04-01-08, 11:34 AM   #221
kemos
A Defias Bandit
Hello,

I've done all upgrades with WAU, and the fix for mazzifier and I still have these errors when I try to "mazzify":

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:409: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'

---

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1406]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

---
04-01-08, 11:45 AM   #222
griffin224
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kemos, looks you missed one of the the Cvar lines from the first error, for the second error, when you mazzify and get to the update addon tab, uncheck DUF, then you should be able to finish. For some reason DUF does not like to play nice with other parts of Mazzle, but you can Mazzify JUST DUF ok.
04-01-08, 11:47 AM   #223
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Griffin224 - thanks for the tip on excluding DUF from the Mazzification. Once I unticked it, Mazzification completed with no errors, but once I re-mazzified, I got that exact same error from DUF.

At least now I have all my addons configured error-free EXCEPT for DUF. The only fly in the ointment is a half-chopped off single icon that remains orphaned at the top-left of the screen underneath the hot-spot area for FuBar so I can't reach it to drag it. I think other folks have mentioned it, so I'll look back for the work-around to shift it.

Oh, is TinyTip broken again? It was working a few days ago but now I get a Fatality as soon as I type /ttip and hit enter - it's complaining about the tinytipoptions addon.
04-01-08, 12:00 PM   #224
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Griffin224 - thanks for the tip on excluding DUF from the Mazzification. Once I unticked it, Mazzification completed with no errors, but once I re-mazzified, I got that exact same error from DUF.

At least now I have all my addons configured error-free EXCEPT for DUF. The only fly in the ointment is a half-chopped off single icon that remains orphaned at the top-left of the screen underneath the hot-spot area for FuBar so I can't reach it to drag it. I think other folks have mentioned it, so I'll look back for the work-around to shift it.
Daniel, to fix your D.U.F., do a Mazzification that is only update add-ons and have ONLY D.U.F. checked.

Oh, is TinyTip broken again? It was working a few days ago but now I get a Fatality as soon as I type /ttip and hit enter - it's complaining about the tinytipoptions addon.
TinyTip IS still kinda broken. Personally I am using the OLD TinyTip and have .svn'd the three TinyTip directories. I keep a copy of the old ones around and attempt to try updating every few days.

Anything else I can help with just holler.

04-01-08, 12:04 PM   #225
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I did do a DUF-only mazzification and got that one bug immediately...
04-01-08, 12:08 PM   #226
griffin224
Premium Member

The only fly in the ointment is a half-chopped off single icon that remains orphaned at the top-left of the screen underneath the hot-spot area for FuBar so I can't reach it to drag it. I think other folks have mentioned it, so I'll look back for the work-around to shift it.
You could temporarily move your Fubar bar(s) to the bottom, move the icon, then move your bar back. Pain in the butt, but should work.
04-01-08, 12:31 PM   #227
kemos
A Defias Bandit
Thanks fot the 2nd error

for the first, I don't understand how I missed one cvar :s I really don't know.
04-01-08, 12:46 PM   #228
griffin224
Premium Member

I would take the unedited line from the OP and do a search for that, if you still get errors, grab the original file and re-edit it VERY CAREFULLY.
04-01-08, 01:00 PM   #229
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by jakgrant View Post
Here's a screen shot, just so people know what probs there are, not sure how many in the screen shot and I've listed are entirely Mazzle though.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~jakgrant1/WoW-Mazzle.jpg

1) When you or some enemy is selected, the text and the health bar, etc, are to the left a little not by a huge amount, but enough. Not a big deal but looks a little untidy. I've tried re-mazzifying, and that doesn't correct it.

2) I've noticed Fubar-Topscore doesn't seem to work. I assume this is an issue with 2.4 damage changes ? Not part of mazzle, but just thought I'd query it, so I can go looking for a Topscore update.

3) Forgot to take a screen shot of this one, but the ATSW for trades. Again I'm sure not part of mazzle ? But as a LW-er, it's a little annoying, cos you have two categories someone has called leather, and ones leather type and one's armor, gah :P

Anyway, I'm sure 2 and 3 aren't mazzle, but 1, maybe, so if any tidying up could be done, would be good.

Oh, it's also really only relevant to this week, but how do we change the clock in Mazzle and the time zone ? I've forgotten, because I'm on the Khaz'goroth realm, and Blizz isn't aware, their time is an hour behind, because Australia actually didn't finish DST when they were meant to.

Thanks in advance,

J.

PS. I was looking through bugsack, and understood finally how errors were reported, because I was using an addon outside of mazzle called recipe radar, which kept giving bugsack errors, but that was because it was missing a lib of some sort called astrolabe.

