01-26-10, 12:08 AM   #1
lazerkatz
A Murloc Raider
UI wont show

Well ive done everything i could, i cant find antoher WOW folder or anything. at first i started followed the directions, renamed the WTF folders and all that jazz. but no matter what, my old UI would always show up. as i said i couldnt find another wow or anything that id have to delete. i do use curse client which i reinstalled (it had all my addons on it) and i uninstalled each and every one. then i installed the UI again replacing the folders, and renaming. i log on and its just the default UI theres no addons tab or anything so i can click load out of date addons or anything, theres just nothing there... what am i missing? is there some weird spot another wow could be? HELP ME i WANT LUI REALLY BAD!
01-26-10, 12:43 AM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

I love jazz, we should focus on that.
01-26-10, 02:00 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
1) make sure to disable "sync addons" in the curse client, otherwise youll magically see all your old addons appearing again.

2) make sure that when installing a new UI you have the correct folder structure ^^

so:

WTF > account > etc.
Interface > Addons > (a list with all addons)

the WTF and Interface folder go in the same directory as your launcher.exe and wow.exe are.

3) if you want to know wich wow folder curse is maintaining for you, look into the options/add game part to see which game is located where. What ive seen in curse, and i gotta love it ^^, is that when i copy my main wow folder to another spot, its auto-magically detected by curse again, showing me 2 different World Of Warcrafts in the list of games ^^.

if no addon button pops up in the character selection screen, double check if the addons are in the correct directory.

if an addon button pops up in the character select screen but you see no addons when you log in, make sure to enable "load out of date addons"

hope this helps

Last edited by contramundi : 01-26-10 at 02:03 AM.
01-26-10, 02:25 AM   #4
lazerkatz
A Murloc Raider
what if i dotn have the curse client anymore, i delete it becuase it thought it was causing prolems and started all over adding the folders in again
01-26-10, 02:37 AM   #5
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by lazerkatz View Post
what if i dotn have the curse client anymore, i delete it becuase it thought it was causing prolems and started all over adding the folders in again
then ofc most of my reply wouldnt work :P

just do a search for wow.exe or one of the other files thats always inside the wow folder, and if the search only gives 1 result, you have only 1 client folder on your computer. If it gives more than 1, make sure you load the client in wich you are trying to get the UI to show up.

Might be you have 2 client folders, and one in wich your having the addons installed for the new UI, while you are loading the other one.

Happened to me a few times too ^^, have a shortcut in my taskbar to launch wow (with a good and perfect working UI), but sometimes im trying out new UI's and when im doing that i make a new folder for it ^^. When loading with the icon in the taskbar, i load the wrong client
01-26-10, 02:57 AM   #6
lazerkatz
A Murloc Raider
lol so i did everything you said and i think it worked but i cant tell! i cant log on anymore, i opened my wow and all the video settings were on default, i had to accept the terms of use and stuff, then i try to log on and it says i ahve to go to battle.net and authenticate it ( again ) so i go to and i cant because my account is already merged...but at the same time it says it isnt when i lgo in lol
01-26-10, 06:11 AM   #7
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

do you try to login with your emailadress asociated with the battle.net account? or are you trying to login with your old username?

if all settings are back to default, what i normally do to avoid any hassle getting things back right, i throw back in my backup of the config.wtf file ^^ all settings and such are the way i want withouth having to set all up again.
01-26-10, 07:46 AM   #8
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by lazerkatz View Post
lol so i did everything you said and i think it worked but i cant tell! i cant log on anymore, i opened my wow and all the video settings were on default, i had to accept the terms of use and stuff, then i try to log on and it says i ahve to go to battle.net and authenticate it ( again ) so i go to and i cant because my account is already merged...but at the same time it says it isnt when i lgo in lol
If this helps you with the account looggin issue i donīt know.
Make a E-mail adress ex. Hotmail,com then make account on battle.net
and fill alll the stuff they want to know.( Remember thay are Harda--es when it commes to fake or real/half info on stuff, Maby next time you got to tell them your shoe size to.

For example if your name are Rickard you canīt just type Rick as a name.) Then just answer the mail by just klick on the link they send you. And if you donīt get a E-mail from them it might end up in junk mail or E-mail site blocks it, then you have to go to settings on your E-mail ( Hotmail.com) account.

And after that just type your Hotmail adress in the accountname on the wow loggin site and the password you gave battle.net.
And if you want to change the E-mail adress for your Battle.net back to the one you want it on, well that can in some cases take a lot of time so just make a temporary E-mail first.

Hope thats helps!
RUN when you see me becuse
iīam going to be soooo loaded!!!
If you donīt knock on the doors,
donīt expect a good welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2KR4VQwu4
Now the real killing begins!!

Warsong

Last edited by Riddrick : 01-26-10 at 07:55 AM.
01-26-10, 11:19 AM   #9
lazerkatz
A Murloc Raider
well the thing is ive been linked with battle.net for months now, but all of the sudden tis tell me im not.

and when i try to go from the link when the error pops up, i cant create it again because my account is already with battle.net
so an error pops up there saying this account is already with battle.net or w/e
so i go to log in again, and no i guess it still isn = /
01-26-10, 01:10 PM   #10
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

at this point, your account is your biggest issue, not your ad-dons, unfortunately.

the only recourse is to contact Blizzard support via web chat/email/phone, as anyone here is not qualified to fix your situation.

www.worldofwarcraft.com has all the info to contact them.

sorry for your troubles, and good luck!

im sure ppl will still help you with addons when your WoW is working again.
01-26-10, 04:33 PM   #11
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

So you been playing while the new rule about the
needed battle.net for w.o.w.
to explain this a bit further, have you been
playing w.o.w in the last 2 month.

If not, the battle.net is not completed
It says it alredy in use
(but it still not totally completed, so you can make a new one )
just make a new E-mail, The Hotmail accept
Battle.net mails. Then make a new account on
Battle.net.

And then later take up the
chit chat with battle.net about changing
it back to the one you want it on.
RUN when you see me becuse
iīam going to be soooo loaded!!!
If you donīt knock on the doors,
donīt expect a good welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2KR4VQwu4
Now the real killing begins!!

Warsong

Last edited by Riddrick : 01-26-10 at 04:56 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI wont show