03-26-17, 04:01 PM   #1
Layback_
An Onyxian Warder
Would COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE be reasonable event to check secondary stat changes?

Hi all,

Title says pretty much all.

I am trying to add some features to track and display in text for (ONLY) player's secondary stats like haste, crit chance, mastery, multistrike and etc in percentage as well as it's actual numerical value but ain't sure whether it is reasonable to use or not cause there are about 30 different combat ratings exists in WoW.

Would COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE be a okay to utilize for this case?

Thank you!

Last edited by Layback_ : 03-26-17 at 04:17 PM.
03-26-17, 07:27 PM   #2
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since it fires on every single combat rating change, IMO i would only use that event if I was making a frame that was constantly on the screen to show live rating amounts to track changes with buffs, procs etc, or if I wanted to track what the absolute highest value of a rating I could achieve with different procs and buffs.

I'm sure that there are other completely valid uses for the event, but that is what I would use it for.

If you just wanted to show what your current ratings are when you display a frame or whatever, I would just build the call into that particular display function.
03-26-17, 09:22 PM   #3
Layback_
An Onyxian Warder
Hi briskman3000,

Your first example is exactly what I am trying to create with

Guess I can use it then!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Would COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE be reasonable event to check secondary stat changes?