11-20-12, 10:08 PM   #1
f03809
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Item Age Filter for Baggins

would anyone be interested in creating a plug in for Baggins that allows a filter for Item Age or better yet, the number of times auctioned? I would think you could some use ItemAge to do this. I have tried to create something myself, but I know just enough of LUA to be dangerous.
11-21-12, 02:19 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Baggins has been a dead addon for several years now. There was a half-hearted attempt to update with Ace3, but nothing truly useful ever came about.

I suggest switching to a different bag addon. The closest to Baggins is AdiBags, but there are several others with varying looks and features, including Sackville, currently in alpha build, which is similar to Baggins.

And before anyone says anything, I am aware that Baggins was last updated eleven months ago, but the addon still uses Ace2, which was abandoned over three years ago.
11-21-12, 03:23 AM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's also the Ace3 fork of Baggins by one of the authors, located here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-21-12, 02:09 PM   #4
f03809
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
Thanks for the add on suggestions. I will check those out.

As an FYI, Baggins using Ace 3 works just fine, it was recently updated for MOP. I have no problems with it. I just want some additional filters for my bank toon that will filter items over a certain age, or over X number of times auctioned so that I know to vendor those items.

If there is no interest to develop this sort of addon I will get to developing myself. I just have a huge learning curve with LUA to overcome.
11-22-12, 11:00 AM   #5
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by f03809 View Post
Thanks for the add on suggestions. I will check those out.

As an FYI, Baggins using Ace 3 works just fine, it was recently updated for MOP. I have no problems with it. I just want some additional filters for my bank toon that will filter items over a certain age, or over X number of times auctioned so that I know to vendor those items.

If there is no interest to develop this sort of addon I will get to developing myself. I just have a huge learning curve with LUA to overcome.
I would be overjoyed if such addon existed. I use TSM for posting hundreds of auctions of transmog gear mostly and controlling it manually whether some items just don't sell as I was expecting is tiresome. Eliminating them by age or how many times they were posted would be a god bless.

Last edited by natassja72 : 11-22-12 at 11:02 AM.
11-22-12, 05:13 PM   #6
f03809
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
Originally Posted by natassja72 View Post
I would be overjoyed if such addon existed. I use TSM for posting hundreds of auctions of transmog gear mostly and controlling it manually whether some items just don't sell as I was expecting is tiresome. Eliminating them by age or how many times they were posted would be a god bless.
Until an addon gets created to filter items in your bags by age or times auctioned, you can use ItemAge. It hasn't been updated since 2010, but I haven't noticed any issues with it. It displays the Age of the item and the number of times auctioned in the tooltip. It is somewhat of a pain, which is why i was hoping to get a filter for Baggins or equivalent Addon.
11-23-12, 12:43 PM   #7
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by f03809 View Post
Until an addon gets created to filter items in your bags by age or times auctioned, you can use ItemAge. It hasn't been updated since 2010, but I haven't noticed any issues with it. It displays the Age of the item and the number of times auctioned in the tooltip. It is somewhat of a pain, which is why i was hoping to get a filter for Baggins or equivalent Addon.
Thank you, I will try ItemAge out
05-03-13, 08:06 PM   #8
f03809
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
I finally figured out how to create a filter for Baggins that uses Item Age "Auction Count" data. I haven't done much testing with it and it is NOT configurable. Right now it filters out anything that is auctioned more than 20 times. I am far from an expert in LUA but it appears to work. If there is any interest for this filter I would be happy to upload the addon. There is NO guarantees that it is bug free and I am sure it has some garbage code in the LUA just because I don't really know what I can delete and what I need to keep. I got it working through trial and error. Anyway, please reply to this post if there is any ineterest from anyone.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Item Age Filter for Baggins