09-12-13, 09:57 AM   #2741
echospazz
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs up Awesome UI

Thank you so much for maintaining this UI, I've been using many different UIs over the past few months before I found this one. I've had this one for a long time and loved it ever since. This is one of those UIs you'd want to stick with forever.

Alkzar@Ravenholdt

09-12-13, 10:08 AM   #2742
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by vaizard View Post
@dodgerslim
Hey dude! I got you code and now I make it to work Dynamcis! I'm Tuning and make a better code but take a look <snip>
Nice! though you can shorten the names by feeding the string through this:

Lua Code:
  1. string.match(nameString, "%w*");

I haven't tested this in-game, but it should return e.g. Elder Charm of Good Fortune -> Elder.

09-12-13, 11:02 AM   #2743
vaizard
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post

Lua Code:

I haven't tested this in-game, but it should return e.g. Elder Charm of Good Fortune -> Elder.
Thank for the tip

09-12-13, 12:28 PM   #2744
soulesschild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@dodgerslim
Hey dude! I got you code and now I make it to work Dynamcis! I'm Tuning and make a better code but take a look
Nice work. It's along the lines of what I'm trying to do as well. What's frustrating is that none of my chars or at least from what I noticed, if your character hasn't encountered Warforged seals, then it actually doesn't get returned when you do

GetCurrencyInfo();

Which...makes trying to test annoying

But hopefully maybe Gethe or Nibs can comment, what I wanted to do was add an option menu in real ui config that would first parse all the currency that a character can show, then have check boxes that a user can check to show. Essentially, a user could show only gold, or could show everything, even outdated currency they have that doesn't show by default if they wanted.

09-12-13, 12:40 PM   #2745
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
Nice work. It's along the lines of what I'm trying to do as well. What's frustrating is that none of my chars or at least from what I noticed, if your character hasn't encountered Warforged seals, then it actually doesn't get returned when you do

GetCurrencyInfo();

But hopefully maybe Gethe or Nibs can comment, what I wanted to do was add an option menu in real ui config that would first parse all the currency that a character can show, then have check boxes that a user can check to show. Essentially, a user could show only gold, or could show everything, even outdated currency they have that doesn't show by default if they wanted.
Would be quite a bit of work, but doable. I'd probably set the Currency display to show the standard currencies (gold, VP, CP, etc), then have the option to display any more that the player wanted. Though this kind of ties back into the whole default UI and being able to track 3 currencies on the Bag frame dealio.

Wouldn't be too hard to add a "Customize shown currencies" line to the currency display that when clicked would open a small options window.

09-12-13, 12:43 PM   #2746
soulesschild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Would be quite a bit of work, but doable. I'd probably set the Currency display to show the standard currencies (gold, VP, CP, etc), then have the option to display any more that the player wanted. Though this kind of ties back into the whole default UI and being able to track 3 currencies on the Bag frame dealio.

Wouldn't be too hard to add a "Customize shown currencies" line to the currency display that when clicked would open a small options window.
Sounds good. Hard work was never bad for anyone Already kind of have it working . Just need to read up more on making the customizable options.

09-12-13, 01:14 PM   #2747
vaizard
An Aku'mai Servant
Sounds good. Hard work was never bad for anyone Already kind of have it working . Just need to read up more on making the customizable options.
I used GetBackpackCurrencyInfo(id[1 to 3])

Here a new version

The idea here is get from to currency table the currency that u have marked to show on bagpack. Now it's dynamics if u change the default wow configuration the UI will update too.

I think it's a little different what u have mind.

Now I have a question. Whitch u guys think its better:

1 - have the amount + abbreviation (aka Timeless Coin to tc) + Icon?
2 - amount + abbreviation (my choice)
3 - amount + icon

Last edited by vaizard : 09-12-13 at 01:17 PM.

09-12-13, 01:21 PM   #2748
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Here a new version

The idea here is get from to currency table the currency that u have marked to show on bagpack. Now it's dynamics if u change the default wow configuration the UI will update too.

