06-01-11, 11:55 AM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Help with BG Defense Announcement Macro

Hi

I am trying to make a macro that will announce INC or HELP needed or w/e for a Node in a BG... This is what I have so far but i can not ge tit to work.. but I am SURE this will work... but I am not an expert....

/script SendChatMessage(string.format("{Skull} >>Need Help at [%s] NOW!<< {Skull}",GetMinimapZoneText()),BATTLEGROUND");

Anyone know how to fix this?
06-01-11, 12:08 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're missing a " in front of "BATTLEGROUND". You should be getting a Lua error (if you're not hiding them in Interface Options).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-01-11, 12:22 PM   #3
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You're missing a " in front of "BATTLEGROUND". You should be getting a Lua error (if you're not hiding them in Interface Options).
great thanks man,.. yea I have them hidden

Final Version

/script SendChatMessage(string.format("{Skull} >>Need Help at [%s] NOW!<< {Skull}",GetMinimapZoneText()),"BATTLEGROUND");
06-03-11, 10:14 AM   #4
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Is there a way I can modify this macro so it can detect if there is a RAID or a BG and post into RAID chat?

Basiclly it is working great for BGs, but Tol Brad is in fact a RAID chat not a BG chat so the macro doesn't work there....

I remember about 5ish years ago I had a macro that could say stuff into group, or raid or say depending on what you were doing... So i am pretty sure it is possible....

Any ideas?

It would be best if teh macro could talk in BGs, (battlegrounds) RAIDs (Tol Brad) and YELL (City Defence form Attack when you are not in any group)

Last edited by Jynks : 06-03-11 at 10:16 AM.
06-03-11, 10:27 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Untested....

/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Skull} >>Need Help at [%s] NOW!<< {Skull}",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")

What this should do:
  • If in a pvp instance, use "BATTLEGROUND".
  • If there is any world state capture information on the screen (towers held, capture bars, etc.), use "RAID". (Note: this is assuming that you get this information on your screen in Tol Barad - I haven't participated in a battle myself yet.)
  • Otherwise use "YELL".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-11, 07:02 AM   #6
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Untested....

/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Skull} >>Need Help at [%s] NOW!<< {Skull}",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")

Works perfectly... thanks a mill man... every random unrated BG player should have this macro !!!

I use 4 of them... just a click and it says it all...

Incoming Macro
Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Diamond} %s {Diamond} - INC",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")
Needs Help NOW!
Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{skull} %s {skull} - Needs help NOW!!",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")
Clear
Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Triangle} %s {Triangle} - CLEAR",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")
Lost
Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{CROSS} %s {CROSS} - LOST",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Help with BG Defense Announcement Macro