05-25-11, 12:41 PM   #1
Lichug
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite Map/Minimap Issue

My basic issue is that the Carbonite Map and the Minimap do not line up when I have the Minimap move into Carbonite map option selected. I end up with two arrows that point to my location, especially if I am tracking something with Carbonite (the traveling arrow thingie). How can I get them to align correctly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimap.png
Views:	703
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	6198  

Last edited by Lichug : 05-25-11 at 12:51 PM.

05-29-11, 09:10 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lichug View Post
My basic issue is that the Carbonite Map and the Minimap do not line up when I have the Minimap move into Carbonite map option selected. I end up with two arrows that point to my location, especially if I am tracking something with Carbonite (the traveling arrow thingie). How can I get them to align correctly?
Both (Blizzard and Carbonite) maps will not continue to stay "aligned correctly" simply because of the differences in how each map uses zoom. Blizzards minimap uses only six fixed levels of zoom, but the Carbonite map is able to be "infinitely" zoomed.

You have so many arrows on your map because you are, apparently, still tracking quests with the Blizzard quest log. Open the Blizzard quest log (alt + L), and stop tracking quests there. Then I would open Blizzards options and disable everything on the "Objectives" page. See how things look after that. Reloading the UI might be needed. Just type "/rl" into chat or open Carbonites options to the "Reset" page, and choose the "Reload UI" option at the bottom. Some Blizzard option changes might not take effect until WoW is started again.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your post, but, quite frankly, I haven't seen this behavior on my Carbonite map for almost two years. Once I installed Carbonite, I disabled everything Blizzard did with questing and just haven't looked back. Well, that and the fact that my memory is .... spotty, at best, and I just didn't remember how to fix the problem until I was messing around with things last night.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-29-11 at 09:26 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Map/Minimap Issue