05-10-15, 01:58 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 5/10: WoWQR (new)

WoWQR:

Would you like a quick and easy way to look up items, quests, players and more while playing? Do you have a QR code scanner app installed on your mobile phone or tablet? If you answered "yes" to both questions (or are looking for an excuse to install a QR scanner app), then WoWQR is the addon for you! Since addons can't open links in your browser, this is the next best thing. WoWQR generates a QR code for you to scan with your phone and then visit Wowhead or the Armory on your phone or tablet.

Visit the download page to see what type of links are supported and how to generate your QR codes.

For previous Picks of the Week, visit our PotW archive forum.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-10-15, 06:23 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
People realy do that? Scan QR codes from a PC Screen?
I don't want to run this addon down but that sounds realy complicated to me.
My excuse woud be why not just put a wowhead link in your catch that you can just alt+tab into your browser? Instead of unlocking your phone open the app, let the app open a browser and then you still can't use all the wowhead options with your phone and you can't link things back into the game.
05-10-15, 06:32 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Some people can't Alt-tab out, others still can't run both WoW and their browser, others still might prefer this alternative "just because". No need to "run this addon down" - if it's not for you, then it's not for you.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-10-15, 07:30 PM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
"run this addon down"
Sorry if this sounds bad I was trying to find a phrase that makes clear I don't want to hurt anyone, I was just curious

Last edited by Tonyleila : 05-13-15 at 12:11 PM.
05-11-15, 01:14 AM   #5
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Sorry if this sounds bad I was trying to find a phrase that makes clear I don't want tu hurt anyone, I was just curious
Dein Englisch war auch schon mal besser

The AddOn does what it says and does it good.
There is a user base for it.

And that's the bottom line, because Seerah and StoneCold said so.
05-11-15, 11:41 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
People realy do that? Scan QR codes from a PC Screen?
I do, all the time. But then I'm a cell phone geek who roots every cell phone in the house and installs a custom ROM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 5/10: WoWQR (new)