07-07-07, 08:20 AM   #1
Balsta
Need Assistance with a complex macro.

I have been been trying to figure out how to pull the raid target icon info from a mob.
eg you can pull target info with %t and info on your focus with %f.

The reason I am asking is I use a macro for shackles and use the %f in the announce part of the macro. which is fine but it doesn't really help people to know who I am shackling in a group of mobs with all the same name. I also will switch targets after mine is down to assist with a trap etc.

Code:
/script smsg="<<<Shackling  %f You Break it you take it!>>>"; if (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then SendChatMessage(smsg,"RAID") elseif (GetNumPartyMembers() > 0) then SendChatMessage(smsg,"PARTY") end
/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead(Rank 3)
What I would like to happen in chat is <<<Shackling "raidicon" you break it you take it!>>

I hope all that mubbling made sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and effort.
07-08-07, 10:56 PM   #2
Balsta
Is this even possible guys?
07-09-07, 12:46 AM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I went browsing through the API's list of UnitID's and I couldn't find anything.

I don't think Blizz has given us this ability yet, but I think it would be a good one. Unless someone updates and educates us, I'd suggest posting in the official Macros & UI Forum requesting it.

07-09-07, 08:44 AM   #4
Balsta
Thank you for your time and I will go do that today.
07-09-07, 01:40 PM   #5
chriswa
A Murloc Raider

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetRaidTargetIndex
07-09-07, 05:32 PM   #6
chriswa
A Murloc Raider

Yep, this works perfectly.
/script ri={'Star','Circle','Diamond','Triangle','Moon','Square','X','Skull','Unmarked'} DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(ri[GetRaidTargetIndex("raid1") or 9])

Something like this maybe?
/script ri={'Star','Circle','Diamond','Triangle','Moon','Square','X','Skull'};smsg="<<<Sheeping "..(ri[GetRaidTargetIndex('focus')] or UnitName('focus')).." You Break it you take it!>>>"; if (GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then SendChatMessage(smsg,"RAID") elseif (GetNumPartyMembers() > 0) then SendChatMessage(smsg,"PARTY") end
/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead(Rank 3)

Last edited by chriswa : 07-09-07 at 09:16 PM.
07-09-07, 11:39 PM   #7
Balsta
Finaly got it to work. This needs a focus target to function.

/cast [target=focus,]Shackle Undead
/run local g,r="PARTY",{"STAR","CIRCLE","DIAMOND","TRIANGLE","MOON","SQUARE","CROSS","SKULL"} if GetNumRaidMembers()>0 then g="RAID" end SendChatMessage("SHACKLING.."..r[GetRaidTargetIndex("focus")],g)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Need Assistance with a complex macro.