04-07-11, 09:49 AM   #1
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Question How Do I.....

Mark a spot on my minimap so my party members can see said spot?

One of my friends was giving me an exploratory tour of Kalimdor yesterday and had asked me to 'ping' a spot on the map to direct him where I needed to go (to uncover the fog). However, I was unable to do so. I also looked through all the menu options but could not find any option that hinted at that ability.

I am pretty sure he does not use Carbonite (if any addons at all). Is this something that he would need Carbonite for ('communication' between our maps perhaps)?

Thanks in advance

04-07-11, 12:53 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have the Carbonite map and the Blizzard minimap merged this should work: Hold the "ctrl" key to bring the Blizzard minimap to the top layer, and use your mouse to "ping" the minimap as usual. Releasing the "ctrl" key will allow the minimap to hide again.

To learn more about how Carbonite works, go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file. Lots of good Carbonite stuff in there.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-07-11 at 01:00 PM.

04-07-11, 03:04 PM   #3
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm pretty sure I do have them merged, so I'll give that a shot and see how it goes!

Thanks Jeffy!

04-09-11, 06:42 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

I never understood that whole "ping the map" thing, anyway. I just knew that would probably work because I've accidentally "ping"ed the Blizzard minimap while trying to put a note on the Carbonite map. Unfortunately, I forgot I was holding the "ctrl" key down at the same time, and ........ "PING"... (I wear headphones while I play, so it's easily heard. )

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How Do I.....