06-29-11, 06:32 AM   #21
Drazo
A Defias Bandit
Still bugged for me

Reinstalled Carbonite if I load the game with Carbonite enabled it freezes in less than a minute. Game is fine with Carbonite disabled. Worked great until yesterday after the "patch". Of course seems a lot of things were changed that should have been left alone. If it "ain't broke . . . then don't fix it".

06-29-11, 06:52 AM   #22
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is the freezeing happening with the 4.1 verison of carbonite or are you using the fix said here or the downloaded verison. (See sig)

--
Verttex

06-29-11, 07:32 AM   #23
CyberZombie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Palladia View Post
I have 4.11 and I made the changes you posted (copied and pasted) but not only do I still get errors, but the Carbonite map doesn't load at all.
Carbonite resides at interface\addons\Carbonite, not interface\addons\Carbonite-4.11. Is it possible you're running 2 copies of Carbonite?

In any case, I checked out your errors. The 1st given pre-reinstall in the Carbonite file I have looks like an initialization error of the map. No way am I going to try to delve into this nearly 400-line function beyond that diagnosis.

Subsequent would be meaningless to diagnose due to a failed initialization. Another possibility is that there is interference with another misbehaving mod causing the problem?

Your post-install errors also look confusing. It's as if map - though initialized as an empty array - has no elements added to it. Another case of incorrect initialization?

In any case, I'd suggest you ensure you're only running with one copy of Carbonite (interface/addons/Carbonite vs. interface/addons/Carbonite-4.11). Failing that, I'm going to punt the issue to the Carbonite folks until they get an update out.

Sorry I can't help more!

06-29-11, 07:42 AM   #24
ChefHearne
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Alternative Fix -> Hides NXOnEvent and Stops Crashing

A friend of mine was having addon issues. He had far fewer addons than I had, in fact I had every addon he was running. Yet his Carbonite 4.11 was not working and was indeed appearing to be the culprit of his crashes, while my carbonite ran fine (a few captured errors) but Carbonite seems to not fatally error when BugSack is running. I had 2 other friends try it and it continues to work for each of them. Note: you can change the error sound effect to none to mute the errors.

Note: None of these friends applied the fix. Only installed BugSack. also note the errors are still occurring but it appears BugSack somehow handles the error-handling better.

06-29-11, 08:00 AM   #25
Drazo
A Defias Bandit
Freeze

I removed the files, rebooted installed the update, rebooted started the game checked load out of date and still froze. Don't know what else to do, seems to work for everyone else. WoW does not have a map compared to Carbonite

06-29-11, 08:28 AM   #26
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Ever since replacing my carbonite folder with your fix.
My carbonite has been bugging alot.
Caster delays / frame drops. Currently I play without the addon untill a official version is released.

Thanks

06-29-11, 09:08 AM   #27
Verttex
Super Monkey

Can you post the LUA errors it is getting please?

06-29-11, 09:18 AM   #28
Drazo
A Defias Bandit
3rd time is a charm

removed and reinstalled 4.2 WITH Bugsack and it works as advertised.

Tnx

06-29-11, 09:33 AM   #29
Verttex
Super Monkey

Awesome, thanks.

06-29-11, 10:56 AM   #30
CyberZombie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Given some of the confusion with line numbers, I'm reworking the original post to just have Original: and Patched: code sections.

06-29-11, 12:55 PM   #31
bessiq
A Murloc Raider

Premium Member
Used fix posted here and while all errors went away, my chat box gets spammed with "You can only be in 10 channels at one time." It never stops! Well, it didn't stop until I disabled Carbonite again.

Might try to wipe and do fresh reinstall, but man I hate setting it up the way I want again!

06-29-11, 12:58 PM   #32
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by CyberZombie View Post
Carbonite resides at interface\addons\Carbonite, not interface\addons\Carbonite-4.11. Is it possible you're running 2 copies of Carbonite?

In any case, I checked out your errors. The 1st given pre-reinstall in the Carbonite file I have looks like an initialization error of the map. No way am I going to try to delve into this nearly 400-line function beyond that diagnosis.
I'm definitely only running one copy, and it's in interface\addons\Carbonite. It is possible that problem is some other addon interfering, since I run a lot of them. I'm only getting errors from Carbonite at this point though. In any case, I'll try to test tonight without other addons, but it will be several hours from now.

Thank you very much, though, for taking the time to try to diagnose my problem and researching the errors. I'll follow up with more info tonight.

Update: Made the changes again and loaded WoW with only Carbonite running. Same outcome. Five errors on startup. Here's the first:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19532: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'na2' (a nil value)
Time: 06/29/11 15:43:25
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19532: in function `InT1'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:22951: in function `Ini'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19656: in function `h'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:352: in function `NXOnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Last edited by Palladia : 06-29-11 at 04:53 PM.

06-29-11, 01:08 PM   #33
bessiq
A Murloc Raider

Premium Member
Originally Posted by bessiq View Post
Used fix posted here and while all errors went away, my chat box gets spammed with "You can only be in 10 channels at one time." It never stops! Well, it didn't stop until I disabled Carbonite again.

Might try to wipe and do fresh reinstall, but man I hate setting it up the way I want again!
Just noticed there was a fix to the fix (4.2 -> 4.2.11) when I re-downloaded, so trying it now!

So far, so good!

Thanks a million!

06-29-11, 08:29 PM   #34
_cat_
A Murloc Raider
thanks guys. you're the best!!!!!

06-29-11, 10:28 PM   #35
Karquile
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The other thing that people need to be careful of when editing Carbonite.lua is that their chosen text editor can actually handle those superlong lines. Some editors may truncate or wrap them without warning you.

The copy of Carbonite.lua in the ZIP file is 1,916,590 bytes. CyberZombie's elegant patch does not change the byte count, so when you have finished editing your file and save it, it should still be 1,916,590 bytes. If it is larger or smaller, you probably have a corrupt file. Try a free Notepad replacement like Notepad++ or Win32Pad and see if you can get a clean edit.

06-29-11, 11:03 PM   #36
CyberZombie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
The other thing that people need to be careful of when editing Carbonite.lua is that their chosen text editor can actually handle those superlong lines. Some editors may truncate or wrap them without warning you.

The copy of Carbonite.lua in the ZIP file is 1,916,590 bytes. CyberZombie's elegant patch does not change the byte count, so when you have finished editing your file and save it, it should still be 1,916,590 bytes. If it is larger or smaller, you probably have a corrupt file. Try a free Notepad replacement like Notepad++ or Win32Pad and see if you can get a clean edit.
Not quite . The two single-line patches each add two variables - for a total of 20 bytes. Which makes the final Carbonite.lua size 1,916,610 bytes.

Last edited by CyberZombie : 06-29-11 at 11:07 PM.

06-30-11, 12:09 AM   #37
ChefHearne
A Murloc Raider
Clarification please

Originally Posted by Drazo View Post
removed and reinstalled 4.2 WITH Bugsack and it works as advertised.

Tnx
Drazo, did you use ONLY the reinstalled Carbonite 4.11 and BugSack or was it Carbonite 4.11, CyberZombie's Carbonite 4.2.11 Fix, and BugSack?

06-30-11, 05:43 PM   #38
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Yay! The new version works! I was so afraid I'd get the same error messages, but I didn't! So happy!

06-30-11, 05:48 PM   #39
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Carbonite 4.2 is released.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40677

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Patch for COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED error messages