12-20-08, 07:40 PM   #101
cesar_haro
A Defias Bandit
hey Mikey2k, I just installed your Fresh UI since it was looking so cool but for some reason I'm not able to get it the way you were showing it in the pictures. I did follow your instructions step by step and I even uninstall it and did it again multiple times but can't get it to work like yours. Here is a pic, maybe it can help.

I use the widescreen version and my resolution is 1920 x 1200. I don't get those 2 windows you mention in your instructions of Hitsmode 1 and 2. I also have that window on top of my minimap showing the time, fps and I can't get it out of the way at all. There is also the MBF window and thise disorganize icons you see on the right bottom corner.
12-20-08, 08:55 PM   #102
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hi, looking at your screen shot, you are using an older verson of freshui as the new one does not have minimap button frame or nquestlog. you need to go back to the main page and download the new version 3.0

then i would suggest you delete your wft, interface and cache folders before installing the new ones contained in the .rar file

this should fix all your problems as with the old version you are using out of date addons and will not get what i have posted in the pictures

hope this helps, message back if you are having problems
12-21-08, 01:57 PM   #103
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by mikey2k View Post
hi, looking at your screen shot, you are using an older verson of freshui as the new one does not have minimap button frame or nquestlog. you need to go back to the main page and download the new version 3.0

then i would suggest you delete your wft, interface and cache folders before installing the new ones contained in the .rar file

this should fix all your problems as with the old version you are using out of date addons and will not get what i have posted in the pictures

U say work mazlle i think not work i like mazzle beacuse this addons automaticly make bar u fixed mazifer ?? some one fixed mazifer ?
12-21-08, 03:24 PM   #104
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
no, i havent fixed the mazzifier. this ui does require some setup but when finished you end up with a ui thats very close to mazzleui.

so if you do not want to make some effort and set this ui up then im affraid its not for you.

i have made every point of saying that this was a temporary fix until mazzleui was fixed and keep it updated because a few people had expressed they missed the ui. tbh i have since moved on and as of now am working on recreating urk ui that some people may remember from discord ui builder

which after i ask permission i may release
12-23-08, 12:21 PM   #105
agshadowman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Same problems as Cesar but with non-widescreen

Hi Mikey2k, first many thanks for spending the time to help us Mazzle addictee's out. I'm having the same install issues as Cesar above but with the Normal mode (1600x1200). I have version 2.1. Is there something I could do to fix or perhaps I could try installing v3 of the widescreen and manually fix it with some instructions? Or, is v3 normal going to be out today/tomorrow?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks again for all your time.
12-23-08, 02:25 PM   #106
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by agshadowman View Post
Hi Mikey2k, first many thanks for spending the time to help us Mazzle addictee's out. I'm having the same install issues as Cesar above but with the Normal mode (1600x1200). I have version 2.1. Is there something I could do to fix or perhaps I could try installing v3 of the widescreen and manually fix it with some instructions? Or, is v3 normal going to be out today/tomorrow?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks again for all your time.
hi, sorry been doing my last bits of xmas shopping and travelling between family members dropping them off.

freshui 3.0 normal and others modes will probably be up tomorrow as i now have some spare time on my hands.

i originaly put out the widescreen one first so that i could address any issues that may have come up before releasing the other few versions, but ill hit the grind stone and get these versions released.

with the idea of using version 3.0 widescreen and adapting it to other res computers, i would hold off a day, it will save you all a few hours of aligning panels and scaling unit frames to fit. where playing with these on a daily basis i can pretty much get it done in a few minutes
12-23-08, 02:53 PM   #107
agshadowman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fantastic! Thanks again and although I'll appreciate the new release I'd prefer you put family first.

Merry Christmas!
12-24-08, 09:36 AM   #108
agshadowman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
tbh i have since moved on and as of now am working on recreating urk ui that some people may remember from discord ui builder

which after i ask permission i may release
Cloud you comment more on your work with urk? I haven't heard of this and only found one thread that had a few very old screen shots. Do you like urk better than FreshUI? What are the pros/cons? Thanks!

p.s. looking forward to that v3 update of FreshUI Normal today!
12-25-08, 01:52 AM   #109
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Cloud you comment more on your work with urk? I haven't heard of this and only found one thread that had a few very old screen shots. Do you like urk better than FreshUI? What are the pros/cons? Thanks!

freshui 3.0 is now up fo normal modes of 800x600, 1024x768, 1600x1200

please post here if ther are any issues, thanks guys and enjoy!

merry xmas
12-25-08, 01:03 PM   #110
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant

sorry i was asked to comment on my recreation of urk ui. its not going to be anywhere as big as freshui. what i plan to do is provide the artwork and a base set of addons. the plan is that it is not going to break when its updated eith using curse updater or wowmatrix or just ownloading addons here and adding them.

i think people got to used to having everything done for them with mazzleui, and while very good it takes the satisfaction out of building a ui.

well heres a picture of where i am at the moment. i dont mind people adding comments to this, i would atually prefer to know what you all think, as its for you lot as much as me.

