03-07-13, 11:01 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Explination on Isle of thunder / quests

As I mentioned before, with the way carbonite was built it could only properly support 223 zones. I've worked around this up until now by shuffling zones that won't have quests or very few quests above that number and main zones under it, but i'm running out of zones I can do that with.

I'll try and find 1 more I can squeeze out so isle of thunder can go under that limit, (I think gate of the setting sun is sitting right at that limit point) but it means some other zone is going to lose the ability to be tracked in exchange, so it's a weigh problem of which zone will less people complain about.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to do it, since carbonite2 should be well under way before 5.3 (i hope)

03-07-13, 12:40 PM   #2
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I have to ask.

is it possible to create modules for each continent, area (ie, Outlands, firelands, Kalimidor, northrend, etc) in order to get around the limitation?

03-07-13, 01:10 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
possibly, but it won't be needed ... when I get the quest system updated to use the new format i've laid out for it, at the same time I can scrap the entire way they stored zones/areas as i won't be limited to the 1 character anymore.

Ends up even I was wrong, it's 220 max zones not 223, so to fix it for now I swapped thunder isle with onyxia's lair in the databases since I don't think there's any quests there... and if there is, well to bad :P

03-07-13, 02:52 PM   #4
LothwenTLU
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So that would explain why quest objective markers don't appear on the map for Isle of Thunder?

03-07-13, 03:04 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
yes, I was trying to get the map working and release out so it was usable so hadn't had time to try and find a working areaid for it.

03-07-13, 11:33 PM   #6
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Well done...and Onyxia is a run in get it and get out situation....one path....no issues

03-08-13, 12:31 AM   #7
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

any way to ge the progress bar to show up on the map as well?

nvm, just saw the update /slight embarrasment
thx Rythal!

Last edited by crazzzzi : 03-08-13 at 12:38 AM.

03-08-13, 07:32 AM   #8
LothwenTLU
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile

THANK YOU!!! Downloaded and installed Alpha 5, and the quest objectives are on the map again! I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on those! I took about 1/3 less time doing those Isle of Thunder dailies thanks to that.

Keep up the good work!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Explination on Isle of thunder / quests