11-22-12, 03:20 PM   #1
Cheapy
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite of old is gone forever!

Sadly the Carbonite we have all come to love is gone forever. Here we are 2 months into MoP and Carbonite is still broken. We still have quests that are not showing up and still no data base for mining and herbalism. These are some of the biggest and most used functions of this addon but the new author doesn't seem to care about getting them working. I know you have ideas for how you want to change Carbonite but it would be nice if it was working right before making the new changes.

11-22-12, 04:38 PM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have a car that is really broken, the last thing you want to do is do the paint-job then start on the serious repairs. In this case the paint-job is the broken quest system and the internal parts (that are being worked on first) is the stuff behind the scenes you don't see. Point is, the internal parts need to be fixed before you go on the upper layers because it's like a pyramid and it's pointless to fix the top layers if you have to completely rework the groundwork.

Sadly this assumption that devs don't care about front-end stuff, is something that will always exist, not everyone is knowledgeable enough to understand what happens behind the scenes, really for now just be happy it even works. He is doing what the original devs should have done long ago, it's a lot of heavy restoration going on.

11-22-12, 04:39 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Please don't feed the troll.

11-22-12, 07:50 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
He's not the first, nor will he be the last who complains... I knew what I was getting into just from reading the forums beforehand.

Thankfully it doesn't bother me, if someone isn't happy with my work or how things are going there's a whole slew of other addons they can use instead.

11-23-12, 01:12 AM   #5
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
He's not the first, nor will he be the last who complains... I knew what I was getting into just from reading the forums beforehand.

Thankfully it doesn't bother me, if someone isn't happy with my work or how things are going there's a whole slew of other addons they can use instead.
I for one, and im sure others like me, am glad these types of post dont dig into you. It was/is a BIG job reworking the carbonite code to bring it up to optimal level, even with the GPL. So from me and all the others that aren't complaining (hell even those that are cause they are still obviously still using it), Thank you once again.

11-23-12, 07:42 AM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Please don't feed the troll.

11-23-12, 09:31 AM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Snowball fight!

11-23-12, 04:17 PM   #8
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Snowball fight!

so sad, i half expected you to put one of them with a bazooka

11-28-12, 06:42 PM   #9
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Cheapy View Post
Sadly the Carbonite we have all come to love is gone forever. Here we are 2 months into MoP and Carbonite is still broken. We still have quests that are not showing up and still no data base for mining and herbalism. These are some of the biggest and most used functions of this addon but the new author doesn't seem to care about getting them working. I know you have ideas for how you want to change Carbonite but it would be nice if it was working right before making the new changes.
THose may be the most used features for you. I find the current version of Carbonite works very well, and is more stable than Carbonite has been since Burning Crusade.

11-30-12, 11:07 AM   #10
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I agree with ezarra... although MOP area is hit or miss with Carbonite, Rythal has done very well with providing us with a working version of Carbonite as he digs deeper and brings this addon up to current game content. We must all be patient and allow Rythal to proceed at his own pace.

As for missing quests in MOP and other areas... might I suggest using a questing addon. WOWPro is free and works quite well with Carbonite. OR if you wish and have the funds, you can purchase either Zygor leveling guide or Dugi leveling Guide and that gives you the ability to continue questing those areas.... Both of those guides also work quite well in combination with Carbonite.

Rythal, thank you again for all your hard work and for your continued endeavers on Carbomite. I am lost without the Carbonite maps, Questwatch list and warehouse features. There are MANY users of Carbonite and they don't normally post to say thank you... all you see are the negative complainers posting. Please don't let them discourage you. You have many supporters out here in cyberland who are content to wait.

12-01-12, 02:13 PM   #11
Wyldekat
A Murloc Raider
ffs... the guys name says it all...

12-01-12, 02:47 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Stop necroing old dead threads guys, please.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite of old is gone forever!