06-11-13, 08:34 AM   #1721
ritsbits
A Defias Bandit
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but with RealUI's minimap active, I don't see the new mail icon present when mail arrives. If I disable the minimap addon, it shows up on blizzard's default. Is there an option set to hide it or something? I replaced grid/clique with Vuhdo, installed Auctioneer, and both of their icons display correctly around the minimap...

06-11-13, 09:18 AM   #1722
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ritsbits View Post
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but with RealUI's minimap active, I don't see the new mail icon present when mail arrives. If I disable the minimap addon, it shows up on blizzard's default. Is there an option set to hide it or something? I replaced grid/clique with Vuhdo, installed Auctioneer, and both of their icons display correctly around the minimap...
You get a mail icon in the info line at the bottom if you receive new mail.

Regards

06-11-13, 09:21 AM   #1723
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by high55555 View Post
Ah ya, thanks. The problem with the sound files seems to be a dbm issue and I can use the skinning option and reorganize the bars, too.

One another question. What means the vertical bar right beside the castbar in the HUD if you play a restoration druid? Or is there anywhere a list with the function of this special bar for every class? For a balance druid it is clear but I have no idea what this means for a resto druid.

Regards
I think that bar tracks Harmony.

06-11-13, 11:04 AM   #1724
ritsbits
A Defias Bandit
You get a mail icon in the info line at the bottom if you receive new mail.

Regards
Ah, thanks!

06-13-13, 03:12 PM   #1725
Bungie
A Murloc Raider
What would be the difficulty required and things I should look for in converting the playermana module from Icehud to work with nibIcehud?

06-13-13, 03:13 PM   #1726
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Bungie View Post
What would be the difficulty required and things I should look for in converting the playermana module from Icehud to work with nibIcehud?
Probably can't be done at this point. Everything to do with Unit handling has been removed from nibIceHUD. nibIceHUD was really designed purely with buff/debuff tracking in mind, so a lot has been rewritten towards that goal.

06-13-13, 03:17 PM   #1727
Bungie
A Murloc Raider
I really like the general layout of everything with how this has been set up for RealUI with nibIcehub and figure I might as well teach myself LUA eventually versus going through the pain of properly configuring Icehud to look the same. If end up with a working module I will make sure to submit it to one of you guys then.

As a sidebar just from what I can see in IceUnitBar.lua it looks like you stripped out a bunch of stuff that would be required to make resources an available bar?

Last edited by Bungie : 06-13-13 at 03:26 PM.

06-13-13, 04:11 PM   #1728
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Bungie View Post
As a sidebar just from what I can see in IceUnitBar.lua it looks like you stripped out a bunch of stuff that would be required to make resources an available bar?
Correct. It's been yeears since I did the modifications, though, so I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

06-13-13, 06:10 PM   #1729
Blademartial
A Kobold Labourer
Loving this UI! Seriously. Huge kudos, thank you for making it, supporting it, reading the forums about it, all around, thank you!

I have encountered a weird issue: Did a faction/server change and was forced to change my character name, made it the same but instead, it's not "Bladèmartial" instead of "Blademartial." After logging him in, RealUI popped up with the "blackened" background screen and the install button. I click install, and UI goes back to loading screen, then after 20sec or so, comes right back to the "blackened" screen and the install button. None of my other characters have ASCII characters and this is the only toon I'm having issues with.

Created a new toon, same server, using same individual ASCII character in the same location (different letters/name), no issues after the initial installation.

Deleted the Character-in-questions' toon folder in WTF, relogged that character ingame, re-did the initial installation of the UI for that toon, and VOILA! Problem solved! Just wanted to pass this along.

TL;DR - If you have RealUI installed, change faction/name, Delete the Character's folder in WTF/Account/Servername/XXXXX and re-install the UI when you log into the toon!

06-13-13, 07:43 PM   #1730
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Goku: I'm not ready for this.
Master Roshi: You are the only one who can do it.

All the best on v8, Nib!

06-13-13, 07:47 PM   #1731
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Goku: I'm not ready for this.
Master Roshi: You are the only one who can do it.

All the best on v8, Nib!
Shouldn't be too long now.

06-13-13, 08:27 PM   #1732
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hey Nib.

Another thing I can think of that I really don't think works out well with realui7, is the damage meter. Now I understand a lot of people don't need all of the extra options skada provides you, but the healing meters from aldamagemeter aren't accurate. If you were to compare it to a skada, or recount meter, even a world of logs meter online.... its completely off. The damage meter itself seems fine. I'm thinking about switching back to skada when I get home sometime tonight, and I hope that the old config for skada is still available. So it looks nice and all! Now if your thinking of keeping aldamage meter in for realui8, I would love the pre configured skada look and config to still be available if thats at all possible. It would be awesome.

BTW.... SUPER excited for realui8. Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Thanks

Gloks

Last edited by Gloks : 06-13-13 at 10:06 PM.

06-14-13, 03:38 AM   #1733
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
My guess for the healing discrepancy between alDamage and else is it's likely absorbs. Mists added a lot of different absorb spells: BrM Monks have some, Pallys have some, even Prot Warrs have one. There are also a few procs from trinkets, set bonuses, etc. that give absorb shields. To have anything even close to accurate you would have to take all of this into account.

The big difference in this regard between Skada (for example) and alDamage is this; Skada creates a list of absorb spells "on the fly" based on CLEU data, while alDamage has a hardcoded list that would need to be updated every time a new absorb spell is added.

Skada is more future-proof, but alDamage uses less resources (in theory, i haven't tested).

06-14-13, 08:27 PM   #1734
FiesesAlien
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey!

The UI is the best ive saw in YEARS! Also made my first UI-Showup (german) on my YT-Account but now i have a problem after nearly a week testing.

When i roll on equipment i cant check normally, i always need to pop up my characters-screen and manually check the equipment. It is extremely time gnawing... Can somebody help with that?

Stay crunchy
FiesesAlien

06-14-13, 08:50 PM   #1735
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by FiesesAlien View Post
Hey!

The UI is the best ive saw in YEARS! Also made my first UI-Showup (german) on my YT-Account but now i have a problem after nearly a week testing.

When i roll on equipment i cant check normally, i always need to pop up my characters-screen and manually check the equipment. It is extremely time gnawing... Can somebody help with that?

Stay crunchy
FiesesAlien
If you hold down Shift while holding your cursor over an item, it should show your equipped items in comparison.

06-14-13, 10:06 PM   #1736
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
If you don't want to hold the shift Key you can use the simple Addon "moncai compare", it compares your items with loot or items in your inventory and so on. Works fine with Real UI.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/moncaicompare

Last edited by high55555 : 06-14-13 at 10:09 PM.

06-14-13, 10:09 PM   #1737
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am very happy with the UI now but there's one question left. Are there any options available for the damage meter? e.g. healing meter? Or a switch for the last fight damage or in total?

Regards

06-15-13, 12:00 AM   #1738
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I am very happy with the UI now but there's one question left. Are there any options available for the damage meter? e.g. healing meter? Or a switch for the last fight damage or in total?

Regards
Just right click the damage meter.

06-15-13, 05:37 AM   #1739
Unnuetz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Shouldn't be too long now.
By the way: very promising icon this -> ...

06-15-13, 07:04 AM   #1740
FiesesAlien
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
If you hold down Shift while holding your cursor over an item, it should show your equipped items in comparison.

Yeah but i do use shift-key, it doesnt show my equipped item(s)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI