10-17-08, 09:41 PM   #181
whodi
A Kobold Labourer
one feature i loved about Trinity Bars was the ability to have Multiple configurations saved as Templates. I had one set up for PVE and one set up for PVP that would allow me to push one button and have all of my key bindings and buttons set up. I cannot find it in Macaroon atm, is it hiding somewhere?

10-17-08, 10:06 PM   #182
JohnJSal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
@JohnJSal - /mac delete to delete. Set each bar's target to each party member. Then either change the buttons to type "action" where the buttons will "listen" to the target set, or you will have to write your macros with the needed targeting, as macros only take their targeting from macro code.
Well, I don't use macros, I just drag spell icons to the bar slots. Does this mean I have to manually create four separate bars for each party member? And if a change is needed, make that change four times? Or is there a way to make a single "party" bar that is used for each member?

Last edited by JohnJSal : 10-17-08 at 10:09 PM.

10-18-08, 12:31 AM   #183
bossmansmith
A Murloc Raider
so im wondering about the pet bar.

we have 10 ids for pet bar, needing more then that now that we have so many pet abilities.

was thinking of making a bar with 13 buttons using the pet1-10 and 3 others. my question is how can we setup a macro or something that might be able to turn on/off abilities and show that the abilities are on or off?

i tried #show Growl for example but the button ddint change at all for whether on or off.

any ideas

10-18-08, 01:28 AM   #184
PJTMayhem
A Defias Bandit
I like really complex bars, like a paged bar combined with a stance bar. How do you do this in Macaroon?
- Macaroon introduces a new feature call bar linking. This allows for quite complex bar setups not previously available in Trinity Bars 2.0. Trinity Bars 1.0 users may remember all the fun with the header manager :P Well, this is that feature reborn in a MUCH easier to use fashion.
- To create a bar that has multiple states, decide on when you want which bar to show where. Easy enough said and confusing. For example, to replicate the default UI (i.e. a paged bar with a stance bar on page 1) follow these steps-

1) Create two bars, set one to paged and the other to stance.
2) On the stance bar, enter bar config mode (/mac config or left-click the minimap button)
3) Right-click the bar to show the bar editor. At the bottom are some next/prev page arrows, click on either.
4) You will now see some text editable options - Linked To: and Linked State:
5) Select the paged bar from the "Linked To:" drop down.
6) Select "Page 1" from the "Linked State:" drop down.
7) You now have a setup that replicates the default UI. But, we can take it one step further.
8) Once you get all the buttons set up on the paged bar and stance bar (keeping page 1 of the paged bar blank), you can enable "SnapTo" on both bars and then snap them together at their centers. Once done, you will have a setup that works in everyway like the default UI paged/stance combo.
This is mainly what I'd like to do, but I guess I just don't understand what you're saying in this part. Anyway to make it a little more clear?

Or maybe if you can figure out what is going on with the bars becoming unusable after playing with a few settings.

I loved Trinity, and would like to start using this mod, but I guess I just don't totally understand how to make all the different options work to my advantage.

10-18-08, 02:01 AM   #185
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

@Tepetkhet - You need to get Macaroon Xtras and you have to create your own class bar for now. Macaroon will have all the major features of Trinity Bars, it is just still in beta and I have not gotten to them all yet
Maul,

Thanks for your response and, as always, appreciate your hard work!
This is the first time I've ever used a bar mod of any sort and my first time moving away from the default Blizzard UI, so I do not have the experience with Trinity (etc.) that most of these people seem to have.
I actually found and DLed the Macaroon Xtras pack earlier and started fiddling with it. Wow! I think that's exactly what I was looking for.
The one complaint I have with that pack is that there isn't a "bubble skin" for the experience/rep bar to make it replicate the default one.

Can you believe I went from this:

http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/m...nterface02.jpg

...to this:

http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/m...nterface04.jpg

...in one night??

Now I just have to take it out for a spin.
My favourite part of the extras is that now I can MOVE the stupid casting bar! It was always overlapping my Omen window.

Thanks again,

-T.

10-18-08, 03:45 AM   #186
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

Hello, Maul.
I found your Macaroon very useful, but i have big problem!
I spent about 3 hours, trying to do stance-bar for my warrior, and nothing!

PLEASE, write step-by-step manual, with pics - HOW I CAN MAKE warrior stance-bar!

10-18-08, 08:52 AM   #187
SirSwirly
A Defias Bandit
Was wondering...

