03-23-11, 02:10 AM   #1
siegewar
A Defias Bandit
Normal map not showing explored areas.

The Carbonite map works great but for some reason it seems to be messing up the normal map (I'm using the regular WoW map instead of Carbonite for my large map).

For example, it doesn't show areas I've explored:

and it seems to make parts of the normal map transparent when it opens:

I have to minimize (the diagnoal arrow at the top-right) then maximize for it to work normally.

Any ideas on how to fix these two problems?

Last edited by siegewar : 03-23-11 at 02:18 AM.

03-23-11, 01:24 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this: Disable all of your addons EXCEPT Carbonite. If the problem persists, then Carbonite is, indeed (for some odd reason), conflicting with your Blizzard world map. If the problem stops, then Carbonite is not the problem, and you should begin re-enabling your addons in small groups (one at a time if you only use a few), testing after each group, until the problem reappears. Once the problem reappears, disable the last group you enabled for the previous test, and begin enabling, and testing, them one at a time until the problem starts again. That addon should be the one causing the conflict. If that is the case, please be sure to let the authors of both Carbonite and the other addon know that there is a conflict between the two addons.

If Carbonite is the problem, the only thing I can think to do is this: Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files that are there. BE AWARE that this will completely reset your Carbonite installation. Carbonite will look and act as if it was just installed for ALL of your characters. This is because those files hold Carbonites settings for all of your characters.

03-23-11, 01:28 PM   #3
Aschker
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Is this just in the worgen start area? Cause for some reason this happens there without addons too.. Must be something about the way it zones. Try making it to the last quest part, it should show then.

03-23-11, 03:54 PM   #4
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
This looks very much like a problem caused by Carbonite. A long time ago I had a similar problem with that addon.

03-23-11, 10:06 PM   #5
siegewar
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the replies, I think I may have figure it out.

The problem seems to go away when I don't load the FluidFrames/Portfolio addons. However, I like being able to move around and arrange all of the little buttons.

Does anybody know of another addon similar to FluidFrames/Portfolio that doesn't ruin the map? (or perhaps a way to fix them?)

Last edited by siegewar : 03-23-11 at 10:08 PM.

03-24-11, 07:18 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by siegewar View Post
Thanks for the replies, I think I may have figure it out.

The problem seems to go away when I don't load the FluidFrames/Portfolio addons. However, I like being able to move around and arrange all of the little buttons.

Does anybody know of another addon similar to FluidFrames/Portfolio that doesn't ruin the map? (or perhaps a way to fix them?)
Since FluidFrames allows you to move and scale default (Blizzard) frames, you might want to look at MoveAnything. I just took a glance at the Portfolio page, and it seems to be more of a developer tool. If you use an in-game addon controller (IE: Addon Control Panel, Option House) I would suggest just disabling it until you need to use it, and re-enabling it when needed while still in-game. Sure, you have to reload the UI, but....

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-24-11 at 07:32 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Normal map not showing explored areas.