So, I went back and looked at the bugsack errors that keep getting reported from witch hunt. Now I don't know if someone has mentioned this in the post, but I found out the solution and fixed witch hunt. I've now not got a bugsack error immediately from logging into wow from witch hunt. What I did was look for a copy of LibSink 2.0. I couldn't see it on wowinterface, but found it elsewhere, so downloaded the lib, dumped it in the addon folder, and voila. Working witch hunt. Only prob is I have nfi what witch hunt is. LMAO
Close... 1 + 3 are WoW client issues.. 2 is a due to Fubar_TopScore being a .svn version. to fix (mayproduce other problems) remove the .svn folder and update w/ jwowupdater

Originally Posted by sethgecko View Post
I seem to be the only one who has issues with antagonist .
I can see the enemy casting bar but thats all. Basically all bars that could be seen on the lower right of the HUD are gone. Does any1 has an idea?
A start is to remove the preloader function stuff for now in the same manner as the WitchHunt temp fix in th OP. Lemme know how it works ad I'll look into fixing/replacing the preloader.

Originally Posted by griffin224 View Post
Jak, check the OP, the error you are getting is a preloader error, disable the line mentioned in the preloader/toc in the OP and bang, errors gone and witchhunt works again. Hope this helps.
It's importatnt for me to note this is a temporary solution that returns those mods to a usable state and shouldn't be considered a final solution.

Originally Posted by jakgrant View Post
No, I know this, and it's been covered. The point I was making, and up above, was that I thought I'd found the witch hunt problem, because the Lib sink 2 library wasn't included in the witch hunt package, and the Lib sink 2 file was what causing some of the initial witch hunt problems. I checked myself through bug sack. But then I got the new errors for witch hunt after I included the lib.

As to OP ? I have no idea what OP is.
I was tripped up by that line of thinking at first too. Then I remembered the way other programming languages reports errors, dumping the error stack/trace. If you look at the first line of the error, the originating call is from !!MazzleUI_Preloader/!!MazzleUI_Preloader.lua or something like that... The rest of the info traces the call back to it's origin. the most likely place for the error to have occurred is the line given. Second most likely is within the function called based on the data it was called with. This will be in the code for the called function at the last line given.

Sorry about the OP abbreviation... I forget I've been on the tubes a long time and tend to abbreviate more than I should.

Originally Posted by Llydapdicter View Post
I hate my computer. Cannot open a .toc file =( so cannot use JWow and I really really want too, lol.

Trying it with just notepad.... if this works we know two things, I am lucky and I am not good with computers.
When in doubt try notpad. It won't break anything and it may just work.

Don't mean to harp, just offering a suggestion - OP = Original Post. I doubted it at first and tried about 50 different things to get Witch Hunt to work and stop erroring. (I love it for tanking, makes it easy to interrupt that way.) Finally I broke down and removed the line in pre-loader and VOILA! WitvhHunt works great now. I Like you was positive it was a library error, but none of my tinkering worked.

Peneth, did you try deleting the line in Preloader.toc like the OP suggests? Would guess that will fix your witchhunt problem.

Daniel, you are not crazy, well not completely anyways. I have had the same issue for a LONG time. Do a mazzifcation, but try UNCHECKING Discord in the addon update panel, Mazzification should complete, then run just a DUF update, that should work, it is how I have been doing it for awhile now.
sounds like you guys are missing bits of DeTards updates/patches... I haven't had any issues with DUF since his updates. Though it's nice ot know the issue isn't new in 2.4...

Originally Posted by Banalina902 View Post
I disabled LightHeaded after that last big patch break and learned to live without it. How does that affect the fix shown above?
I think the old .svn nQuestLog will still work but you will get errors with any new quest that was added after that version of nQuestlog.

If you update both nQuestLog and LightHeaded as directed, you will regain full functionality in those addons.
04-01-08, 01:02 PM   #230
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
Notepad++ works great for editing text files. Its free and it numbers the lines and has a pretty robust search feature. When editing text files though be smart, have a back up.
04-01-08, 01:22 PM   #231
Phanes
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'd just wait for one big fix tbh. Doing these little fixes here and there seem to just mess things up further. I won't even remazzify right now because of the all the problems on the first page from people who have remazzified.

The UI might be the same programming for all, but for some reason, fixes have different effects. The UI is broken. I say either remove it completely, or play with it broken until a huge fix is published. Although, I have no clue if one is being developed.