Outstanding mod. Highly configurable, and very stable. I've been using Trinity since I started playing and I'm even more impressed with Macaroon. Thanks for writing such a useful piece of code.

One thing I was wondering, though, and this may be a bit out of left field: with all the flexibility of this mod, is it possible to make it mimic the functionality of Autobar? If so how would I go about doing that?

10-18-08, 09:13 AM   #188
SirSwirly
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by t_gun View Post
Hello, Maul.
I found your Macaroon very useful, but i have big problem!
I spent about 3 hours, trying to do stance-bar for my warrior, and nothing!

PLEASE, write step-by-step manual, with pics - HOW I CAN MAKE warrior stance-bar!
I think I can help you out with that because I just did it myself. It's not as hard as it seems, so hopefully your demand for pictures won't be necessary

Let's assume you are starting with a completely clean slate, i.e. no Macaroon Bars have yet been created.

PART 1
Step 1: Type "/mac create bar" (spaces included).
Step 2: Right click on the newly created bar and click on the "Buttons" option from the drop down menu that just appeared.
Step 3: Mouse over the new bar and mouse-wheel up to increase the number of buttons to 3.
Step 4: Drag your stance buttons from your spell book into the three newly created buttons.

PART 2
Step 1: Type "/mac create bar" again.
Step 2: Right click on the newly created bar, but this time click the checkbox next to "Stance" then click the "Buttons" option from drop down menu.
Step 3: Mouse over the bar and mouse wheel up until you have the number of buttons you desire.

--Here's where it is a bit tricky if you are not familiar with the program--

Let's say you made the second bar with 10 buttons. Those 10 buttons will correspond to whatever stance your Warrior happened to be in when you made them. For example, if you were in Defensive Stance when you created the second bar and set it to "Stance" those 10 buttons will only appear on your screen when you are in Defensive Stance. This is easily rectifiable, and presumably the reason the mod works this way is so we can have the bar yield a variable number of buttons depending on what stance we're in. Want a setup where you have an 8 button bar in fury, a 10 button bar in arms and a 14 button bar in Defensive? You can do that with this mod.

Luckily, the way to get the buttons to appear in your other stances is very simple.

PART 3

Step 1: When you're done putting the desired number of buttons on your second bar, type "/mac config" to exit the configuration mode.

Step 2: Switch to one of your two remaining stances. The buttons you just made will disappear: that is okay.

Step 3: Type "/mac config" to open configuration mode again. You will see the second bar you had created all the way back in PART 2: Step 1, but it will have no buttons. Right click it, select the "Buttons" option and mouse-wheel up over the bar to add the desired number of buttons.

Step 4: Type "/mac config" to exit configuration mode, and switch to your last remaining stance.

Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4.

Now when you switch stances, the 2nd bar will switch states. You will have to drag your buttons onto each state of the bar separately, but they will persist through the stance switch.

Hope that helped!

10-18-08, 09:33 AM   #189
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
@Dragonsblaze - This is a bug with custom states, I am working on it.
Ooh I can't wait 'till you fix it

I an't multi-box effectively(with my play-style) without it!

10-18-08, 09:46 AM   #190
Rakafu
A Kobold Labourer
I just log in to thank you Maul for this imba addon.

I was highly addicted to Trinity from the first version but, Macaroon is just genius!!

10-18-08, 10:58 AM   #191
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by SirSwirly View Post

Step 2: Right click on the newly created bar, but this time click the checkbox next to "Stance" then click the "Buttons" option from drop down menu.

If I have seen any "stance" word in add-on - there was not a problem for me.
But: where checkbox next to "Stance" ?

Show me it, please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bar.gif
Views:	463
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1977  

10-18-08, 12:51 PM   #192
sohvan
A Murloc Raider
@sohvan - Still scratching my head on this one...and still working on it.
I don't know if this'll be helpful at all, but I found two other keys that won't work as keybinds either. One is the "´" key (Just left of Backspace) and "¨" (just below the previous, left of enter, makes a ^ when used with shift)

If I combine any of the keys with a shift, it'll just show s without any other keybinds as the graphic on the button. I took two screenshots of how it shows on my screen. On the first one the §-keybind doesn't appear on the button at all, and on the second one only the s-part of "s§" appears. Normally the binded key appears in the top-right corner.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keybindbl4.jpg

The keyboard layout I have looks like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KB_Sweden.svg

Last edited by sohvan : 10-18-08 at 01:03 PM.

