08-18-09, 07:52 PM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Player Info

I'm digging this auto group/raid switching... I love this UI!

I can't find this one thing. I've gone through the GUI addon, the website, and tried searching here but not sure what to search for. It's where the Location & Time is below the window. Whenever I mouse over an NPC/Player it gives me their info there and shows 100% "Talent". How can I get rid of talent, and even the 100%. Don't really care to know they are 100%.

Does the tooltip have any customizing? Kinda like we can do with tiptac?

08-18-09, 08:21 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
As Scott pointed it out in reply to another post that isn't exactly a tooltip. Its coded specifically to give that information and isn't flexible as far as I understood.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-19-09, 04:29 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Xrystal is mostly correct... that is not a tooltip, it's an actual unit frame for the mouseover target and gives you all of the info a unit frame normally would including raid icons, auras, etc.

On the face of it, Xrystal is correct that it's not very flexible. However, it is also completely flexible if you're willing to get into the configuration files for nUI and muck around in the layout of the unit frame. You can add and remove pretty much any element you want, but you'll have to get dirty to do it.

The file in question is [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > UnitPanels > {panel mode} > nUI_UnitSkin_{panel mode}_Mouseover.lua ] which defines what the mouseover unit frame looks like. You can add and remove pretty much any unit frame element you like if you know what you're doing in there.

That said, it's not a trivial task and nUI 6.0 should make it much easier.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-19-09, 07:08 PM   #4
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Xrystal is mostly correct... that is not a tooltip, it's an actual unit frame for the mouseover target and gives you all of the info a unit frame normally would including raid icons, auras, etc.

On the face of it, Xrystal is correct that it's not very flexible. However, it is also completely flexible if you're willing to get into the configuration files for nUI and muck around in the layout of the unit frame. You can add and remove pretty much any element you want, but you'll have to get dirty to do it.

The file in question is [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > UnitPanels > {panel mode} > nUI_UnitSkin_{panel mode}_Mouseover.lua ] which defines what the mouseover unit frame looks like. You can add and remove pretty much any unit frame element you like if you know what you're doing in there.

That said, it's not a trivial task and nUI 6.0 should make it much easier.
Yep found it. Thanks a ton! Looking forward to 6.0.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Player Info