12-25-08, 02:59 PM   #111
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
Artwork looks good and everything looks really clean. One question from the looks of the party pictures this ui won't have the 3d models that you have in freshui. If that is the case will it be possible to add Zmobdb myself or would that break the ui/need a lot of setting up? I like how you got the minimap buttons more organized too that helps tidy it up a bit. Will you be using Dominos,hitsmode etc. or are you gonna try something new?

Sorry for all the questions but it looks like this ui is gonna look great when it's finished and i'll definately give it a test run to compare it to freshui.
12-25-08, 03:23 PM   #112
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
Hey Mikey I just got a new screen and it's Native Resolution is 1920x1080. Is there any way I can change the scaling myself or is it something you would have to do as I have tried both the Widescreen and Non-widescreen versions but neither fit the screen properly

It's mainly Duf is out of alignment and Zmob models are off center and when I target someone I can't right click them to trade/inspect or w/e and as you can see the skin is short on both sides.

Last edited by Bens : 12-25-08 at 04:14 PM.
12-25-08, 04:02 PM   #113
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
1920x1080, i work out what this needs as my monitor doesnt have this resolution, if anyone else knows please post

is it widescreen or not?
12-25-08, 04:25 PM   #114
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
It's not an actual monitor but is a HD tv but when I calculated the aspect ratio it came out at 1.77. Not sure if that helps or not. It doesn't say anywhere on the box that it's widescreen but I really am not sure.
12-25-08, 06:39 PM   #115
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
16:9 is this. True TV Resolution. Widescreen PC is 16:10
12-25-08, 07:21 PM   #116
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Bens View Post
Hey Mikey I just got a new screen and it's Native Resolution is 1920x1080. Is there any way I can change the scaling myself or is it something you would have to do as I have tried both the Widescreen and Non-widescreen versions but neither fit the screen properly

It's mainly Duf is out of alignment and Zmob models are off center and when I target someone I can't right click them to trade/inspect or w/e and as you can see the skin is short on both sides.

ok that should be enough info for me to sort something out, ill look at recreating the ui for you, if not ill send you a mail on how to fix
12-25-08, 08:35 PM   #117
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
ok should be sorted bens, i have pm'ed you but just incase.

there is a patch in the optional files part of the freshui widescreen version.
try this and let me know how you got on
12-25-08, 09:42 PM   #118
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks very much Mikey I will try this in the next hour and let you know (once the files are there to download that is I couldn't see them yet so i'm guessing I gotta wait for wowinterface to verify the upload?). I appreciate you helping me out so fast especially with it being christmas and all.

EDIT:

Mikey you are the man worked perfectly :

Only thing I had to do differently was /dom click on configure bars and right click the bars I use to change the spacing to 0 and scale to my liking as they had big gaps between buttons. Might be worth adding to the install readme file in case people are unsure as how to do this.
I do have a few bug reports for you but these have been happening with every install of fresh ui so they're NOT related to the patch you uploaded.

2008/12/26 13:23:42-88-x4]: Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: Usage: UnitCanAttack("unit", "otherUnit"):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: in function `UnitPopup_HideButtons':
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:180: in function `UnitPopup_ShowMenu':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1104: in function `initFunction'
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:51: in function `UIDropDownMenu_Initialize':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1094: in function `DUF_UnitPopup_OnLoad'
<string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <[string "*:OnLoad"]:1>

[2008/12/26 13:23:48-88-x1]: ItemRackFu-2.0.9785\Core.lua:92: attempt to call global 'ItemRack_GetUserSets' (a nil value)
FuBarPlugin-2.0-90006:352: in function `Update'
FuBarPlugin-2.0-90006:551: in function `Show'
FuBar-3.0.90012\FuBar.lua:970: in function `LoadPlugin'
FuBar-3.0.90012\FuBar.lua:1094: in function `object_method'
LibRockTimer-1.0-90232 (FuBar):289: in function <...Ons\FuBar\libs\LibRockTimer-1.0\LibRockTimer-1.0.lua:227>

2008/12/26 13:23:48-88-x1]: ItemRackFu-2.0.9785\Core.lua:92: attempt to call global 'ItemRack_GetUserSets' (a nil value)

Not sure what's up with itemrack but it has something to do with the fubar plugin every time I right click to open itemrack menu it spits errors and the window doesn't open and yet the minimap button works fine. When you left click the Fubar icon it says in the chat window it requires Ver. 1.83 or higher to use this plugin. I tried the newest Itemrack version on a previous install about a week ago but there was still errors. As for the first error I have no idea what that is but as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to affect gameplay any so I have just ignored it but I should really mention it in case it is something people want fixed.

Again I can't thank you enough for fixing this for me as once I get my other addons installed I feel right at home as if Mazzle never broke =D

Last edited by Bens : 12-26-08 at 12:38 AM.
12-26-08, 01:32 AM   #119
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
One small issue I found when I stated questing. When I apply my weapon imbues there are 2 icons that show up near the top right of the screen ( red box in SS ) and I don't know how to get rid of em as they were never there before. I checked Dominos and DUF and unless I missed something it's neither of those. Any ideas? Thanks.

12-26-08, 03:57 AM   #120
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you are dual wielding, it's your weapon buff frames. /duf ... and try unlocking elements to move them (carefully). Unless you or Mikey have a different buff/debuff mod, that's your likely culprit.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Freshui - Mazzle wannabe