10-18-08, 01:38 PM   #193
JohnJSal
A Murloc Raider
In addition to my question about duplicating bars so each party member has the same one, what is the "link" option? Is that related to my question or is it something different?

10-18-08, 01:56 PM   #194
bane32
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you for your response.

Thank you for the response Maul. I will wait for the change to take effect. I would like to resume using your mod. Please let us know here on this board when the option of using anything but a mousewheel to add buttons is available. Thank you very much for all the work you do. I can not wait to begin enjoying your program once more.

Bane32

10-18-08, 02:36 PM   #195
highlanderhcs
A Murloc Raider
Nice revision of Trinity. Just one thing. I know that it is still in beta and alot of things need to be tried out and fixed. One thing I would ask,

The Changing of settings using the mouse "scrollwheel" is a nice option, but some of us have setups that dont have scroll wheels. So putting a option of + or - would be nice.

10-18-08, 05:14 PM   #196
SirSwirly
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by t_gun View Post
If I have seen any "stance" word in add-on - there was not a problem for me.
But: where checkbox next to "Stance" ?

Show me it, please
No wonder you were having problems configuring the mod. You appear to be using the Russian version, which, for some reason, does not include the Stance checkbox. In my version it is between the Pet and Paged boxes.

Try downloading the newest English Language version, then following my instructions.

10-18-08, 05:47 PM   #197
JohnJSal
A Murloc Raider
A few questions about Macaroon

Ok, here are my questions consolidated into one post. I hope to get a response soon. I'd really love to use Macaroon, but it seems a bit clunky at times.

1. Is it possible to create a single bar that can then be duplicated for each party member, so that you don't have to create 4 separate, identical bars? If so, is it then possible, when changes are needed, to edit just *one* of these bars and all 4 are updated automatically? It seems silly to have to create 4 different bars, one for each group member, and then when you learn a new spell or something, have to make that change 4 times.

2. Do new ranks of a spell automatically get added to a bar that has that spell on it, or do you have to add the new rank manually?

3. Is it possible to drag and drop spell icons within the bars? This doesn't seem to work, so it's impossible to change the order of the icons without starting over.

4. Related to #3, is it possible to delete spells from a bar? I can't figure out how. All I know to do so far is just replace it with something else, but not actually delete the icon altogether.

5. Is it possible to edit the bars for your party members without having to go into the options and change the "target" from the party member back to "none"? I'd like to be able to edit the bars for my party members without having to ask people to join my group just to do it. But it seems once you've chosen a target such as "party1", then that bar won't appear unless you have a party member, even if you are in edit mode.

Thanks!

P.S. Is there some kind of manual that explains how to use these features? I'm struggling to figure out what everything means.

10-18-08, 11:32 PM   #198
Xeddicus
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SirSwirly View Post
No wonder you were having problems configuring the mod. You appear to be using the Russian version, which, for some reason, does not include the Stance checkbox. In my version it is between the Pet and Paged boxes.

Try downloading the newest English Language version, then following my instructions.
I don't have the stance checkbox either (even with 30000.22.12 from here) and it drove me crazy trying to set up demon form buttons on my warlock. Someone asked how and this is how I did it (this may not be the best way, but it worked...):

1. Create a bar and set it to custom.
2. use [stance:2] in the edit box for the custom stance.
3. Set up the number of buttons.
4. Exit config modes, switch to demon form, quickly fill up the buttons with your skills.

Last edited by Xeddicus : 10-18-08 at 11:34 PM.

10-19-08, 12:12 AM   #199
Cakespoon
A Defias Bandit
Probal ya simple responce but i couldent figure it out, how do you rank down your spells? i have a healer and no mater what rank spell i put in the bars i make they always wind up being turned into my highest rank of that spell.
As in i try to put in rank 12 healing tuch, but it turns into rank 13 when i put it in my bar.
And a nother issue, is it posable to have diffrent key bindings for each form for a druid?
Also Fairy fire (feral) when iput it i na buttion makes a ? icon and wont work.

Last edited by Cakespoon : 10-19-08 at 01:59 AM.

10-19-08, 12:40 AM   #200
mediajunkie
A Kobold Labourer
Pet Bar

I set up a pet bar but I do not see the buttons whenever I summon a water elemental for my mage.

Same thing happened earlier today when I was doing a BWL run and tried to control razorgore and a pet bar wouldn't appear for my warrior.

I've yet to set it up on my priest with mind control yet.

How do I get the pet bar to show the pet ability buttons?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!