10-13-10, 02:40 PM   #61
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I used to set my frame sizes in a separate config file and inject them in the layout file with something like this:

Code:
self:SetAttribute('initial-height', cfg.heightR + cfg.NumbFS + cfg.PPyOffset + cfg.InfoOffset)
self:SetAttribute('initial-width', cfg.widthR)
While this is still possible with SetSize for single frames, it's not for header frames, due to the setSize/Width being a string?! Locals don't work, but can I somehow workaround it, to still be able to set frame sizes (for headers) via config?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-13-10, 02:47 PM   #62
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Third example first post
10-13-10, 03:52 PM   #63
Zilver
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by haste View Post
You need to use the SecureAuraHeader to create player auras. I haven't had time to look much into it yet. It's on my TODO heap somewhere however.
Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, I'll take a look at the path and report back what I find
10-13-10, 03:59 PM   #64
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Third example first post
Meh, I'm blind. Thanks, works fine.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-13-10, 05:19 PM   #65
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Is there something in place to hide blizzards raid frames when there are raid frames spawned by the layout?

This is how I spawn my raid
Code:
	self:SetActiveStyle"Nivea - Raid"
	local raid = self:SpawnHeader('oUF_Raid', nil, 'raid10',			
	'showRaid', true, 
	'showPlayer', true,

I'm currently doing this to hide blizzards raid frames
Code:
	CompactRaidFrameContainer:Hide() -- hide blizz raid

10-13-10, 05:25 PM   #66
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
There's an option to disable party and raid frames.
10-13-10, 05:34 PM   #67
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
There's an option to disable party and raid frames.
I was looking for one, previous to posting. But couldn't find it. I can't find it, neither in "Unit Frames", nor "Raid Frames" *blind*

10-13-10, 06:20 PM   #68
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Join a raid and you get the control panel on the left of the screen. Click the arrow to expand the panel, then click the hide button.

All we need then is some way to remove the control panel. (totally, rather than just minimizing it)
10-13-10, 06:22 PM   #69
Dawn
A Molten Giant

OMG, that was to obvious to look there for an option. Thanks for pointing that out. DO'H!

10-13-10, 09:44 PM   #70
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Is anyone else not able to get tooltips for their unitframes anymore? Did I forget to add something?
10-13-10, 11:08 PM   #71
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Are there any changes in 1.5 that could possibly affect performance? Since I got 2 comments, stating they got some kind of "lag" as of patch 4.x (in party and raid, it seems). While all I did was updating my layout to reflect the changes in 1.5 (some slight spawning shizzle, self:SetSize instead of initial- ...). I changed no functions, nor did I add new features, except for the new elements.

10-13-10, 11:33 PM   #72
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Are there any changes in 1.5 that could possibly affect performance? Since I got 2 comments, stating they got some kind of "lag" as of patch 4.x (in party and raid, it seems). While all I did was updating my layout to reflect the changes in 1.5 (some slight spawning shizzle, self:SetSize instead of initial- ...). I changed no functions, nor did I add new features, except for the new elements.
RegisterAttributeDriver makes all header frames get updated five times a second. There isn't really too much I can do with it currently (without rewriting how OnShow updating is done). It's a bug with the secure env. in other words.
10-14-10, 12:49 AM   #73
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, now using 1.5.1!

I'm spawning my frames not using the Factory function because I have a style for each unit, well that was the way I did it initially and now I'm lazy to redoit.

So I spawn my individual units like this:

Code:
    oUF:RegisterStyle("oUF_lumenPlayer", PlayerStyle)
    oUF:SetActiveStyle("oUF_lumenPlayer")
    oUF:Spawn("player", "oUF_lumenPlayerFrame") :SetPoint("CENTER", cfg.player_frame_x, cfg.player_frame_y)
I changed the code to reflect 1.5, but still I can't see my player frame for example. The Frames aren't spawning because I can't see the movers with /omf.

Any clues? Is it related to the generation of the player frame name? I generated it myself...

And can someone point me in the right direction to what is the Quest and Phase Icons? Thanks.

Last edited by neverg : 10-14-10 at 02:11 AM.
10-14-10, 02:58 AM   #74
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You should use 1.5.2
And there's not much code changed with the Factory you should take a look at some other layout, it's really not difficult to have your layout using it.
For the frame name, i give a name too and all my frames (i think so, didn't test raid) work like it should. So this has nothing to do with it.
You should have a pastey ready when you have a problem, it's so much easier when you have the code to help debugging it ^^
10-14-10, 03:05 AM   #75
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
You should use 1.5.2
And there's not much code changed with the Factory you should take a look at some other layout, it's really not difficult to have your layout using it.
For the frame name, i give a name too and all my frames (i think so, didn't test raid) work like it should. So this has nothing to do with it.
You should have a pastey ready when you have a problem, it's so much easier when you have the code to help debugging it ^^
Didn't know 1.5.2 was already out, thanks. Ok, well, I'm going try to use Factory and see what need to change. I will report and dificulties! :P Thanks.
10-14-10, 03:37 AM   #76
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Regarding portraits:
This is due to a bug with RegisterAttributeDrive, which is used to handle showing/hiding of the header frame based on conditions. If you disable the visibility function on your header it should behave normal.

