07-29-14, 02:08 AM   #41
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sylvanaar View Post
If you haven't tried out my Lua plugin for wow development, you might want to take a look. There have been a lot of improvements over the years.

[...]
I just wanted to say how I love this Whenever the documentation on wowprogramming updates, I just run the update script and I have new documentation
07-29-14, 07:41 AM   #42
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Glad to know that people are enjoying it. I don't have quite as much time to develop it as I once did, but I still work on it from time to time.

I'd love to have some contributors. It is in fact a fun project to work on (for a tools geek like me).
07-29-14, 01:09 PM   #43
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Just found this and was excited to try it out! But, I ran into an error as soon as I got started.

Code:
Plugin 'Lua' failed to initialize and will be disabled.  Please restart IntelliJ IDEA.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sylvanaar.idea.Lua.sdk.KahluaSdk PluginClassLoader[Lua, 1.0.74-135]
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:68)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.loadClasses(ComponentManagerImpl.java:408)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.loadClasses(ComponentManagerImpl.java:398)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl$ComponentsRegistry.access$000(ComponentManagerImpl.java:384)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.createComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.java:107)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.ComponentManagerImpl.init(ComponentManagerImpl.java:89)
    at com.intellij.openapi.components.impl.stores.ApplicationStoreImpl.load(ApplicationStoreImpl.java:87)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.load(ApplicationImpl.java:508)
    at com.intellij.idea.IdeaApplication.run(IdeaApplication.java:151)
    at com.intellij.idea.MainImpl$1$1$1.run(MainImpl.java:46)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:312)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.defaultDispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:697)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:524)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:335)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong when installing the plugin. I'm running IntelliJ Idea 13.1.4.

EDIT: Installing via the "Browse Repositories" window in the program worked, instead of downloading from the wiki. Off I go.

Last edited by Wimpface : 07-29-14 at 01:17 PM.
07-29-14, 10:05 PM   #44
sylvanaar
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
EDIT: Installing via the "Browse Repositories" window in the program worked, instead of downloading from the wiki. Off I go.
Yep. The one on the wiki i guess is pretty ancient.
07-29-14, 11:02 PM   #45
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by sylvanaar View Post
Yep. The one on the wiki i guess is pretty ancient.
I should follow up with the fact that I love it so far. Thanks for the work you've put into it!
12-13-15, 01:48 PM   #46
sylvanaar
I decided to add a new feature for WoW to the editor. It can now automatically detect scripts in the XML files and provide highlighting and code navigation features right there in the XML. So you can ctrl/cmd click on a symbol and go there.

You could do this previously but you had to set it up yourself, and it didn't know what to do with the parameters of the script method or self. Now it does.

I only implemented the base script handlers. I'd love if someone who uses it would like to make a contribution of the other script handlers.

Anyhow, here's a sample:

Here's a link to the code that does the Lua language injection:

https://bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua...e-view-default

Last edited by sylvanaar : 12-13-15 at 01:53 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » My Work on a Lua IDE