12-09-09, 06:11 PM   #1
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Unhappy Bugs? -updated in reply. :)

So i've noticed some bugs with the newest version of nui+

I can't move anything on my bar unless i replace it. like i can drag a new thing into the spot to remove the old item but i can't just move it and remove it etc..

As a druid i still havta /rl if i switch forms; my keybinds dont switch from tree to caster forms; it just keeps styaing in one or the other..

Also as a healer; sometime sthe health isn't updated and gotta switch between group types to get it to update.. annoying really

I also can't seem to get the chat panels working but meh not a big deal..

Thats about it.. all i use is nui+ lol. >< just lettin ya know ! thx for the quick update dude

ps (edit)> im an idiot and put this in wrong forum

Last edited by marioinfinity : 12-22-09 at 01:53 AM. Reason: ps

12-09-09, 06:35 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by marioinfinity View Post
So i've noticed some bugs with the newest version of nui+

I can't move anything on my bar unless i replace it. like i can drag a new thing into the spot to remove the old item but i can't just move it and remove it etc..
This is not a bug... it's how the action bars work when they are locked. It prevents you from accidentally moving actions while in combat. You have two choices... go to the interface menu and select the "Action Bars" option then unlock the action bars, or, hold the shift key while you drag the buttons.

As a druid i still havta /rl if i switch forms; my keybinds dont switch from tree to caster forms; it just keeps styaing in one or the other.
Are you sure you have your main action bar on page 1? Press shift-1 to do that. The action bar does change when you shift forms and the key binding for button 1 should then execute the first action for the new form.

Also as a healer; sometime sthe health isn't updated and gotta switch between group types to get it to update.. annoying really
I haven't seen this happen... on which units? Player? Target? Group? Raid? Other?

I also can't seem to get the chat panels working but meh not a big deal..
I'm not sure I follow you... what do you mean you can't get them working? What aren't they doing? Make sure you don't have the "Simple Chat" option turned on in the WoW interface options menu.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-10-09, 02:17 AM   #3
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Okay; so the locked bars makes total sense, how do you unlock em; i can't find that option lol... (sry)

Caster Form Glitch: sometimes; and i say that like maybe 1/10 times; i will go to caster form from tree form; and my keybinds are still tree form set; no matter if i play with the up/down arrow on the top caster bar. It's only tree form too; when i tank i never have that problem. And the only way i can get it to fix itself is /rl ... i dunno..

And as for the Health; it happens in raids or parties; i'll sit their healing someone and takes me a minute to realize their full health; its not too bad; just i havta hit the party toggle (party to raid10..15..etc toggle) and it shows fine.

And the chat windows; like GuildChat vs Chat; was my fault too...

But so 2/4 lol; im sorry.. 40hrs no sleep makes u go kinda weird.. but the caster form glitch and the health has been doing that ever since i started using nui+ .. just figured since you had this update and 6 coming out it might get unoticably fixed; but havn't seen any change; so thought i'd let you know. again thx for the reply; too cool to see a dev actually take interest lol.

Last edited by marioinfinity : 12-10-09 at 08:28 AM.

12-10-09, 09:48 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No worries... talking about problems you're having with the mod are what this forum's all about ~smile~

As for unlocking the bars... the easy way is to just hold the shift key when you start to drag a button. If you want to completely unlock the bars (which I don't really recommend since it's so easy to move spells in the heat of combat) press "Escape" to bring up the WoW options menu, select "Interface" then "ActionBars" and uncheck the "Lock ActionBars" option.

Now... the keybind thing... this has been popping up a lot since the 3.2 patch and is a hot topic of conversation. There are a *lot* of people who do not use nUI but are complaining about the same thing and there are a *lot* of nUI users complaining about it, as well.

I personally do not think it is a nUI bug and I have, so far, not been able to find a solution to it. I've had one user say they never have the problem with Bartender, so it seems there is some work-around, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Xrystal posted a link last night that points to a thread that implies this bug may be related to Windows 7 / Windows Vista which may explain why some users have the problem and others do not. If you're using one of those operating systems, you might try configuring WoW to run as administrator and see if that fixes the issue.

The health thing I'll look at. It may be a new bug.

12-10-09, 10:19 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Well, the problem with attributing the keybind bug to something in Windows Vista/Windows 7 is that I have the bug, and I'm on a Mac.

12-10-09, 10:21 AM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Well.... see.... that's the problem with this whole thing is there's doesn't appear to be any "one" thing it can be attributed to, which is also why finding a solution to it is such a challenge.

