08-28-12, 05:34 PM   #1
Devate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Button bag issue

Not sure if this is a bug or just an issue on my end. Using nUI 5.07.25 and ever since updating the addon when I open the mini map button bag all I see is a bright green bar instead of the buttons. The buttons are still there and can be clicked but are not displaying properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_082812_173307.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	7100  

Last edited by Devate : 08-28-12 at 06:34 PM.

08-28-12, 05:39 PM   #2
Nolapete
A Kobold Labourer
Confirmed. I get the same thing.

08-28-12, 06:17 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sounds like a bad texture on a button.

Can one of you post a screen shot? (or both) -- just use the paperclip icon in the message editor to upload the screenshot to this thread.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-28-12, 06:31 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That was one of the problems I couldn't track down as it doesn't error out and I couldn't see where the problem was. Alot of addon users have been reporting that problem.

Unfortunately I never took a screenshot of it as I see the problem all the time. if you don't get a screenshot by the time I log back in in the morning I'll post something up.

08-28-12, 06:36 PM   #5
Devate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Added a screenshot to my original post. Interestingly enough when I took the screenshot the button for gatherer was showing, but as you can see the neon green box is still present. Also of note, nUI shows as out of date in the WoW addon window.

08-28-12, 09:22 PM   #6
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Also Scott, if you tried '/nui movers' to move things, and then did it again to turn it off, the button bar 'stays in movers mode' .....

On a Side note..

Demonic fury bar (on a lock) - I cant remember the c ommand to tell me what it's name is, to be able to move it... As the bar sits in the middle of the screen....
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

08-29-12, 01:15 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
/nUI movers should move the bar. Was pretty sure the name changes for 5.0.4 were incorporated

08-29-12, 07:15 AM   #8
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I remembered it this morning.... '/framestack'

Ok.. On My Priest - it's called PriestBarFrame (and also PriestBarFrameOrb1 [thru3])

Okay.. I figured it out, I needed to move 'Top PetBattle Frame' first, as the (nUI_XPriestBarFrame) is UNDER the battle frame.....

So yes, it is moveable, I guess it just needs to be set as 'on top' of the battle frame (if that is an easy fix)

And Thanks Xrystal for all the work you did, saving Scott from having to figure it all out....
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

08-29-12, 07:24 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, sorry about that guys. Was hoping the Pet Battle Frame Top and Bottom were separate but they weren't and I haven't figured out how the mover system layered the frames.

08-29-12, 08:54 AM   #10
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yeah, sorry about that guys. Was hoping the Pet Battle Frame Top and Bottom were separate but they weren't and I haven't figured out how the mover system layered the frames.
Well, Xrystal, We can't all be perfect, and know how it all worked... but You tried and that is ALL that matters... Besides if it was Easy, we'd've all made our own interfaces!

08-29-12, 03:42 PM   #11
Meengin
A Kobold Labourer
Any word yet for the button bag icons?

08-29-12, 04:19 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I think it might be another blizz glitch. I noticed in the calendar that the icons are off. Bearing in mind it isn't the icons for the button bag itself but the icons for the items inside and I don't recall seeing any code in the nUI Button Bag file that either set the icons or extracted them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_082912_231424.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	7111  

08-29-12, 05:00 PM   #13
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Same issue for me with button bar.

08-29-12, 05:15 PM   #14
Devate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can't comment previously on the Calendar issue, but I'm online at the moment and the images on the Calendar are showing fine for me. However the icons in the button bag are still missing. May still be a Blizz issue, I can't say one way or the other as even if I had the code to look at it wouldn't mean anything to me, lol. Just hoping this gets fixed soon.

08-29-12, 05:26 PM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, its not all calendar icons. Just a few. So it might be one of those case changes they decided to introduce rofl. Wouldn't put it passed them.

Hopefully Scott will have an idea where to look for that sort of stuff as I really can't see what could be causing it. But with him working on version 6 we might have to live with it for the moment. At least I can fix the errors

08-29-12, 07:52 PM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you do a '/framestack' over those greed spaces in the button bag, what turns up?

I'm wondering if the button bag code is picking up some frames off of the minimap and moving them/displaying them even though they should be disabled.

Xrystal -- have a look at the framestack. Also, look at the [WTF > Accounts > {account name} > Saved Variables > nUI.lua] saved vars file to see what stuff nUI moved into the button bag... that might give a clue.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-30-12, 02:18 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
From memory, and I'll confirm later. The button bag icons are things like the calendar and a couple of others that are supposed to be in there.

I'll give you an update once I log back in

08-30-12, 03:05 AM   #18
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
Confirmed, I have the same issue with a green area where the buttons should be. If I hover over where the buttons should be I get the tooltip info and the buttons are clickable but they are not being displayed.

08-30-12, 04:46 AM   #19
Vecead
A Murloc Raider
I also have the same problem. :/

08-30-12, 05:34 AM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
got called into work so will be a lot later before I get the opportunity to log back in.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Button bag issue