Unread 04-25-13, 05:17 AM   #1
Clamsoda
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Issue With Party Frames In Combat

Good morning,

I am experiencing an issue with oUF, in that when I join a party that has more than one person, while I am in combat (entering a LFD group, while they are fighting), I receive several errors. I assume this is due to setting frame properties in combat, but I thought that was a non-issue within the secure templates.

Here is the error straight out of the taint log:
http://pastebin.com/hXvfDPb9

Here is my code for spawning the party frames:
http://pastebin.com/0LwbvvAP

The function at line 30 of Interface\AddOns\oUF_Clamsoda\functions.lua:
http://pastebin.com/DcxnTkDK

I borrowed much of the code for spawning the party frames from Zork's oUF_Simple, considering I haven't got a strong grasp on secure headers. I was receiving the error before I added the "oUF-initialConfigFunction" properties; I assumed that would fix it, considering the taint log seems to dislike my setting the size and scale.

Thank you for your time and help.

Edit 1: Explaining the situation helped me wrap my head around what was wrong; instead of using my header function for the party frames, I am going to explicitly use the parts that AREN'T related to scale or size, and use the "oUF-initialConfigFunction" properties to control the size and scale of the party frames. Hopefully that will help.

Last edited by Clamsoda : 04-25-13 at 05:28 AM.
Clamsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-13, 05:48 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Party frames are group header unit buttons.

Many of the attributes are blocked from being changed in combat for that type of button. (Well the same is true for all other unit buttons but they are created before the secure environment is in place thus it will get through. Group header buttons are created on the fly.)

This includes:
- self:SetSize()
- self:SetScale()
- self:SetPoint()

If you check oUF_Simple again you will find a "initHeader" and a "init" function. "initHeader" is used for group header units and stays away from changing anything on self.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 04-25-13 at 05:52 AM.
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-13, 05:57 AM   #3
Clamsoda
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thanks for the response Zork.

Yeah, as I thought about it more and more, I gravitated to such a solution. I removed any instance of SetSize or SetScale from the scope of my party frames. It is a bit early to test, but I am confident it will be an adequate solution.
Clamsoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackWoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Issue With Party Frames In Combat