The key thing in it all is the number of people not using nUI who also are complaining about the issue... which is not to say I can't find a way to code around the bug.

12-10-09, 10:23 AM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Yeah, I agree it's probably not a nUI bug, per se. It's probably buried somewhere in the blizzard ui code.

12-11-09, 03:31 AM   #8
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

I dunno the form thing could just be a bug with Druids. Cuz well.. we're the only one's who shapeshift lol. I've only noticed it with NUI tho; granted... i dont use the regular ui lol.. oh well; thx for the imput on that.. fail blizz lol

The health thing is kinda annoying tho.. happens quite regularly; specially after boss fights etc.. :\ boo

12-12-09, 12:03 AM   #9
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

so just to let ya know; i've experienced this on my mage as well leveling him in northrend. Getting on vehicles the action bars dont work after i get off; and have to do a /reload ui to get everything fixed, the shortcut /rl doesn't even work ... think 3.3 broke something lol

12-12-09, 12:24 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by marioinfinity View Post
so just to let ya know; i've experienced this on my mage as well leveling him in northrend. Getting on vehicles the action bars dont work after i get off; and have to do a /reload ui to get everything fixed, the shortcut /rl doesn't even work ... think 3.3 broke something lol
Rofl, starting to look like it Never had this problem on any of my toons in 3.2 before I stopped playing And that included Mage, Druid, Priest, Warlock, Shaman erm .. er .. oh yeah had a Paladin for a short while too and a hunter rofl ... ok Ill shush now

12-12-09, 10:56 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you have not played all ten classes you must come back to WoW now.

12-13-09, 08:18 AM   #12
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

haha; yea .. you know you can't resist the urge to play.. now that you can go kill that pansy ass arthas and get a title for it.. lol

Thanks i saw the update email and if i see anything with the health i'll let u know !

And yea.. bars are messed up with vehicles/shapeshift.. like i blink; get into a vehicle; and i cant use the same keybind option of the vehicle till blink was off cd (blink is keybind one while im leveling.. so like i hop into a drake right after blink where the fire option is keybind 1 i cant use it till the 15s is up) and if i leave the mount i havta reload cuz the silly keybind is stuck on the fire not blink lol.. so weird issue to see in wow; it didnt happen quite as often as before the patch but now with the lag in IC and this.. someone needs to be fired @ blizz methinks lol

and when i get a job again; will havta donate. by far the best support i've ever gotten.. for pretty much anything.. and im a certified computer tech lols.. tc xD

12-22-09, 01:52 AM   #13
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Update

Just as an update:

I've had an opportunity to run all the raid frames now; 10,25,40.

I have noticed that the frame window health is still not updating all the way. The only reason i bring this up; is as a healer in some of these fights; I dont have the time on reaction to target 10-25 players to see what their health is; and i really do rely on that raid frame for those players; if the health isnt updating and shows them at 50% thats 2-3s i loose on targeting them, casting and going "omg their 100% gdit" lol. It's definetly not happening as often; but i have noticed it happen in groups, 10 & 25's still.

I've also noticed (not that anyone cares but its noticed) that when you have someone targeted; the target window shows what the individual is casting; however it skips; like I've seen it at 30% and only reupdate after targeting a different person and going back... not that anyone pays attention to that.. but meh..

Just lettin ya know!

Last edited by marioinfinity : 12-22-09 at 02:19 AM.

12-22-09, 06:24 AM   #14
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This is likely frame rate lag. Update methods start getting optimized out if your frame rate is getting too low. I'm not sure there's a fix for this until nUI6 -- you can try reducing shadow detail in your video settings and see if that helps.

12-22-09, 11:12 AM   #15
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Ah.. never really thought of that. I know you've been working on a lot of fps issues and whatnot from what i've seen on the forums with nui 6..

but.. i've never really noticed much of an fps issue with NUI in persay.. And not to be "that guy" but is their really a huge fps loss in raids with nui directly? I mean I was RL back in bc and used xperl and always had a dip in fps from running 10 to 25 raids.. and I really do think its more Blizzards fault than anything cuz from Wrath to Ulduar to ToC to ICC; i've seen a staggering loss in fps in the game as it is. Being the computer nerd I am, and having access to some very nice computers, it's like that on pretty much every pc/mac i've used from patch to patch.. I can understand how raid frames with more info being put out can kinda cause an fps loss.. but the overall fps loss from patch to patch is bloody ridiculous imo..

oh and spiel; thanks. =)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Bugs?