Where is Detard?
04-01-08, 01:24 PM   #232
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by kemos View Post
Thanks fot the 2nd error

for the first, I don't understand how I missed one cvar :s I really don't know.
A few people now have missed that same line... I think it's due to my poor writing... I combined the two like lines into a single step. That line is the second one listed. Following the steps as they are read, as any one not proficient in the skill they are reading instructions for, results in missing that part of the step. I do the same thing sometimes. Usually, not while programming but, sometimes I get ahead of myself.
04-01-08, 01:26 PM   #233
griffin224
Premium Member

Aethenelle (hope I spelled that right) I have been seeing a few people with the DUF error, and it is mostly confined to a new mazzification from what I have seen.
04-01-08, 01:38 PM   #234
Demonina
A Defias Bandit
Quick question: DUF = Discord Unit Frame?

Oh, and how to turn off the healthbar over everything when mazzified as a priest? All variations of the key V are bound to spells...

Last edited by Demonina : 04-01-08 at 01:43 PM.
04-01-08, 01:52 PM   #235
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Demonina View Post
Quick question: DUF = Discord Unit Frame?

Oh, and how to turn off the healthbar over everything when mazzified as a priest? All variations of the key V are bound to spells...
Yes, D.U.F. = Discord Unit Frames

Try using NameToggleFu or the interafec option in Blizz's user interface.
04-01-08, 01:57 PM   #236
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
I'd just wait for one big fix tbh. Doing these little fixes here and there seem to just mess things up further. I won't even remazzify right now because of the all the problems on the first page from people who have remazzified.

The UI might be the same programming for all, but for some reason, fixes have different effects. The UI is broken. I say either remove it completely, or play with it broken until a huge fix is published. Although, I have no clue if one is being developed.

Where is Detard?
Yes, I'm working on a patch to implement these fixes and turn the kludges into proper fixes. It will take some time as there are many things to fix and proper fixes for some of them are less than trivial. Applying some of these fixes is entirely optional as a couple are less than trivial. A few, like the WitchHunt workaround, are fairly required in some form or another for the UI to be semi usable in the near term.

I can agree that if mazzification is not needed at this time and you're not technically inclined, it's probably not a good idea.

At this time, w/ the fixes mentioned I can remazzify my priest w/out error so it may work fine.

Last edited by Aethenelle : 04-01-08 at 03:50 PM.
04-01-08, 01:59 PM   #237
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Yes, D.U.F. = Discord Unit Frames

Try using NameToggleFu or the interafec option in Blizz's user interface.
Those bars are either Aloft (the options are on the first options page i think...) or the bars created by the default UI (Alt-V toggles iirc)
04-01-08, 02:09 PM   #238
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
Yes, I'm working on a patch to implement these fixes and turn the kludges into proper fixes. It will take some time as there are many things to fix and proper fixes for some of them are less than trivial. Applying some of these fixes is entirely optional as a couple are less than trivial. A few, like the WitchHunt workaround, are fairly required in some form or another for the UI to be semi usable in the near term.

I can agree that if mazzification is not needed at this time and you're not technically inclined, it's probably not a good idea.
Aethenelle, firstly, you rock! Secondly, I am game to help with anything you wanna try testing out, I am relatively saavy at reseting my Mazzle if need be, and I am a file pack-rat, so I have back ups of ALOT of it. Just holler at me for anything you need/want help with. Especialyl looking forward to Bongos3 integration. I use it now, but would be awesome to have mazzle mazzify it again.
04-01-08, 02:32 PM   #239
kemos
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
A few people now have missed that same line... I think it's due to my poor writing... I combined the two like lines into a single step. That line is the second one listed. Following the steps as they are read, as any one not proficient in the skill they are reading instructions for, results in missing that part of the step. I do the same thing sometimes. Usually, not while programming but, sometimes I get ahead of myself.
ok it works fine x) Thanks

but now, new problem T_T

I've reset my chat windows to have the new combat log but.. now, I can't resize my chat window :'(
04-01-08, 03:01 PM   #240
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by kemos View Post
ok it works fine x) Thanks

but now, new problem T_T

I've reset my chat windows to have the new combat log but.. now, I can't resize my chat window :'(
Woot! conformation of a working mazzify... now all we need is someone on a fresh install...

On the chatwindow and combat log thing.... I found a replacement for SCL called Combat Filter it's an Ace mod. I'd thought i mentioned it but I guess not... It'll have to be hand configured for now and the filters don't work quite as well (or I haven't figured them out) as SCL's but it'll pipe it's filter data to any chat window you want (read windows 6 and 7).

Also, though it may no longer be needed, grab ChatSettingsFix from here on wowint. It'll fix those stupid chat settings not being kept issues. (might not be needed in 2.4.1)

I'll edit the OP to include this info.

Aethenelle (hope I spelled that right) I have been seeing a few people with the DUF error, and it is mostly confined to a new mazzification from what I have seen.
If you manage to hunt it down fully let me know... I'm gonna work on compiling the fixes so far and working on more permanent fixes for the workarounds.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread