01-01-07, 02:02 AM   #1
llglennll
A Defias Bandit
Mod Request: PoisonBox (after TrinketMenu)

PoisonBox
I'm looking for anyone that would be interested in making a modification of TrinketMenu to work with Rogue Poisons. Actually, it could work with any temporary enchant like Sharpening Stones, Mana Oil, etc.

What is it?
The General idea is that it works the same as TrinketMenu, except that instead of displaying the trinkets you have equipped, it instead displays your mainhand and offhand weapon. When you mouse-over, a menu pops up displaying all the poisons in your bag. You Left-Click to apply a poison on your mainhand weapon, or Right-Click to apply a poison to your off-hand weapon.

Why?
Rogues have many different poisons at their disposal, but they are rarely brought to bare in a dynamic fashion because of the cumbersome nature of applying them to weapons. TrinketMenu solved the same problem for equipping Trinkets, and I hope to do the same for poisons. If applying poisons was a little easier and more streamlined, then maybe people would make more effective use of them. Now that poisons can be applied while remaining in stealth, I think it would be viable.

Possible Additional Features (other ideas that might be nice)
- Disable the WoW warning dialogue about applying new poisons over existing poisons. This would be pretty important.
- Display the poison rank number in the icon (if you have diferent ranked poisons in your bag)
- Display a green glow around the MH and OH weapon icons when a poison is applied. Flash the glow when the poison is about to run out. Display no glow when no poisons are applied.
- Display and function with other temporaray enchants like Sharpening stones and mana oils.
- Automatic re-applying of poisons when a poison wears off. If a poison wears off, PoisonBox will reapply the same poison automatically, once the character is dropped out of combat. Assuming poisons still remain in the inventory. (This is similar to the queueing of trinkets in TrinketMenu)

Last edited by llglennll : 01-01-07 at 03:04 AM.
01-01-07, 02:49 PM   #2
llglennll
A Defias Bandit
What do you guys think? Any comments? Are there other mods that already do this on some level?
01-01-07, 05:12 PM   #3
Mauldah
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I like the idea. In fact, I like it a lot. You may want to ask the author of TrinketMenu if they could provide extra features / an edited version of their mod for this purpose since it would most likely function nearly the same. If the author does not have the time but authorizes someone else to modify his mod to provide these functions, send me a PM and I'll look into it.

Also, there's just a few problems with some of the ideas.

Originally Posted by llglennll
- Disable the WoW warning dialogue about applying new poisons over existing poisons. This would be pretty important.

- Automatic re-applying of poisons when a poison wears off. If a poison wears off, PoisonBox will reapply the same poison automatically, once the character is dropped out of combat. Assuming poisons still remain in the inventory. (This is similar to the queueing of trinkets in TrinketMenu)
The first *might* be possible but I have my doubts since it's a feature that requires user feedback and possibly fall under the error / warning category which cannot be surpressed by mods as of 2.0.

The second is most likely not possible and probably not as useful as the TrinketMenu version since it would require the player to stand still. The only reason in my mind that this could be remotely possible is that technically you're using an item, not casting a spell out of your spellbook. Though, because it has a cast time, I would think it would fall under the same rules as a normal spell and not be able to be autocast.
01-01-07, 05:31 PM   #4
Corrodias
A Murloc Raider
Check http://www.wowinterface.com/download...isonPouch.html to see if it does enough of what you want. It probably doesn't to the "additional features", though.
01-01-07, 07:20 PM   #5
llglennll
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm checking out PoisonPouch now
01-04-07, 08:48 AM   #6
Taroven
A Cyclonian
I use Poisoner ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Poisoner.html ) myself... Have been for months. Yes, it's logged under Rogue mods, but it works for everything you've mentioned.

It creates an unobtrusive little green icon that displays icons of all your poisons, oils, etc., when clicked. Leftclick your substance of choice, it applies to your mainhand. Rightclick, it applies to offhand. Quick and easy.

EDIT: Too early in the morning...
Bad part is that Poisoner doesn't disable warnings and can't auto-reapply.
01-04-07, 05:17 PM   #7
Karrion
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm the author of Poisoner; sorry for not posting earlier, I was away over Christmas/New year.

Poisoner does a lot of what you want, except a few of your Additional features:

- Disabling the overwrite warning: I've wanted to do something like this since version 1.0, and maybe one day I'll figure out how

- Re-apply poisons: I don't think this is possible; using an item is a protected function and as such can only be activated by a physical click

- Show rank number: good idea, added to my to do list >.>

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod Request: PoisonBox (after TrinketMenu)