Unread 03-05-13, 03:51 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Question Wondering why Portals aren't shown on map(s)?

Hi. I'm wondering why most Portals are not shown on Carbonite's map(s)? Blizzard's map doesn't show Portals either.

Since Portals are so valuable to traveling long distances, I would think they would always be shown. Not everyone plays a Mage. heh heh

I'm using Carbonite version 5102.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonite_portals_not_shown_on_maps.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	7621  
Kreelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-13, 05:17 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it's one of those mystical things... no one knows why carbonite stopped showing them... but they are back in the alpha / carbonite2.

nm just saw which one your talking about, that one I haven't added in yet, but it will be added eventually.
Rythal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-13, 05:45 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Thanks Rythal. Just wondering if there's any way you can 'scan' Blizzard's code to find out location information on ALL the Portals available in the game, both Horde & Alliance? If it's possible to do that, then it may save you lots of time by doing them all at once. I know for sure there are other Portals which aren't showing up, too. But, at the moment, I can't remember their locations. Seeing them on the Carbonite map(s) is very important to me, and probably other players, too.

Thanks for at least fixing this one, even though I know now where it is. New Carbonite users may not have a clue.

Note: That also goes for the other icons missing from Carbonite maps, such as vendors, profession trainers, etc., etc., etc. They used to show up on the original Carbonite maps, but they don't anymore. I'm sure you're busy with other things, but these are just "basic" things having nothing to do with raiding, questing, Pandaria expansion, etc. Just plain ol' leveling in the game.

Also, the red "?" (Carbonite "Guide") still doesn't function properly -- after many years.
Kreelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Bug Reports - Live Release Version » Wondering why Portals aren't shown on map(s)?