02-09-06, 01:26 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WatchDog

WatchDog 1.20 Released

Next version is up and available. This one adds a few goodies =) You can download it at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=3953. Please make sure to DELETE your previous versions of WatchDog and WatchDogOptions to make sure the install goes cleanly.

CHANGELOG:

WatchDog 1.20
=============
  • Added StickyFrames to WatchDog. Now when you move frames around, they'll stick
    to the edges of the other frames. This will make them much easier to set up and drag around.
  • There have been a number of changes to the dragging system.
  • Drag buttons have been removed (*cheer*).
  • When WatchDog is unlocked (using /wd lock, /wd unlock) tooltips will display:
    - Left-Drag to move all frames
    - Alt-Left-Drag to move this frame
  • You can now use the /wd showall and /wd hideall commands to display ALL frames so
    you can move then around. It sets them to a fixed width so the use is somewhat
    limited-- but it helps when setting up your UI.
  • Every frame will stick to every other frame using StickyFrames. You should be able
    to line up your frames without any issues now and have them stack properly.
  • Buffs and Debuffs now show the number of applications of a buff. This has been tested
    as much as possible, and seems to work quite well-- let me know if you run into any issues
    with it.
  • Buff and debuff scanning now uses a seperate WatchDogTooltip, like it should have all along.
    There's a ton of things that I have fixed in 2.0 that I want to move over-- cause they're
    just plain the right way to go =)
  • Added /watchdog, /wdog as aliases for /wd, due to conflicts with Wardrobe and AceWardrobe
  • Full list of /wdog commands are:
  • /wdog lock - Locks WatchDog
  • /wdog unlock - Unlocks Watchdog
  • /wdog showall - Shows ALL WatchDog frames. This is a setup mode for moving the bars around
  • /wdog hideall - Hides all watchdog frames and returns to normal operation.
  • /wdog restoredefaults - Resets ALL settings and completely blanks your settings. Be careful
  • /wdog cc - Opens the click-casting dialog
  • /wdog resetframes - Resets frames to their default locations, in case you mess them up.
  • Frame positions are now being saved in SavedVariables and not in the layout-cache.txt file.
    This should prevent issues with frame positions being lost between patches and when disabling
    WatchDog. PLEASE let me know if you have any issues with it.
  • Added support for XRaid Clickcasting
  • Added AceHooks to WatchDog. I'm not using this to handle the blizzard raid UI hooking,
    as well as the XRaid hooking
  • Added [lowhpcolor] - Returns RED if the unit is below 20% health
  • Added [lowmpcolor] - Returns BLUE if the unit is below 20% mana
  • Changed [aggro] to the following behavior - Returns the color over the overhead "aggro" text
    of a player. If the mob is tapped by someone else, it will return grey. Thanks Tekkub

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Watchdog is a highly customizable set of UnitFrames first and foremost. When logging in for the first time, you'll see a single UnitFrame towards the center of your screen. It will display some information about your character, and windows will pop up as party members, pets and targets show up.

You can open the configuration menu by typing /wdog, /wd or /watchdog, depending on what other addons are installed in your system (/wd conflicts with Wardrobe type addons). There are a number of options available on this screen, and I won't explain them all since they'll be changing quite soon.

You can open the click-casting configuration screen by clicking "Click-casting" on the options screen, or by typing /wdog cc.

Click-casting allows you to set up different profiles for the way WatchDog responds to your clicks, as well as integrating these clicks into the Blizzard raid UI and CTRaidAssist. For example for a priest, you could set it so:

Shift-LeftClick: Flash Heal
Alt-LeftClick: Greater Heal
Control-LeftClick: Renew
Alt-RightClick: Dispel Magic
Control-RightClick: Power Word:Shield
Shift-RightClick: Power Word:Fortitude

This makes targeting and casting spells much easier and can make playing the game a little more than mashing the keyboard =). This mod can also be used for non-heals, as you can customize the hostile clicks seperately from friendly clicks. The click casting interface allows you to drag and drop from your spellbook so editing is quite easy.