3 - amount + icon
+1 for Amount + Abbr.

09-12-13, 01:28 PM   #2749
SDSJ
A Defias Bandit
Is there anyway to change the colour of the health bar?
I've tried the appearance tab but that only changes the colour of the health lost, if you know what I mean.

09-12-13, 01:37 PM   #2750
vaizard
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by SDSJ View Post
Is there anyway to change the colour of the health bar?
I've tried the appearance tab but that only changes the colour of the health lost, if you know what I mean.
U mean start with green? it's a good exemple for u question?

09-12-13, 02:18 PM   #2751
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
+1 for Amount + Abbr.
I like the first one 2.
Massive

09-12-13, 04:26 PM   #2752
soulesschild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Here a new version

3 - amount + icon
That's actually smarter than my solution in some ways heh. I only wanted to develop it so that if I don't give a darn about how much I have OTHER than gold then I can just show gold. I'm OCD like that

+1 to amt + abbr as well.

09-12-13, 06:18 PM   #2753
vaizard
An Aku'mai Servant
That's actually smarter than my solution in some ways heh. I only wanted to develop it so that if I don't give a darn about how much I have OTHER than gold then I can just show gold. I'm OCD like that

+1 to amt + abbr as well.
I really think your idea is the best of all. A way to 100% customize the currency view. However, for me, I will take a lot of time to make it.

So for now I can bring that idea . We can work on your idea for the future

09-12-13, 07:28 PM   #2754
Eulogee
A Murloc Raider
Not sure if this has come up already, but I'm having trouble getting my fonts to stick. Every time I log in, it goes back to the default font the UI uploaded with :-(

09-12-13, 07:34 PM   #2755
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Eulogee View Post
Not sure if this has come up already, but I'm having trouble getting my fonts to stick. Every time I log in, it goes back to the default font the UI uploaded with :-(
Having issue with any other settings not sticking? Sounds like your WTF folder has permission/read only issues. Make sure WoW isn't installed in Program Files and that your WTF folder isn't set to Read Only.

09-12-13, 08:55 PM   #2756
dodgerslim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

[...]if your character hasn't encountered Warforged seals, then it actually doesn't get returned when you do

GetCurrencyInfo();

I have yet to do anything to get any Warforged Seals, and they're shown in my tooltip with the code change I made

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post

Lua Code:

To change the display name in the tooltip, edit InfoLine.lua and look for line 1257. Should be the first one mentioning the currency headers.

09-12-13, 09:38 PM   #2757
viallin
A Defias Bandit
Hey, love the add on, but iwas wondering if there was a way to change the bind on the hide/show UI elements from the CTRL key, is my only grip.

Thank you

09-12-13, 11:56 PM   #2758
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
Font issue

Hi Nib
I love your UI and I use it for a long time now *-*

but since 8.0 r15 chat font always resets after relog / restart / disconnect.. thats pretty annoying
can't find the cause of it :O

and also since 8.0 r16 fonts of info line, unit frames, minimap, watchframe... are out of control

8.0 r15

8.0 r16

first pic shows how it should be ^^ second how it is at the moment
(both with same config)
no matter what I do nothing changes

hope you can help me

09-13-13, 12:10 AM   #2759
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Maddoxx View Post
Hi Nib
I love your UI and I use it for a long time now *-*

but since 8.0 r15 chat font always resets after relog / restart / disconnect.. thats pretty annoying
can't find the cause of it :O

and also since 8.0 r16 fonts of info line, unit frames, minimap, watchframe... are out of control

8.0 r15

8.0 r16

first pic shows how it should be ^^ second how it is at the moment
(both with same config)
no matter what I do nothing changes

hope you can help me
What about the chat font is changing? The font itself? Are you on an enUS client, or another locale?
Type /realadv then go to Fonts. Post a screenshot of what you see there.

09-13-13, 12:13 AM   #2760
dodgerslim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just realized the second line in the currency tooltip (how much you've gained or lost during the session) isn't showing correctly because I didn't account for that when I added the other currencies :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI