11-13-07, 09:04 PM   #141
Nobunda
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Here is a pic of my current problem of the default blizz bars showing up at the bottom of my screen.

As well you can see the errors I have up in the upper left hand corner.
11-13-07, 09:08 PM   #142
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ganders
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change SetCVar("statusBarText","1") to

SetCVar("xpBarText", "1")
SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.
Okay....I'm stuck with just one little problem...I've done absolutely EVERYTHING on here EXCEPT for the DUF_Set.lua thing. There is a DUF_Setup BUT it's an XML file and doesn't go to an .lua file. When I open the DUF_Setup it opens Internet Explorer for some very odd reason. Thus I can't change the "UnitIsCivilian" thing and all that in the DUF. I'd greatly appreciate some help. That's the only thing stopping me from getting MUI to work properly. Also...My comp had decided to JUST NOW download the friggin patch TODAY...botched my free time..
11-13-07, 09:09 PM   #143
Zackadavis
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a lot for your help ganders! I finally have Mazzle up and running properly now!
11-13-07, 09:14 PM   #144
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
To anyone who was too lazy to read the whole thread and find the instructions, here's all you need to do to get a working Mazzle.

1. Open DUF_Set.lua, search for the line UnitIsCivilian and add a -- to the beginning of it.
2. Change the line right under that from elseif (race and sex) to if (race and sex)
3. Open Mazzifier_Configs.lua and change SetCVar("statusBarText","1") to

SetCVar("xpBarText", "1")
SetCVar("playerStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("partyStatusText", "1")
SetCVar("petStatusText", "1")

4. Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.
5. Download anymore updated AddOns you can find, and start WoW.
6. Disable/delete Fizzwidget's TrackMenu.
7. Make sure the Load Out of Date AddOns button is checked.
8. Enter World, and Mazzify. Select the top box labeled "Complete configuration. I want a Mazzlegasm!"
9. If all this works, you should have a fully functional MazzleUI, except for Camera errors, DBM error, Cartographer error and Postal error.

You shouldn't need to rename your WTF folder, but it wouldn't hurt.
Okay, I've done all the above. I did all the coding updated addons, made sure that autobar or fubar didn't get updated. When I updated Fubar vanishes on me..I can still Mazzify but my Discord is still gone, no art or anything. I've tried everything here, specially even went and deleted it all and clean installed multiple times but still having problems with discord. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?
11-13-07, 09:19 PM   #145
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Run WAU, check everything and do Update WITH Externals.

I see this mentioned in a summary of fixes for this release but I was wondernig why I needed to run with externals. I recall reading that Mazzle made a point of not including externals to keep the compilation size down, i was wondernig why we need to load them now?
11-13-07, 09:24 PM   #146
Llydapdicter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
my only issue is when I formed a group, a white box appeared center screen. Pretend you are explaining this to an idiot and please help.
11-13-07, 09:25 PM   #147
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by heavens-reject
Okay....I'm stuck with just one little problem...I've done absolutely EVERYTHING on here EXCEPT for the DUF_Set.lua thing. There is a DUF_Setup BUT it's an XML file and doesn't go to an .lua file. When I open the DUF_Setup it opens Internet Explorer for some very odd reason. Thus I can't change the "UnitIsCivilian" thing and all that in the DUF. I'd greatly appreciate some help. That's the only thing stopping me from getting MUI to work properly. Also...My comp had decided to JUST NOW download the friggin patch TODAY...botched my free time..
Alright. I figured out the DUF "UnitIsCivilian" thing. However, I had to download the DUF Fixed folder from the spot that ganders said to get it from. My dilemma is do I need to have that DUF_Fixed folder in the MUI folder anywhere or does it not matter just as long as it's on my compy?
11-13-07, 09:27 PM   #148
wolverine77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
cant someone upload thier UI that has it working?
11-13-07, 09:33 PM   #149
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Trith
Okay, I've done all the above. I did all the coding updated addons, made sure that autobar or fubar didn't get updated. When I updated Fubar vanishes on me..I can still Mazzify but my Discord is still gone, no art or anything. I've tried everything here, specially even went and deleted it all and clean installed multiple times but still having problems with discord. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?
Get the newest DUF from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7684.html

FuBar does need to be updated, not AutoBar. Make sure you update FuBar WITH externals because the author added a whole bunch of libraries and such to it. If you don't have these, FuBar won't work.

Also DBM is still a big huge mess. I'd suggest using BigWigs until it's updated.

Last edited by ganders : 11-13-07 at 09:35 PM.
11-13-07, 09:35 PM   #150
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Get the newest DUF from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7684.html

Also DBM is still a big huge mess. I'd suggest using BigWigs until it's updated.
I did do that, then entered and removed what was told to be and where it was told to be..but still having the same problems.

Okay, updated fubar now..with everything else and kept autobar off the updates. Yet, now my problem still seems to be Duf I have the lastest version and done what was told. When I party i Get tons of erros images TRY to show for it and I get this white box in my screen too.
11-13-07, 09:36 PM   #151
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nobunda
Here is a pic of my current problem of the default blizz bars showing up at the bottom of my screen.

As well you can see the errors I have up in the upper left hand corner.
Did you update everything with WoW Ace Updater?
11-13-07, 09:36 PM   #152
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fixes only work on one toon but not all toons.

I went through everything and it worked on one of my warlocks, the first toon I logged on to.

But.....I can't get it to work on the rest of my toons no matter what I try.

Anyone have an idea why it would work for one toon and not the other toons??
11-13-07, 09:38 PM   #153
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Different Saved Variables per character? I'd suggest renaming/deleting your old WTF folder and trying again.
11-13-07, 09:39 PM   #154
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Different Saved Variables per character? I'd suggest renaming/deleting your old WTF folder and trying again.
Sorry, been there, done that and it didn't work. In fact it was the first thing I did.

Any more ideas?

Last edited by cowboyathome : 11-13-07 at 09:43 PM.
11-13-07, 09:48 PM   #155
Nobunda
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Did you update everything with WoW Ace Updater?
Yes I did.

Did a fresh restart of Mazzlue 1.1 with the DUF fix... still getting it.

**Edit... gonna try again without putting some of my personal mods and see what happens**

Last edited by Nobunda : 11-13-07 at 09:51 PM.
11-13-07, 09:50 PM   #156
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Then to both of you above me, sorry I'm fresh out of ideas after that.
11-13-07, 09:57 PM   #157
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay, I did another fully clean install. Then added Duf updated my mods and then did the coding logged in works perfectly now. Guess I just might of overlooked something. Thanks for your help.
11-13-07, 09:58 PM   #158
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Then to both of you above me, sorry I'm fresh out of ideas after that.
Well, thanks for your help. Maybe someone else will think of something.
11-13-07, 10:02 PM   #159
Nobunda
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for all your help thus far.. im gonna keep at it til my hair is all gone... then scrap it and try a different UI.
11-13-07, 10:02 PM   #160
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Edit on my post just before this one:

I logged onto my main and there're only a few things out of place. Namely my bags when I open them and they aren't the same color as the bar at the bottom of the screen. Not sure what I'm missing but also the amount of gold, silver, and copper I have is somewhere up in the middle of my screen and my HP bars are also in the middle of the screen as if I were fighting something but they won't go away.

I read the very first two or three pages and saw that someone had deleted/disabled their DBM, Smartbuff and Cartographer things. Do I DELETE or DISABLE those? Also, the person that came up with the beta DBM I can't get to the site. So now I'm stuck around there. I think after these few things are fixed then I'm good to go, if someone could just help me out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.3 & Mazzle