09-13-07, 05:50 AM   #1
Propa
A Kobold Labourer
Raid Symbol Targeting Mod

Is it possible to create a mod that will give you a target box per raid symbol?

Example: you assign a raid symbol to a mob and a box on your screen with that symbol will fill in with the mobs information.
09-13-07, 06:54 AM   #2
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Well possible yes, but this would likely require getting information from other sources first. Using Mobhealth you can gather the data and the name you got on the mob so linking those two should be enough for starters
09-13-07, 07:57 AM   #3
FrankoFranks
A Fallenroot Satyr
What you mean is this, right?
"ok I'm marking skull, it's Garr."
-at this time a box would appear for skull with garr, that will display hit points, mana, hit numbers, buffs/debuffs, and players targeting him.
"ok, flavin, here is your banish, it's diamond."
-at this time another box would appear for diamond with the rock elmental, which also displays hit points, mana, hit numbers, buffs/debuffs, and players targeting him...

Ok, now all the boxes are up with their own symbol and info. As people enter combat you can see each symbol's life/mana, hit numbers, debuffs, targets, people targeting them, ect...

I assume this is what you meant right? You want to have info on that many targets at once displayed on your screen. Well,.... no. You can't as far as I know.
I do not see this being possible in 2.0, as it's a real nazi about stuff like this. You can /focus to bring up a new target frame on something, but I think you are limited to just one. If this were possible perhaps some *** would get it removed from the game. I can see it now, oh look, I have an add-on that puts all info on my screen on everyone in the bg, buffs, debuffs, and the like! This add-on also puts hotkeys under them based on life, making me able to shadow word death anyone within 1k life, or silence anyone casting...
Developers know this, so I'm pretty sure the answer is no. All you get is a focus frame as of 2.0.

Edit: If EVERYONE in the raid had the mod, it MIGHT be possible through sync'ing.

Last edited by FrankoFranks : 09-13-07 at 08:02 AM.
09-13-07, 08:47 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The mod would have to take your current target and assign the icon to it. It would have to be done outside of combat (ie, *NO* changing symbols during combat), everyone would have to have the mod to be able to sync it, etc. You can't monitor health on a mob that is not your target (or a target of your party members, ToT, etc).

In short, it would be *very* limited and pretty useless.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-13-07, 10:08 AM   #5
Elegantprose
An Aku'mai Servant

ora2 does something similar but not to the detail you want

Set up MT windows for everyone "Tanking/Banishing" and you can keep on top of the health of all the adds in % form.

Mine usually look like this on High King Maulgar kill

MT1 - Steakums - HKM (100%)
MT2 - Thathius - Priest (100%)
MT3 - Nammon - Warlock (100%)
MT4 - Gaucamole - Mage (100%)
MT5 - Momokee - Shaman (100%)

then i have the MA at the bottom
MT6 - Lastexit - (Whatever he is targetting)

Now in the spot that shows MT1-6 you get the raid symbol of the targetted mob and as the health goes down the MT windows show % health left. I know it's not exactly what your looking for but it's really as close as you can get.

Other mod, that is similar again is PerfectTarget but it doesn't show % of health just who's targetting what

Prolly doesn't help but its a option.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Raid Symbol Targeting Mod