05-19-11, 12:04 PM   #1
Fretykso
A Defias Bandit
How do I disable guild/party dots on the map?

Hi guys this is my first post. I looked on the forum, in the options but still don't know... how can I disable showing on my map guild members and/or party members as yellow dots? I don't want them to see where I am exactly on the map (they also have carbonite). How do I do that?

05-19-11, 01:13 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fretykso View Post
Hi guys this is my first post. I looked on the forum, in the options but still don't know... how can I disable showing on my map guild members and/or party members as yellow dots? I don't want them to see where I am exactly on the map (they also have carbonite). How do I do that?
If you don't want them to "see" you, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Privacy & Com" page. UNcheck the first three options on the page.

If you don't want to "see" their positions, go to the "Map" page, and UNcheck the "Show friend and guild positions in city". If you don't want to "see" them anywhere else, either, just uncheck the other two options that are grouped with it and you won't be seeing any other player on your map. At all.

05-20-11, 02:41 PM   #3
Fretykso
A Defias Bandit
Ok that's exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot.

05-20-11, 09:26 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How do I disable guild/party dots on the map?