The format strings (Target Format 1, Player Format 2, etc.) are what defines what is seen on each frame-- and can be customized per type of frame. Format strings are entered using a system of [tags]. A full listing of the tags is available in the readme.txt file:
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 03-21-06 at 10:22 PM.
02-20-06, 09:55 PM   #2
Dantor
A Kobold Labourer
Clueless with ClickCasting

Help, have no idea how to set up ClickCasting. I have WatchDog loaded and running well, I just have no concept of what to put in the fields or how to map interface keys. I did see that you can drag and drop spells, but after that I can't figure it out.

thanks
Dantor
02-21-06, 07:48 AM   #3
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
There are no keybindings for WatchDog all you do to configure the ClickCasting is by opening up the config menu for them by typing /wd cc at the command prompt. This will give you the click-casting window.

All you do is type in the name of the spell (or drag and drop from your spellbook) to the button/key combination you'd like. For example my click-castings are set up as:

LeftButton: TargetUnit
Alt-LeftButton: Greater Heal
Shift-LeftButton: Flash Heal
Control-LeftButton: Renew

RightButton: WD_Menu
Shift-RightButton: Power Word:Fortitude
Control-RightButton: Power Word:Shield

The UI isn't very good at the moment, but I'm working my butt off on the new config UI.. and its looking quite good. I'll toss up some screenshots as soon as I Have something substantial.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
02-21-06, 03:09 PM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I tossed up a picture of the basic layout of the click-casting configuration (simple mode). The config UI has been taking me a LOT of time.. but its building up a framework that makes tutorials, tooltips, etc. easier on me in the long run. I should be finishing up the click-cast UI within the next few days.. and then onto the more static options for the bars.

03-06-06, 01:59 AM   #5
Kruizin
A Kobold Labourer
Help please!

I installed Watchdog and when I log into the game I get a nice little bar that has my health and mana listed.

The problem is, when I join a group, I can't get anyone elses health and mana bar to show up on my screen. What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks!
03-06-06, 02:13 AM   #6
zazza
A Kobold Labourer
Question

Just a quick question about this Excellent mod .

Is there anyway to have all the frames visible while you have the config menu open so you can drag them where you want them.

Also where does it store the frame location variables at i can't seem to find them

Last edited by zazza : 03-06-06 at 09:20 AM.
03-06-06, 10:48 AM   #7
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kruizin
I installed Watchdog and when I log into the game I get a nice little bar that has my health and mana listed.

The problem is, when I join a group, I can't get anyone elses health and mana bar to show up on my screen. What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Open up the WatchDog configuration menu by typing /wd

Ensure that you have "Show Party" selected.. that's what tells the mod to show the party frames as well. If that's selected, I'd suggest typing /wd resetframes.

This will reset all frames to the default locations (player frame will be shown, target will be above that, with the party below the player).

Let me know.

Originally Posted by zazza
Just a quick question about this Excellent mod .

Is there anyway to have all the frames visible while you have the config menu open so you can drag them where you want them.

Also where does it store the frame location variables at i can't seem to find them
I plan to have an option to show all frames for dragging purposes next minor release. Currently the locations of the frames are not saved in any variables, they're just saved in the layout-cache.txt file that places the chatframes and other user placed frames. This will be changing, but may wait for 2.0.

Last edited by Cladhaire : 03-06-06 at 10:50 AM.
03-16-06, 02:40 PM   #8
zex210
A Murloc Raider
all i can say is i love this ui. Works wonders for my priest. Can't wait to the the schmancy fancy upgrade your puttin on it. I especially love how u can reformat the party meters to whatever fits you best. I had an idea that you could prolly implement into it, but it totally slipped my mind after working all day. However, I'll get back to you on that.
03-16-06, 09:38 PM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Here's whats coming for WatchDog (not 2.0-- this is the 1.0 branch). Should be ready to ship by tomorrow.