This is the same issues that causes OnMouseUp events to go void on the header frames, which pretty much makes them ignore your clicks.
Are there any workarounds for this? I don't want to disable portraits for my party and I need the visibility conditions, so that it displays when in a 5-man raid.

What am I to do?
10-14-10, 05:54 AM   #77
Sueisfine
A Defias Bandit
Hello there.

First of all thank you haste for all the hard work on 1.5.x /bow

I'm also in the process of migrating my personal layout to 1.5.x and so far I managed to fix most of the stuff but I'm running into a couple of issues and am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction:

1) Right-Click a player buff to cancel it: it isn't working atm, it throws an error popup in the game. any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

2) Concerning 'oUF-initialConfigFunction': I understand what you have to do if you want to use local variables inside the string (haste's example on first page). But is it also possible to call a local function inside the string? I mean, some function defined before the "SpawnHeader" call? If so, how can we do it?

Thank you very much in advance !!!

@neverg: I ran into the same issue you mentioned (frames not visible) and in my case the problem was the "initial-*' attributes that I was using to define the frames' size. I simply replaced those by ":GetWidth()" and ":GetHeight()" calls and it solved it for me. <pt>ja agora, sou portugues tb por isso se quiseres podemos depois discutir algumas cenas de codigo por pm ou assim </pt>

@people having issues with 1-pixel borders showing fuzzy after 4.0.1: according to http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=31813&page=4 it seems they changed the way the game's "uiscale" feature works. It seems now you have to disable it (i.e., uncheck the box in the in-game settings) in order to have the same effect as setting "uiscale" to "768/<your resolution height>" prior to 4.0.1. Just a heads up for those interested!
10-14-10, 06:00 AM   #78
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks Sueisfine (outro português, nice! ^^).

I decide to take the chance and kinda redo most of the calls to the style functions to start using Factory. I was trying not to, but well, might as well take the chance.

Something that is not related to oUF but I'm having problems in 4.01 is the MirrorBars.

A parasite texture is spawning behind my MirrorBar.

Using this code or pastebin.

Code:
	-- Mirror Bars
	function MirrorBars()
		if(MirrorBars) then
			for _, bar in pairs({
			'MirrorTimer1',
			'MirrorTimer2',
			'MirrorTimer3',
		}) do   
			for i, region in pairs({_G[bar]:GetRegions()}) do
				if (region.GetTexture and region:GetTexture() == 'SolidTexture') then
					region:Hide()
				end
			end

_G[bar]:SetBackdrop({ bgFile = "Interface\\ChatFrame\\ChatFrameBackground", tile = false, tileSize = 0,
			insets = {top = -2, left = -2, bottom = -2, right = -2}})

_G[bar]:SetBackdropColor(0, 0, 0, 1)

_G[bar..'Border']:Hide()

_G[bar]:SetParent(UIParent)
			_G[bar]:SetScale(1)
			_G[bar]:SetHeight(15)
			_G[bar]:SetWidth(140)

_G[bar..'Background'] = _G[bar]:CreateTexture(bar..'Background', 'BACKGROUND', _G[bar])
			_G[bar..'Background']:SetTexture('Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8x8')
			_G[bar..'Background']:SetAllPoints(bar)
			_G[bar..'Background']:SetVertexColor(0, 0, 0, 0.5)

_G[bar..'Text']:SetFont(font, cfg.fontsize-1, "THINOUTLINE")
			_G[bar..'Text']:ClearAllPoints()
			_G[bar..'Text']:SetPoint('CENTER', MirrorTimer1StatusBar, 0, 1)

_G[bar..'StatusBar']:SetStatusBarTexture('\Interface\\AddOns\\oUF_lumen\\media\\texture')

_G[bar..'StatusBar']:SetAllPoints(_G[bar])
			end
		end
	end
10-14-10, 06:25 AM   #79
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Couldn't find anything about it here, so I'll mention it:

The cooldown spirals on auras on the party frames flicker as well. Only the cooldown spirals though, not the auras themselves.

I'm guessing this bug is related to the RegisterAttributeDrive bug that causes portraits to flicker?
10-14-10, 06:40 AM   #80
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
@people having issues with 1-pixel borders showing fuzzy after 4.0.1: according to http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=31813&page=4 it seems they changed the way the game's "uiscale" feature works. It seems now you have to disable it (i.e., uncheck the box in the in-game settings) in order to have the same effect as setting "uiscale" to "768/<your resolution height>" prior to 4.0.1. Just a heads up for those interested!
Not sure I agree with this. The people in the linked thread use GetScreenHeight() to get the size of their screen, but that is the wrong way, since GetScreenHeight() is affected by UIscale. Meaning that you won't always get the actual screen height.

What they want to know is the actual height in pixels of your current screen resolution, which can be retrieved easily enough from;

Code:
    local realScreenHeight = tonumber( string.match( GetCVar("gxResolution"), "%d+x(%d+)") );
    local oneRealPixel =  768 / realScreenHeight / tonumber( GetCVar( "uiScale" ) );
or

Code:
        local realScreenHeight = tonumber( string.match( GetCVar("gxResolution"), "%d+x(%d+)") );
	SetCVar( "useUiScale", 1 );
	SetCVar( "uiScale", 768 / realScreenHeight );
	ReloadUI();

I've had no fuzzy results whatsoever, neither pre-patch, now, on the PTR or on the beta.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » API version 5: changes and discussion