10-26-06, 10:35 AM   #1
Strangle
A Kobold Labourer
Scrolling Combat text: problems

I have altered one line from the mod, so that the mod searches the combat log and informs certain event with a .wav sound.

Here's the line:
from file
sct_event_config.lua

[4] = {name="*** FOCUS ***", search="You gain Focus.", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=256/256, ismsg=1, soundwave="Interface\\AddOns\\sct\\ding.wav"},

The problem is that i have this talent which -when procs- appears on the combat log as
"You gain Focused Casting" and the mod alerts that line too.

i tried adding "." in the end of the searched senctence but it doesnt help.

Simply: how can i get the mod to inform "You gain Focus"-item proc and NOT "You gain Focused Casting"-talent proc

Here's the link to the mod:
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/download-21916.html

Sorry if i'm missing some needed command lines etc from here (such a noob with these things) but i'll be happy to add them here if needed.
10-30-06, 08:50 AM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

bumping this one because I like fiddling with SCT, and I'd like to know the answer to this too
01-13-07, 03:58 PM   #3
robthedude
Don't Panic

found a possible solution to this problem, and yes i know this post is months old, but I've got a memory like an elephant and stuff like this niggles at me...

so, you've got your line with what you want it to do here -
[4] = {name="*** FOCUS ***", search="You gain Focus.", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=256/256, ismsg=1, soundwave="Interface\\AddOns\\sct\\ding.wav"},

then create a line for the event that you DON'T want it to trigger on, but leave the 'name=' field blank, like this -

[5] = {name="", search="You gain Focused Casting", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=0/256},

I can't test it because I don't have a suitable character, but it should work... if someone could let me know that'd be great, then I can lay this niggle to rest

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Scrolling Combat text: problems