanced Config(?) where it says Active Conditions. From the dropdown, select Target Just Parried, Make sure it is You, and then on the second dropdown, select Show. May aso want to select Hide on click so it goes away after you hit it.

wow. I hadn't tackled floaters yet, but it sounds like they got very easy.
01-06-06, 01:33 PM   #8
Arin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Apate
wow. I hadn't tackled floaters yet, but it sounds like they got very easy.
Incredably easy. No long strings to copy/paste...it may be awhile until i actully "play" wow...
01-06-06, 02:10 PM   #9
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hehe, don't have to use scripts anymore. Just go to the Control tab for the floater:

Condition: Action Usable - choose Riposte; Response: Show
Condition: Action Unusable - choose Riposte; Response: Hide
01-06-06, 07:08 PM   #10
Crusty
A Murloc Raider
Gee Thanks alot! that helped my problems Props to Rags Loz Arin and Apate!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Floater Problem