07-31-09, 08:56 AM   #1
Subere
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Collapsable Buffs

So I'm still pretty new to Lua and oUF, but I've been poking around trying to piece together my own layout and I've run into a snag.

I'm trying to dynamically set the height of the buff frame based on how many buffs the unit has.

I have it set up so there is room for 2 rows of buffs on top of the frame, then room for 2 rows of debuffs on top of the buff frame.

So, for example, if unit only has so many buffs that it only needs one row I want to set the buff frame to that height so there isn't an empty row between the buffs and debuffs.

I looked around in elements/aura.lua and found 'visibleBuffs: Number of currently visible buff icons.' in the comments but couldn't find where this variable was set and if it's even the value I think it is.

I searched around on the forums and poked through some other layouts and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been answered before.

Thanks for any help.
07-31-09, 11:06 AM   #2
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Subere View Post
I looked around in elements/aura.lua and found 'visibleBuffs: Number of currently visible buff icons.' in the comments but couldn't find where this variable was set and if it's even the value I think it is.
It's exactly what it says it is, and it's defined in elements\auras.lua, Update function @ L220
08-02-09, 08:52 AM   #3
Subere
A Cyclonian
This isn't really related to the original post but, it is similar. It didn't seem to make sense to make a new thread for it, so I'm just going to post it here.

I've pretty much finished my layout but I've run into a problem with my layout causing a massive FPS drop. It only happens after a little while and seems to be associated to targeting someone with a few or a lot of buffs or debuffs. If I do my FPS drops immensely but as soon as I detarget things go back to normal.

The FPS problems are definitely related to my layout and not anything else. I've tried other layouts, running completely default, and turning on my normal UI that runs several heavy mods. This problem only occurs with oUF (w/ the smooth update and swing plug-ins) and my layout on. So I'm pretty sure it's something I've done in my layout.

If someone who is more experienced with Lua and oUF wouldn't mind taking a quick look at it to see if I've done something dumb I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://pastey.net/119876/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Collapsable Buffs