08-25-07, 04:20 PM   #1
Camylle
A Defias Bandit
Questions about JDtigg's UI

Hi...My husband downloaded this UI to our game yesterday. I like it, but there a few things about it that i dont love. Im including 2 screenshots, to help ask my questions, since i know next to nothing about all the different mods.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...questions1.jpg

Near the center of this picture, is a red circle..in the circle is a box that i get when i hold my mouse over most things in the game. I do not like the box, it inhibits my targeting in battle and is annoying to me. I like the information, just not so close to the mouse when i want to target. How can i turn that off, or set it so the box shows, say in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Also, near the top of the screen is a blue circle, i want to disable the reputation monitor...how can i do that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...questions2.jpg

In this picture, circled in red, center of the screen is what i get when i am at battlegrounds in a party. Having that dead center of my screen is most annoying, i cant see my enemies. I cannot figure out how to move it or turn it off. Please tell me how.

Also in this picture is the party members, circled in blue. This is fine as it is, tho a bit big, my issue with it is i cant move it up so its directly under my portrait. Notice how it laps over the chat? How can i move it up?

Im sure these are basic questions with easy answers, but i am clueless...i appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Camylle
08-25-07, 04:58 PM   #2
Blazingstorm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The answer to you first question. The one in the red circle is the mod TinyTip. To adjust this you need to type the following: /tinytip and a window will pop-up for you to make your adjustments.

As for the Rep. Mon. all you have to do is hit escape, click on "Add-Ons" and uncheck this addon. Then you should be good to go.

As for you second screen-shot, this is all a part of X-Perl Unit Frams. In order to adjust these frames you need to click on the white icon on you mini-map. Then the X-Perl window will pop-up. This can be a little confusing to the average person, but take your time, and you will beable to figure it all out.

08-25-07, 05:01 PM   #3
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Camylle
Hi...My husband downloaded this UI to our game yesterday. I like it, but there a few things about it that i dont love. Im including 2 screenshots, to help ask my questions, since i know next to nothing about all the different mods.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...questions1.jpg

Near the center of this picture, is a red circle..in the circle is a box that i get when i hold my mouse over most things in the game. I do not like the box, it inhibits my targeting in battle and is annoying to me. I like the information, just not so close to the mouse when i want to target. How can i turn that off, or set it so the box shows, say in the bottom right corner of the screen?
If you hit your "esc" you will see a little glowing hand type icon on the right hand of the main menu. Select this icon and you will bring up the settings for the TipBuddy that is installed.
There will be a button on the left called Anchoring". Select this and you will see the 2nd dropdown "Non-Unit Tooltips". This is where you can choose where else you wish this tooltip to be other than anchored to the mouse.

Also, near the top of the screen is a blue circle, i want to disable the reputation monitor...how can i do that?
All you can do is log back to the character selection screen, on the bottom left you will see the "add-ons" button. Just select this and scroll down to where you see "reputation monitor” uncheck it and it will go away when you log back in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...questions2.jpg

In this picture, circled in red, center of the screen is what i get when i am at battlegrounds in a party. Having that dead center of my screen is most annoying, i cant see my enemies. I cannot figure out how to move it or turn it off. Please tell me how.

Also in this picture is the party members, circled in blue. This is fine as it is, tho a bit big, my issue with it is i cant move it up so its directly under my portrait. Notice how it laps over the chat? How can i move it up?

Im sure these are basic questions with easy answers, but i am clueless...i appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Camylle
TO move any of the party / raid items when they come up, just simply type /XPerl. You will then have the XPerl menu box appear. You will be able to move this main configuration box out of the way to get to those items in the middle to move. They will now move to where you wish them as long as the configuration box remains open as it unlocks all the XPerl items.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Will be glad to help you out on this.
08-26-07, 11:29 AM   #4
Camylle
A Defias Bandit
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you..to you both

After reading my post it sounded like i dont like the UI, but i do, just had to figure out how to make it work for me. Its really good, and i am pleased to have it on my pc.

Most of my issues are now solved, thanks to you two.

One last small, less important question...is there any way to get scroll buttons for the chat? I like to read what was said but usually miss it, lol.

Thanks again for the great UI and the help. Yall are gems
08-26-07, 11:45 AM   #5
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you..to you both
One last small, less important question...is there any way to get scroll buttons for the chat? I like to read what was said but usually miss it, lol.
Oh you are quire welcome. Glad you are enjoying this addition.

For the chat, you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to scroll back up on what was said (then you will see the scroll down button when you start scrolling up) or use the page down button on the keyboard.

The chat addition I Use is Low Memory Chat and hides the scroll buttons to save the UI from rendering it upon load.
08-26-07, 08:40 PM   #6
Camylle
A Defias Bandit
Ok, cool...I dont use a regular mouse but track ball mouse, so we have no scroll wheel. However, i tried it with the keyboard buttons, and it worked like a charm .

Thanks again for your time and attention. Great work.

Camylle

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Questions about JDtigg's UI