Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Parenthesis, you are drunk.
08-24-12, 06:30 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have never used WowI's repo system; therefore I don't know if this is by design, so I thought to point this out. When checking out the repo, it wanted to default the name of the folder to LibResInfo-976, which means nobody can pull the lib from, say, the pkgmeta on Curseforge or WowAce. We'd have to check out LRI, rename the folder, and hard embed.

In other words, because the folder is named something other than the toc file, it won't load as is. Can this be changed, or do we have to wait for you to commit to http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/libresinfo/ ?

EDIT: will checking out svn://svn.wowinterface.com/LibResInfo-976/trunk/ work?

Last edited by myrroddin : 08-24-12 at 06:34 AM. Reason: guesswork
08-24-12, 06:42 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

If you're checking out a local copy via SVN, it is 100% default SVN functionality that the checkout path uses the repository name (at least with TortoiseSVN; not sure about other clients). Checking out from WowAce may appear different because WowAce uses the project "slug" as the repository name (eg. "smartres2") instead of something with a numeric ID, but it's not actually different. You can change the path during checkout, or rename the folder afterward. Anyone doing SVN checkouts on a library in alpha development is probably savvy enough to figure out how to rename a folder.

(On a side note, if you're on a case-sensitive filesystem, a default checkout from WowAce using TortoiseSVN will be just as broken as a default checkout from WoWI, because the folder name "smartres2" won't match the TOC name "SmartRes2.toc".)

Also, the SVN repo for LRI has the svn:externals property set correctly, so it will include LibStub and CallbackHandler-1.0 in the checkout.

If you're embedding it in your CurseForge/WowAce addon via .pkgmeta, do the same:

Code:
externals:
    Libs/LibResInfo-1.0: svn://svn.wowinterface.com/LibResInfo-976/trunk
The only possible issue I can think of is that people downloading the -nolib package of your alpha version through the Curse Client won't get the library, but I don't really consider this a problem, since the library is not ready for release and should not be used in a release addon yet. Once it is ready for release, it will also be posted on CurseForge so the Curse Client will be able to get it.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-25-12 at 05:23 AM.
08-25-12, 06:38 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Fixed handling of res expirations.

Fixed handling of res invalidations by ghosting or disconnecting.

Fixed handling of players who leave the group while casting a res, having a res cast on them, or having a res available.

Fixed things so API functions return correct values immediately when callbacks fire.

Will post an official beta release on WoWI and CurseForge as soon as Dolby fixes this bug so I can push a release. In the meantime, /trunk or /tags/r12-beta will get you the current "stable" version.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-25-12 at 07:37 AM.
08-27-12, 07:08 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Released on WoWInterface and CurseForge. Please keep all reports, suggestions, questions, and other comments here in this thread. Thanks!
09-01-12, 09:13 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Okay, I'm working on Mass Resurrection support, but I don't have access to the spell myself, so hopefully someone else can answer this:

Does Mass Resurrection only hit group members who were dead when it started casting? Or if someone dies mid-cast, will it hit them too?

Last edited by Phanx : 09-01-12 at 09:33 PM. Reason: ohnoes, typos
09-02-12, 12:51 AM   #7
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Okay, I'm working on Mass Resurrection support, but I don't have access to the spell myself, so hopefully someone else can answer this:

Does Mass Resurrection only hit group members who were dead when it started casting? Or if someone dies mid-cast, will it hit them too?
I does still hit on players that die mid cast.
11-04-12, 04:40 PM   #8
dracula
A Murloc Raider
But.... I posted the exact error I got with r27, and I posted the exact error I got with r28.

It is occurring when me or another player leaves the raid, with everyone alive (ie. no resses going on).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LibResInfo - resurrection info without comms