05-19-11, 11:16 AM   #1
SweetPOA
A Murloc Raider
Mini Map Scaling

So here is my issue, and if someone could tell me how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. When I am watching a Quest, my mini map scales in all the way when I get close. I know there is a way to stop this, but I can't figure out how. Even when I use the mouse wheel to scroll out, it just goes back in as soon as I move. Please help.

05-19-11, 01:27 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SweetPOA View Post
So here is my issue, and if someone could tell me how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. When I am watching a Quest, my mini map scales in all the way when I get close. I know there is a way to stop this, but I can't figure out how. Even when I use the mouse wheel to scroll out, it just goes back in as soon as I move. Please help.
First, there is only one "minimap" and that is Blizzards. Carbonite only uses one map, and it is either minimized (minimap sized, but not the minimap) or maximized (large, like the Blizzard World Map). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap, which resides in the upper right corner of your screen; The World Map, which is Blizzards big map; and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the "Battleground") Map.

In the upper right corner of the minimized map frame, there should be two small boxes. One should have a check mark, the other should have a small lock symbol in it (or an "x" if you don't lock your map). Simply uncheck the box with the check mark in it, and you should be good to go.

05-20-11, 07:24 PM   #3
Strayed
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Lol my problem was the exact opposite.
It used to always scale and then it stopped doing that and i browsed through all the options but couldn't find it.

Now i checked the box again and it works like a charm.
Thanks for the information

05-20-11, 09:40 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

05-23-11, 11:32 AM   #5
SweetPOA
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for you help in this. And I know I was calling it the wrong thing, but hey, it happens. I did find the check mark and clicked it and now it is not doing the scale thing anymore. Thanks again.

05-23-11, 12:35 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

I have to apologize. People either tend to forget that Carbonite only uses one map (and that it's either minimized or maximized), or they just don't realize it, or just plain don't know. So I tend to get irritated by it occasionally and rant at them about Blizzards maps and Carbonites map and the differences between them. Sorry 'bout that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mini Map Scaling