07-26-09, 04:55 PM   #1
PuffyKitty
A Defias Bandit
password request for crbB1

I am prompted to supply a password for crbB1 each time I log onto a character. If my research was any good, then crbB1 is a chat channel that carbonite uses. can someone tell me now to turn off the password request?
thanks,
Puffy
07-26-09, 05:04 PM   #2
lingering
A Cliff Giant

it sounds like someone has set a password on that channel when they gained admin control, try speaking to other users on ur server, but having said that i don't know anything about carbonite;
07-26-09, 05:07 PM   #3
PuffyKitty
A Defias Bandit
chat is working fine. it's just when i log in to different characters, i am prompted for PW. i can cancel out, EVERY time and i see no difference. but it is annoying. i have been thru the chat commands and dont see a way to remove the request for PW. i have removed carbonite and i am no longer prompted. then i replace carbonite and the request for PW is back. quite annoying
07-26-09, 05:19 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Lingering is correct. Carbonite does not password protect any of the channels that the addon creates. If you are being prompted for a password, it's because a user set one for that chat channel.

I would suggest to open up the Blizz social tab ( hit "O" by default) and browse through the users listed on that channel. It should say who the admin is. Send them a pst and ask them to remove the password. That's all you can really do about it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » password request for crbB1