CHANGELOG:

WatchDog 1.20
=============
* Added StickyFrames to WatchDog. Now when you move frames around, they'll stick
to the edges of the other frames. This will make them much easier to set up and drag around.
* There have been a number of changes to the dragging system.
* Drag buttons have been removed (*cheer*).
* When WatchDog is unlocked (using /wd lock, /wd unlock) tooltips will display:
- Left-Drag to move all frames
- Alt-Left-Drag to move this frame
* You can now use the /wd showall and /wd hideall commands to display ALL frames so
you can move then around. It sets them to a fixed width so the use is somewhat
limited-- but it helps when setting up your UI.
* Every frame will stick to every other frame using StickyFrames. You should be able
to line up your frames without any issues now and have them stack properly.
* Buffs and Debuffs now show the number of applications of a buff. This has been tested
as much as possible, and seems to work quite well-- let me know if you run into any issues
with it.
* Buff and debuff scanning now uses a seperate WatchDogTooltip, like it should have all along.
There's a ton of things that I have fixed in 2.0 that I want to move over-- cause they're
just plain the right way to go =)
* Added /watchdog, /wdog as aliases for /wd, due to conflicts with Wardrobe and AceWardrobe
* Full list of /wdog commands are:
* /wdog lock - Locks WatchDog
* /wdog unlock - Unlocks Watchdog
* /wdog showall - Shows ALL WatchDog frames. This is a setup mode for moving the bars around
* /wdog hideall - Hides all watchdog frames and returns to normal operation.
* /wdog restoredefaults - Resets ALL settings and completely blanks your settings. Be careful
* /wdog cc - Opens the click-casting dialog
* /wdog resetframes - Resets frames to their default locations, in case you mess them up.
* Frame positions are now being saved in SavedVariables and not in the layout-cache.txt file.
This should prevent issues with frame positions being lost between patches and when disabling
WatchDog. PLEASE let me know if you have any issues with it.
03-18-06, 04:49 PM   #10
zex210
A Murloc Raider
so has it been put onto the site yet? I'm guessing it hasn't considering its still saying 1.19.3.
03-18-06, 06:54 PM   #11
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, I want to get some more testing in to make sure we won't run into a ton of issues.
03-19-06, 07:44 AM   #12
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

* You can now use the /wd showall and /wd hideall commands to display ALL frames so you can move then around. It sets them to a fixed width so the use is somewhat limited-- but it helps when setting up your UI.
Ooo. I could really use that right now! I'm currently redoing my UI's layout and this would be helpful so I don't have to do it once I'm in a group ("need a heal!" "oh sorry...was fixing my partyframes.").
03-19-06, 09:44 AM   #13
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Whats your email, I'll send this to you and you can be my guinea pig. I'll post it up if you don't run into any issues =)
03-21-06, 10:18 PM   #14
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've released WatchDog 1.20 and edited the first post to reflect the changes.
03-22-06, 08:16 AM   #15
Fritty
A Cyclonian
WatchDog 1.20 Released
Please make sure to DELETE your previous versions of WatchDog and WatchDogOptions to make sure the install goes cleanly.

hooboy, does this mean I'll lose all of my customization? (click cast and tag settings?)
03-22-06, 09:01 AM   #16
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Absolutely not. There are just some file changes that I want to ensure go in. Configs are saved seperately.

If you're concerned, back up your WTF and INterface directory prior to the upgrade, that way you can replace them if anything goes wrong.

Cheers!
03-22-06, 10:34 AM   #17
Fritty
A Cyclonian
Woohoo! Thanks
03-23-06, 06:47 PM   #18
msde
A Defias Bandit
WatchDog 1.20 Released
Do you happen to have a change log for 1.20-1.20.1?

Thanks again for a great AddOn.
03-23-06, 06:53 PM   #19
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by msde
Do you happen to have a change log for 1.20-1.20.1?

Thanks again for a great AddOn.
Changed the default scale from 0.8 to 1.0. Shouldn't affect any old users.
03-24-06, 08:47 AM   #20
KCoram
A Defias Bandit
Issue with pet frame

I downloaded and tried out 1.20.1 last night. One of my party members was a warlock with his pet out. When one of the other party members, earlier in the player list, left the party and the warlock was bumped up, the pet frame was duplicated: one copy was left in the old pet slot, and another was shown next to the player in the new (correct) pet slot.

Toggling Show Party Pets off and back on did not clear up the problem. The extra pet frame did not go away until the warlock jumped on a bat and flew off (which makes the pet auto-dismiss).

-KC

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog